Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] 35$ for 11gb of Data when you port to freedom from Koodo Or Telus

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 4:27 pm
Newbie
Apr 19, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: For those on the 35 plan. Any of you on a tab?
Byop currently. I mentioned that I would potentially want an iphone 12 tab, and was told that the 35 plan is only eligible for tab basic. You would have to renegotiate for a more expensive plan for the other tabs, and the 5gb addon would drop. I'm planning on buying the iphone 12 outright and stick with the 35, so didn't bother.
Newbie
Aug 8, 2011
9 posts
VERDUN
Does 35$ for 11gb of Data include unlimited calls already?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13601 posts
3810 upvotes
VANCOUVER
jackiemon wrote: Does 35$ for 11gb of Data include unlimited calls already?
Yes. They pretty much all do.
Member
Aug 16, 2020
250 posts
32 upvotes
AndrewK9078 wrote: *update* switched my other phone number (freedom) to koodo and got 29$/4GB for 24 months, unlimited text/minutes + 1000min LD. Apparently Koodo also has a promotion going on if you switch from Freedom to Koodo. The rep gave me an option 35$/10g or 29$/4g. Since I rarely use over 2g, I took 29$.
Is there a slow speed unlimited after 4gb lte gets over?

Is there a tax on $29 or tax is inclusive?
Member
Apr 10, 2020
259 posts
982 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: Is there a slow speed unlimited after 4gb lte gets over?
There is shock-free data on the plan. Once you use up the 4GB, you can't use it until you pay more for additional data.
newuserhere wrote: Is there a tax on $29 or tax is inclusive?
Since when have you seen a plan in Canada where the tax is included?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2016
1489 posts
1596 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: For those on the 35 plan. Any of you on a tab?
I have two account on a tab with 14 months left managed to the add on both of them. Helped my sister get the add on too and she is on a tab. You have to tell them that freedom is giving you an offer for 35 for 11gb specifically because you are a Koodo customer.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9542 posts
4121 upvotes
Toronto
friedriz wrote: Byop currently. I mentioned that I would potentially want an iphone 12 tab, and was told that the 35 plan is only eligible for tab basic. You would have to renegotiate for a more expensive plan for the other tabs, and the 5gb addon would drop. I'm planning on buying the iphone 12 outright and stick with the 35, so didn't bother.
sad they would remove the add on if you get a new phone on tab :(
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Member
Jun 1, 2011
259 posts
151 upvotes
Fredericton
anyone outside ON / BC able to get a data add on?

was told the offers were not available for NB
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2390 posts
674 upvotes
Gta
Thank everyone . Scheduled a callback with koodo and got a call within 10 min. I was on the 40/6 g plan and told them about the freedom mobile offer.they offered 2 options. Add 5 g to my existing 6g for same price of 40 or take 35 bucks for 6g. I don’t care about extra data cause I never use my existing 6g anyway so I took the 35 dollar option since I’d rather have more money in my pocket that extra data lying around . Lol
Koodo member
Newbie
May 3, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks everyone, just an update - last week I was able to get 5gb add on to my $40 8gb for my line, as well as got help from the rep to port my wife public line to an in market plan $45 2gb and add 5gb. Today, i brought up the freedom offer again for my wifes line and was able to get an even better deal $35 1Gb and add 5gb. Because the rep was nice, I was able to help switch my in law's plan to the $35 1gb and add 5gb as well.
Member
Feb 29, 2012
365 posts
117 upvotes
Markintosh13 wrote: anyone outside ON / BC able to get a data add on?

was told the offers were not available for NB
In Alberta, was able to on someone that used Koodo effectively matching Freedom's offer
Newbie
Jun 19, 2013
4 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Ontario

Thanks for everyone posting, without you guys I would have had no idea about this.
Me: with Fido on $40, 5gb. Been phoning for months trying to get a plan matched to get more gigs without increasing my price. Finally had someone that could help, took 5min. Told them about freedom plan, she offered me a few options but she gave me 4 extra gigs for 2 years then drops to only 2 extra gigs forever. New plan, $40, 9gigs.

GF: with Koodo, was paying $45 for 5 gigs, told them about freedom $35 11gigs, came back with $40 for 7 or $35 for 6. She took the 6 gigs cause she wanted to reduce her bill.

You guys are the best, thanks again for all the help
Member
Oct 11, 2019
283 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
reachedlegendary1 wrote: In Alberta, was able to on someone that used Koodo effectively matching Freedom's offer
They won’t match completely but I’m in Calgary and i got the 1GB/$35 + $0/5GB + $0/1GB for a total of 7GB/$35 plan.
Member
Aug 17, 2017
228 posts
210 upvotes
called in, got the 5gb add on for my $50/8GB plan. so $50 for 13GB. Not too bad. I asked for something lower, but best they would offer was $45 for 2+5 GB. Rep i had was really nice
Newbie
Nov 7, 2016
8 posts
3 upvotes
snyp1193 wrote: They won’t match completely but I’m in Calgary and i got the 1GB/$35 + $0/5GB + $0/1GB for a total of 7GB/$35 plan.
Did you do this in store or online because I went to a kiosk and they refused. They said they have it, but told me it's only for freedom customers. Probably not the first person to ask.

Top