Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] 35$ for 11gb of Data when you port to freedom from Koodo Or Telus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 4:27 pm
Jan 29, 2019
47 posts
14 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Not trying to be rude but the BS is all on your end.. the requirements are pretty clear.

Your wife is already on freedom so she isn't eligible for the freedom offer.

Your wife doesn't have a line with Koodo so she won't get the retentions offer. I don't think anyone has successfully added a 2nd line while getting the 5gb bonus.

She could port her freedom # into Koodo as a 2nd line on your account and try the Koodo loyalty call again. If that doesn't work, port back to freedom to get the $35/11gb.
Don't mean to be rude then why question my post, you don't know me to say I talk BS, I only speak the truth and got results and for you info:

I was able to move my wife over to Koodo as a 2nd line under my account and got her the $34 for 11G plan.
Oct 15, 2020
1 posts
6 upvotes
Thank you to everyone on this thread. I called Koodo and managed to switch my plan from the $60/10GB to the $35/1GB + 5GB bonus. They started by offering me only the $50/4GB w/ 5GB bonus & $45/2GB w/ 5GB bonus. Said I didn't use that much data and would prefer a lower plan. The rep offered the $35/1GB w/ 5GB bonus and I took it!
Oct 11, 2019
283 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
CanadianSyrup wrote: Did you do this in store or online because I went to a kiosk and they refused. They said they have it, but told me it's only for freedom customers. Probably not the first person to ask.
I did this through the callback option. Had to go through a few reps to get to the deal I have right now.
Feb 24, 2017
146 posts
90 upvotes
Thank you to this thread. I will call retention soon. It turned into a discussion with staying koodo instead of switching with FM who has shoddy reception. LOL

Im very happy with Koodo reception is it because they use the Telus network. There's no difference right. Wife wants me to clarify this question.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1056 posts
907 upvotes
Markham, ON
Ludepower wrote: Thank you to this thread. I will call retention soon. It turned into a discussion with staying koodo instead of switching with FM who has shoddy reception. LOL

Im very happy with Koodo reception is it because they use the Telus network. There's no difference right. Wife wants me to clarify this question.
TELUS and Koodo reception are identical.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26968 posts
6311 upvotes
Hamilton
I missed this thread until my buddy told me about it

Called in and got all 4 lines added 5gb for free

There needs to be a Koodo thread lol
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9542 posts
4121 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: I missed this thread until my buddy told me about it

Called in and got all 4 lines added 5gb for free

There needs to be a Koodo thread lol
hahahahahha

no resistance for adding on all four plans from koodo ?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Apr 8, 2007
818 posts
223 upvotes
Milton
I called Koodo to match, they had a few options:

1. $35 for 6gb of data
2. $45 for 9gb of data
3. $50 for 13gb of data

Doesn't seem like they were willing to budge any further. i spoke to retention as well. It is still lower than what I had currently and lower cost so I took it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5311 posts
1251 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
hollywood115 wrote: I called Koodo to match, they had a few options:

1. $35 for 6gb of data
2. $45 for 9gb of data
3. $50 for 13gb of data

Doesn't seem like they were willing to budge any further. i spoke to retention as well. It is still lower than what I had currently and lower cost so I took it.
ask them to match the phone offer also.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1594 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Just switched from $60/12GB to $35/7GB. No hassle and they said it would be for as long as I have the plan. It would make me ineligible for any Tabs though. Only thing is they said there is a $10 fee to make a plan change. I figured with the savings, that it's relatively insignificant but I was never charged a plan fee in the past.

Overall, I'm happy.
Oct 11, 2019
283 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
DarkReaper wrote: Just switched from $60/12GB to $35/7GB. No hassle and they said it would be for as long as I have the plan. It would make me ineligible for any Tabs though. Only thing is they said there is a $10 fee to make a plan change. I figured with the savings, that it's relatively insignificant but I was never charged a plan fee in the past.

Overall, I'm happy.
Get the fee waived since you can’t pick the plan through self service. I just asked to waive it and they just did it.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1594 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
snyp1193 wrote: Get the fee waived since you can’t pick the plan through self service. I just asked to waive it and they just did it.
Tried, they said they couldn't since it was a plan change, despite the fact that I couldn't do it myself.
Oct 11, 2019
283 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
DarkReaper wrote: Tried, they said they couldn't since it was a plan change, despite the fact that I couldn't do it myself.
That’s weird. I literally just asked them straight up and the guy was like “ok we will waive it” lol.
Apr 2, 2015
325 posts
434 upvotes
Siberia
Anyone know if public mobile is included in this porting deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
Jone19 wrote: Anyone know if public mobile is included in this porting deal?
Sure is.

(you must have wandered into the wrong thread, asking about Freedom's port-in offer)