[Freedom Mobile] $40 6 GB and $50 9 GB

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2017 9:25 pm
Tags:
Mar 1, 2012
768 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
i would totally get the v20 with a 5/month tab. so basically pay 290 1 time and 55/month for two years. And get a v20 that works on lte. But I just paid for my public bill and i would lose my referrals.. sigh... tough choice.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7473 posts
2290 upvotes
Maple
Is Freedom used to be Wind? I heard the data speed is slow (especially after 2GB)? Is it still the case? Location is Vaughan.
Sep 7, 2006
847 posts
518 upvotes
If roaming is included than this may very well be an interesting offer as much as freedom is shit.

Uodate: Nvm read the update in the ops post....
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3324 posts
1238 upvotes
Brampton
darkadvenger wrote: i would totally get the v20 with a 5/month tab. so basically pay 290 1 time and 55/month for two years. And get a v20 that works on lte. But I just paid for my public bill and i would lose my referrals.. sigh... tough choice.
I would stay with PM unless you actually know FMs signal for the places you go are ok
dont get blinded by the shiny new device when said device becomes useless when theres little to no signal
Samsung Gear S3 - $170 / Dji osmo mobile 2 - $70

Trades/Looking for:
Samsung buds+, any 5.5"+ phone, surface go, surface pen, netgear orbi satellite
Mar 1, 2012
768 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
dredd2099 wrote: I would stay with PM unless you actually know FMs signal for the places you go are ok
dont get blinded by the shiny new device when said device becomes useless when theres little to no signal
ya the roaming minutes would work fine for me 2400 minutes and unlimited roam text. The issue is the data. But i would be giving up 4gb of data a month for 1gb of roaming and 8gb of freedom lte. Don't know how good lte on freedom is but hspa+ on freedom was so spotty, i don't think i want to go through that again. And i would be spending an extra 65 dollars every 3 months.
Aug 17, 2017
185 posts
175 upvotes
I could be wrong, but i think when you roam you are using Rogers LTE
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5026 posts
1110 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
dredd2099 wrote: I would stay with PM unless you actually know FMs signal for the places you go are ok
He's right special if your inside of a building signal will fluctuate from 3g 4g LTE. If you tolerate that one then FM is a good choice specially if you have F&F 35% discount on any plan for life.

Freedom Mobile

Feb 13, 2015
984 posts
156 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I was able to wrestle with them and get the $59 -> $50 plan even though I was an existing customer.
Basically I was a Wind35 customer and added a $15 US add on cause I go to the school there. Total was $45+ tax, $5 off because of better together savings.

The Everywhere $59 which is now $50 (flash sale) is basically everything I had above now plus roaming in Canada + LTE + extra 2GB data... combine that with my better together savings and im still $45 a month. Definetly worth it. Mind you I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes. They tried to say I couldnt do it because it was only available. "Instores" and new customers only but I think we all know thats BS. I had a strong case which made it convincing by basically saying I was paying for the same amount which gave me less.. and have been a customer for 3 years. Esclated from retentions to the supervisor who made the switch and credited me $15 for no reason too lol
Jan 5, 2013
676 posts
174 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
How does one go to acquire a 35% off code?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6570 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
How long is the term ie. 6 months, one year? Are you locked in?

While it's likely the next iPhone will support AWS 3, there is no guarantees. Very few (popular) phones support this brand. It's a bit of a gamble. The more people who jump on this and suck FM's LTE network, the poorer speeds you're going to get. Their LTE highway is not congested at this time, so any benefit in speeds will be temporary. Personally,. I find 3G speeds too slow for me when I use maps, twitter, check for emails, etc. For IM like WhatsApp, it's fine.
Feb 13, 2008
117 posts
88 upvotes
david_toronto wrote: There is more info here: https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/18/free ... 6gb-508gb/

I've confirmed, this is 100% stackable with the 35% off employee friends and family codes from ANY Shaw employee...
Are you referring to activating a new 35% off code with this weekend promo plan or changing an existing 35% off plan?

Can you confirm if you can change plans with an existing 35% off plan? Sounds like a dangerous game if you lose the existing 35% discount by changing.

Thanks
[OP]
Jul 12, 2007
77 posts
29 upvotes
As it was explained to me, it is all for NEW activations and you're allowed to stack on the 35%.

I don't believe that you can change to the promo plans going on this weekend. BUT I know sales people at these stores want as many new lines as possible, so I can't truly say if an existing customer with a code on their account can change onto these plans.

I would call customer service but I'm inclined to say that existing customers can't change onto these plans - the MobileSyrup article states that. I guess there is also no harm going into one of the participating stores and asking... they seem very open about the information but some won't admit they have codes.

Just as an added note, I've called a few stores in the GTA today and they don't answer the phone - seems a little frustrating but if this deal works out with plan and code it is probably the hottest deal on a cell phone plan if you don't mind a mediocre network (right now) that they say will be 100% better with the new frequencies they bought from Videotron according to another MobileSyrup article...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)