Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] 35$ for 11gb of Data when you port to freedom from Koodo Or Telus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 4:27 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2921 posts
3912 upvotes
BC
uberrider wrote: Hello, I'm currently on a $60 with 12GB data plan. Requested a call back and the Rep offered me free 5GB on top of my plan making it 17GB. When I asked if they have comparable plan matching Freedom I was offered $35 for 6GB of data. I mentioned some people have gotten offers on $35 with 10GB of data but no luck with the Rep I've spoken to. Gonna check with couple more Reps before I make a decision. I hardly go over 4GB a month anyways.
No reason to mention RFD or what other users got unless it's someone you know and they're fine with having their account looked up.
Nov 26, 2009
119 posts
31 upvotes
I just called Koodo at 611, requested a call back, and I was offered the $35/6 GB plan. They also included 1000 LD minutes. The entire process took 15 minutes. I live in BC.
Thank you OP!
Feb 8, 2020
81 posts
127 upvotes
Just got off the phone from my callback with the loyalty department! It seems like the trick is to explicitly mention the freedom migration plan, that's what got the agents talking into their script that leads to the free 5gb add on for me.

Currently sitting at 50$/14gb now! Thanks OP and others!
Images
  • Screenshot_20201016-110539_Samsung Internet Beta.png
Koodo 14GB for $37.50/mo
3 Years Xbox GPU $100
Fido Internet 300d/15u for $30/mo
Netflix / YouTube / Spotify Group Buys

Thanks RFD!
Sep 7, 2003
153 posts
16 upvotes
requested a koodo to call back , they called exactly at the time requested, the rep offered either a cheaper in $ or more data. took the 5GB extra data. Original plan is $50 for 9GB, 1000LD, now has 14 GB in total.
Aug 13, 2020
10 posts
11 upvotes
Any luck for negotiating with Fido customer care.. I am on 35$ % 5 gb plan (3 gb is an addon) but my 3gb expires from next bill and will be left with 2 gb..Tried freedom earlier but the coverage sucks in my area.
Jan 29, 2019
47 posts
14 upvotes
agent86 wrote: OK, so I saw that your wife is currently on FM and you want her to switch to Koodo. This is what I would do.

Call up Koodo and try to sign up as a new customer or to add a second line. Tell them that you saw that FM is offering a $35/11GB plan. Do not tell them that you are currently on FM. Is there something comparable that Koodo can offer you? Chances are that they will either offer you the $35/6GB plan or the $35/7GB plan depending on the rep that you get. Others here have been successful doing this. If you are happy with that, just set up a new line (either a new account or a second line on your account) and port over your wife's FM number in a couple of days. If not successful, says thanks and try again with another CSR.

If you are unsuccessful after a couple of tries, get the $35/11GB for Koodo customers from FM. Port your wife's number from FM to Koodo Prepaid. Get the cheapest plan. Once the line on Koodo Prepaid is working, open a new account with FM and register for the Port from Koodo $35/11GB offer. FM will then port your wife's number back to FM from Koodo Prepaid. This will cost you a Koodo Prepaid SIM. Look around, you can get them for under $10.

Either way, your wife will get a better plan than the one she currently has on FM.

Good luck.
So i spoke with a 2nd rep from Senior support group who will get me $35 with 2G plus $0 for 5g promo= total 7g of data which my wife only uses around 3-5g on FM on average , plus $5 off for the next 24months which I have to go to the store and pickup a new sim and activate it on my existing account, the $45 activation will show up on the 1st bill and credit back on the 2nd bill. She is calling me back tm to apply these changes to my account.

Thanks again Agent86 and everyone.
Oct 9, 2020
2 posts
3 upvotes
Can confirm that I was able to use Facebook Messenger and have my plan changed from the old $60/10gb plan to the $35/2gb + 5gb plan. I had tried previously by calling in twice and saying we were porting and having zero luck.

Edit: Located in Kelowna, BC
Feb 19, 2013
62 posts
106 upvotes
Calgary
Thanked! wife and I both got the $0 5GB addon. $35 for 10gb now. Was easy, just mentioned the freedom mobile offer, and he gave us the extra 5gb right away
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3893 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
Beacon Hill wrote: I just called Koodo at 611, requested a call back, and I was offered the $35/6 GB plan. They also included 1000 LD minutes. The entire process took 15 minutes. I live in BC.
Thank you OP!
You just simply asked for the LD minutes and they didn't refuse?
I thought they don't give this out unless you signed up at a 3rd party kiosk.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3184 posts
752 upvotes
Cooltechtv wrote: So i spoke with a 2nd rep from Senior support group who will get me $35 with 2G plus $0 for 5g promo= total 7g of data which my wife only uses around 3-5g on FM on average , plus $5 off for the next 24months which I have to go to the store and pickup a new sim and activate it on my existing account, the $45 activation will show up on the 1st bill and credit back on the 2nd bill. She is calling me back tm to apply these changes to my account.

Thanks again Agent86 and everyone.
My pleasure. And I'm happy that you're happy now!
Jul 7, 2004
297 posts
133 upvotes
audit13 wrote: The account gets transferred as is without any changes which you can confirm with the agent.

When transferring the account, the existing number on the account goes to the other person too.
Thank you foyour reply.
The reason is my nephew does not have a credit card right now. I will a new SIM card and hold a new account for him until he has a credit card in the future.
( TELUS = Koodo = Public > CMLink ) ( ROGERS = Fido = Chatr > Zoomer = Cityfone > 7-Eleven = Petro Canada ) ( BELL = Virgin = Lucky > President Choice ) ( SHAW = Freedom ) Listed by network not ranking.
Oct 11, 2019
283 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
Spooned wrote: Can confirm that I was able to use Facebook Messenger and have my plan changed from the old $60/10gb plan to the $35/2gb + 5gb plan. I had tried previously by calling in twice and saying we were porting and having zero luck.

Edit: Located in Kelowna, BC
Thanks for this! I called Koodo back and asked for this plan and they gave me another 1GB free add-on on-top of my $35/1GB + $0/5GB!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1940 posts
1098 upvotes
Cambridge
wing0 wrote: You just simply asked for the LD minutes and they didn't refuse?
I thought they don't give this out unless you signed up at a 3rd party kiosk.
I got this on my account back when it was posted here. Was a simple call and they added it, no questions asked.
Dec 5, 2007
162 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks for all the suggestion and responses.

Have 2 lines with Koodo, Earlier, I had 40$ for 6gb +2gb( addon), 240$ on tab for s10, Asked koodo to call back, did mentioned about freedom migration plan, Rep knew I have a tab and cant move out,
offered, 40$ for 11gb ( removed 2gb and added 5gb, as cant have both, mentioned few friends were able to doo ) she was not ready to negotiate further...

2nd line -> 25$ 2gb(addon) + 15$ for 10gb(addon) , asked for 5gb addon, she said she cant as I have change my plant 35$ plan,

Thanks again..
Sep 15, 2018
229 posts
40 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: I got this on my account back when it was posted here. Was a simple call and they added it, no questions asked.
Is this still possible? Is it long distance anywhere or which countries? Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)