Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

$99 Multi-Month Prepaid Plans: 12 Months unlimited talk+text OR 6 months talk+text+2gb data OR 3 months talk+text+7gb

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2021 12:28 pm
[OP]
Member
May 2, 2019
462 posts
618 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] $99 Multi-Month Prepaid Plans: 12 Months unlimited talk+text OR 6 months talk+text+2gb data OR 3 months talk+text+7gb

Choose 1 of 3 options:

12 MONTHS of Unlimited Talk & Text

6 MONTHS of Unlimited Talk & Text plus 2GB/mo.

3 MONTHS of Unlimited Talk & Text plus 7GB/mo.

For a limited time. New Prepaid activations only.

NOTE: All three plans are only on the FREEDOM NETWORK. Nationwide calling, text and data cost is extra.
Images
  • 6c4uszcjuke71.png
Last edited by haroldliang on Jul 31st, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
234 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 30, 2006
1518 posts
638 upvotes
Halton
Cheapest one seen around I think.
Didn't know they did those data plans
[OP]
Member
May 2, 2019
462 posts
618 upvotes
Also would like some suggestions if you don't mind: What is the best deal if I already have a dual sim phone with 4gb Fido data only card? I’m thinking of the 12 month call and text only but the 6 month with 2gb is tempting as well. Does data cut off completely after the 2gb is spent?
Newbie
Jul 14, 2021
17 posts
48 upvotes
haroldliang wrote: Also would like some suggestions if you don't mind: What is the best deal if I already have a dual sim phone with 4gb Fido data only card? I’m thinking of the 12 month call and text only but the 6 month with 2gb is tempting as well. Does data cut off completely after the 2gb is spent?
data has a hard cap if its on a plan that's advertised as prepaid (all plans in the prepaid section)
Newbie
Sep 13, 2008
30 posts
73 upvotes
Just be cautious.

I've got their one year prepaid plan. Thought it'd be great for work to have a separate line. But reception for me isn't the greatest and sometimes I fail to get réception/receive calls and I live right at Dundas West and Bloor in Toronto. My home office faces Dundas and when I explained it to Freedom, I was told it was based on the location of the towers near me and I should enable wifi-calling as it would improve reception(??!!).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5718 posts
2548 upvotes
Ottawa
It’s close to the grandpa prepaid plan which I have. I pay $45 all in for every half a year for 5gb/mon data unlimited incoming call &texts.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 13, 2005
929 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DealsPlease97 wrote: They also have 2 plans that include nationwide
The nationwide for $180 seems like a good deal. I may just get this for second line. Any good dual sim phones out there?
Newbie
Apr 21, 2020
29 posts
35 upvotes
Burnaby
thomascook12 wrote: Just be cautious.

I've got their one year prepaid plan. Thought it'd be great for work to have a separate line. But reception for me isn't the greatest and sometimes I fail to get réception/receive calls and I live right at Dundas West and Bloor in Toronto. My home office faces Dundas and when I explained it to Freedom, I was told it was based on the location of the towers near me and I should enable wifi-calling as it would improve reception(??!!).
I've had a similar experience. I use a dual SIM with data on the second line and Freedom as my primary voice/SMS line. I live maybe 3 - 5 min drive east of Metrotown in Burnaby and I frequently only get 1 bar. Call quality is noticeably worse when I'm on Freedom compared to my work phone (on TELUS). It's even noticeable to the person on the other line. It's still a fairly decent deal, factoring in the quality issues, but I don't see myself staying with Freedom once my year is up. I'll likely pay a bit more for a prepaid voice/SMS plan with one of the big-3 flanker brands.
Newbie
May 4, 2015
11 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good plans tbh.
$8/mth/yr for unl. call+text.
$16/mth/yr for unl. call+text+2gb.
$32/mth/yr for unl. call+text+7gb.

With a dual sim phone, you can do $8/mth/yr for unl. call+text and use Fido's 4gb data only plan for $10/mth.

$18/mth for unl. call+text+4gb data ain't so bad.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2572 posts
2824 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
The 179 plan with 5 GB, that is 5 GB for the entire year, not 5 GB per month. You are paying $50 ($129 plan with no data, to $179 )
For 5 GB of data. Just so people don't think they are getting data each month, it's for the entire year.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1942 posts
455 upvotes
Hamilton
I put my kids on these yearly unlimited text plans. They're fine and cheap.
Sr. Member
May 5, 2007
919 posts
267 upvotes
North York
junglemage666 wrote: The 179 plan with 5 GB, that is 5 GB for the entire year, not 5 GB per month. You are paying $50 ($129 plan with no data, to $179 )
For 5 GB of data. Just so people don't think they are getting data each month, it's for the entire year.
That can’t be true. 5GB for entire year Weary Face
Sr. Member
Oct 18, 2007
526 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
This is awesome lets see how the others compete with this pricing
Sr. Member
May 22, 2016
650 posts
762 upvotes
Doesn't enabling wifi calling fix this at least when you have Wi-Fi?
SenatorMcCheese wrote: I've had a similar experience. I use a dual SIM with data on the second line and Freedom as my primary voice/SMS line. I live maybe 3 - 5 min drive east of Metrotown in Burnaby and I frequently only get 1 bar. Call quality is noticeably worse when I'm on Freedom compared to my work phone (on TELUS). It's even noticeable to the person on the other line. It's still a fairly decent deal, factoring in the quality issues, but I don't see myself staying with Freedom once my year is up. I'll likely pay a bit more for a prepaid voice/SMS plan with one of the big-3 flanker brands.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7281 posts
449 upvotes
York
How does Nationwide work? If I'm outside of Freedom's zone it switches to Rogers/Bell/Telus and I can still use my unlimited talk/text/remaining data?
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2012
418 posts
251 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
The 6 months deal is pretty interesting considering I pay 21$ for unlimited Talk & Text plus 1GB/mo with public mobile. However, this seem to be for a limited time only and the call quality issues makes me doubt switching to freedom would be a good choice..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 19, 2007
1467 posts
431 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
SenatorMcCheese wrote: I've had a similar experience. I use a dual SIM with data on the second line and Freedom as my primary voice/SMS line. I live maybe 3 - 5 min drive east of Metrotown in Burnaby and I frequently only get 1 bar. Call quality is noticeably worse when I'm on Freedom compared to my work phone (on TELUS). It's even noticeable to the person on the other line. It's still a fairly decent deal, factoring in the quality issues, but I don't see myself staying with Freedom once my year is up. I'll likely pay a bit more for a prepaid voice/SMS plan with one of the big-3 flanker brands.
SS76SS wrote: Doesn't enabling wifi calling fix this at least when you have Wi-Fi?


Does anyone use a dual-SIM iPhone with this combo (ie Freedom as voice / text and Fido data SIM)? I wonder if the Freedom line can be forced to connect to one of the partner networks while inside their coverage area (ie NOT Nationwide)? This should normally not be allowed thus force WiFi calling to turn on via the Fido SIM.

Anyone doing can this chime in and confirm that it works?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
5906 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
Only for new customers?

I already have the $99 unlimited call and text plan but would like to switch too option 2 with 2 GB data.
Jr. Member
Nov 12, 2016
117 posts
54 upvotes
dankup wrote: How does Nationwide work? If I'm outside of Freedom's zone it switches to Rogers/Bell/Telus and I can still use my unlimited talk/text/remaining data?
Sometimes it doesn’t switch on its own and it’s really annoying. You have to constantly watch it and will continue to say call failed.

Top