Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom mobile

6GB for $40

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 1:35 pm
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
  • After about 10 days now with this "new" plan/price, I'm a happy Freedom customer again
  • Service with LTE is so much better (especially with data)
  • Have used about 2gb of data, so the upgrade to 8gb was necessary
  • Nice just to go to the US and not worry about adding & removing to my plan, and also being allowed to use the allotted 1gb in Freedom's "away" zone is very helpful (vs. what I was always paying for before)

$59.99 marked down to $50 minus 35% F&F = $32.50
Jun 23, 2003
587 posts
439 upvotes
Not surprisingly, the deal is on again this weekend. Thinking of it as a second line as I have the $30/6GB plus voice plan from Telus from the old days.

The one I’m looking at is the $59 down to $50,to get thenUS/out of zone data. In Calgary so coverage should be ok, and again, this isn’t a primary line.

And, I’d be assuming I could get a F&F code to bring it to under $40.

Toying with the idea of just a data only line from Fido for $15 as well, but exploring everything.

Anyone have a better option? I don’t think Telus will give me a preferred rate on a second line, nor is my old plan a share plan.
Or a Freedom F&F code?
Mar 16, 2017
54 posts
17 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: If you gonna pay my bills then I stay away from FM.
Not hating. But there are numerous other options. I don't know why you're keen on getting freedom when there are so many better.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
getrich wrote: Not hating. But there are numerous other options. I don't know why you're keen on getting freedom when there are so many better.
For me this is better, (daughter line) what are the better? koodo loophole? MB/SK Plan? . Rogers Prepaid $180 yearly? Tablet Plan then use a phone how about the data overage?

For my line I think this will be the better deal.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Mar 16, 2017
54 posts
17 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: For me this is better, (daughter line) what are the better? koodo loophole? MB/SK Plan? . Rogers Prepaid $180 yearly? Tablet Plan then use a phone how about the data overage?

For my line I think this will be the better deal.
$23 for 10gb of bad and unreliable internet/service, sure be my guest. But when you get a cell phone, you want service everywhere as much as possible. I'd rather pay for something reliable because this is a service you'd expect to have.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
getrich wrote: $23 for 10gb of bad and unreliable internet/service, sure be my guest. But when you get a cell phone, you want service everywhere as much as possible. I'd rather pay for something reliable because this is a service you'd expect to have.
As i said $23 10gb plan is only for my daughter and she not on the move always, FM coverage is very good in our area where we stay most of the time.

For our personal we use VirginMobile, I think that's reliable enough.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
I suggest everyone check HowardForums on the speeds people are getting with Freedom.

Most parts of Vancouver for example suffer from unacceptably low speeds. It's got nothing to do with saturation but now that iPhone 8 is launched at it supports AWS-66 more people will be tempted to drop their current provider for Shaw and that make matters worse.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: Not everyone knows the loophole of koodo.
That loophole has been closed from what I last heard?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Pavel wrote: That loophole has been closed from what I last heard?
NO idea about that loophole, I always see it in every phone plan post some RFD recommend it also to other RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: NO idea about that loophole, I always see it in every phone plan post some RFD recommend it also to other RFD.
Manitoba loophole has been closed, the Quebec one is still valid.

Not sure what "other" RFD post(s) you're referring to since you did not provide any, but further details are on Howard Forums.
Aug 31, 2015
38 posts
Ajax
Does anyone here use Freedom mobile in Durham Region?