Expired Hot Deals

Freedom mobile

6GB for $40

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 1:35 pm
Thread Summary
People are downvoting this thread as $40 FM threads are popping up almost every week. Deal still applies
70 replies
Sr. Member
Jun 3, 2006
957 posts
130 upvotes
Mississauga
If only Wind's service is reliable.

My sis got a great deal from them awhile ago but never had a signal at home or at work, and spotty coverage in between (across GTA and Mississauga). Paid $ for no service. She jumped to PM as soon as they offered a competitive deal.

Good deal if you're in an area with strong, consistent coverage.
BerryPride :D
Jr. Member
Aug 27, 2017
165 posts
119 upvotes
Is it just me or is there a $40 Freedom Mobile thread every week?
Fido $50/mo 12GB x 24mo − $10/mo credit x 15mo
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25200 posts
10216 upvotes
Socially Distanced
One of the threads was deleted, i guess RFD doesn't like people giving out Wind discount codes
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1860 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
BerryPride wrote: If only Wind's service is reliable.

My sis got a great deal from them awhile ago but never had a signal at home or at work, and spotty coverage in between (across GTA and Mississauga). Paid $ for no service. She jumped to PM as soon as they offered a competitive deal.

Good deal if you're in an area with strong, consistent coverage.
My daughter doesn't have any problem using her FM around
1. Bramalea
2. Halton Hills
3. King City
4. Guelph around Rockwood
5. Sherway Garden (The East Mall Area)
6. Niagara Area
7. Sarnia
8. Canada Wonderland
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8647 upvotes
GTHA
Quentin5 wrote: One of the threads was deleted, i guess RFD doesn't like people giving out Wind discount codes
I posted a Freedom Mobile weekend sale thread and it got threadjacked by members asking for discount codes.
The thread got moved to the expired forums and now it has been deleted. :lol:
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
Been with them since 2011, while coverage outside the GTA isn't as good, it's more than adequate for my needs (I live/work in the city).....and now with LTE and better data plans (I'm paying $32.50 for 8gb, plus 1gb "away" in Canada or USA) ....even the $40 plan is actually better than my old $40 plan!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1196 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
Big Shooter wrote: Been with them since 2011, while coverage outside the GTA isn't as good, it's more than adequate for my needs (I live/work in the city).....and now with LTE and better data plans (I'm paying $32.50 for 8gb, plus 1gb "away" in Canada or USA) ....even the $40 plan is actually better than my old $40 plan!
$37.5 or $32.5 for 8 gb?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5200 posts
3673 upvotes
Vancouver
Cant we just have a megathread or something... this is becoming a reoccurring deal every week then the same discussion about coverage repeats every single weekend...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25200 posts
10216 upvotes
Socially Distanced
tk1000 wrote: I posted a Freedom Mobile weekend sale thread and it got threadjacked by members asking for discount codes.
The thread got moved to the expired forums and now it has been deleted. :lol:
Was the discount applicable to your thread or a good/comparable deal?
If so i see no problem with it, people ask for codes and people with codes give them leading to discounts, the namesake of RFD
That said splitting it into two threads may have been in order.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8647 upvotes
GTHA
Quentin5 wrote: Was the discount applicable to your thread or a good/comparable deal?
If so i see no problem with it, people ask for codes and people with codes give them leading to discounts, the namesake of RFD
That said splitting it into two threads may have been in order.
The discount was applicable to the deals I posted in the thread.
RFD moderation team does not agree.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25200 posts
10216 upvotes
Socially Distanced
tk1000 wrote: The discount was applicable to the deals I posted in the thread.
RFD moderation team does not agree.
Thats my point, they seem to oppose the coupon codes, not sure why.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
1611 posts
954 upvotes
This deal back on through the 4th and also the 8GB $59 plan is $50 again (includes canada and usa roaming).
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2006
195 posts
83 upvotes
torontokris wrote: This deal back on through the 4th and also the 8GB $59 plan is $50 again (includes canada and usa roaming).
This plan can currently be picked up if you're able to get to Fan Expo in Toronto for $37 lifetime. I grabbed it yesterday with the intent of grabbing a phone at my local FM as i didn't have a phone to trade in for additional discounts. My only out of pocket was $10 for a sim card until i do get a phone. I'm mainly interested in testing the service for myself with so much negative feedback, I figured the best review is my review...IF i do like the service for me I've at least retained the best price i can.
I think today is the last day until 4:30 pm
Last edited by Joe_Dirt on Sep 3rd, 2017 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3865 upvotes
Can people use the extended network when coverage is spotty and out of home territory? Asking, never used wind before nor I live in a big city that has the coverage
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1860 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Messerschmitt wrote: Can people use the extended network when coverage is spotty and out of home territory? Asking, never used wind before nor I live in a big city that has the coverage
Yes just don't dissable automatic roaming.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3865 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: Yes just don't dissable automatic roaming.
So then spotty connection shouldn't be a problem as long as you use more than 50% of the time on home network. I guess it would be required to have at least a good connection home or at work.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2011
1337 posts
1206 upvotes
Vancouver
I wish they just got rid of Wind. Fido, koodo, virgin, pm etc are similarly priced but offer better networks
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
1611 posts
954 upvotes
So they are giving the $50/8GB plan for $37? Sounds like they are providing the 25% friends family coupon that freedom sent out recently.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)