Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

$99 Multi-Month Prepaid Plans: 12 Months unlimited talk+text OR 6 months talk+text+2gb data OR 3 months talk+text+7gb

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 9:04 pm
Mar 31, 2008
677 posts
323 upvotes
Edmonton
adaniel wrote:
I guess with this multi-month plan, I won't get connected to another carrier when outside Freedom's network since it says the data, calls, and texts are "Freedom" (attached) - those of you who know this for sure, please let me know if I'm mistaken. Thanks in advance.

Edited: tagged another poster who has posted a similar question.
You can use outside the Freedome zone but it will become pay per use (every minute, every text, every MB).
Aug 13, 2015
487 posts
756 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tsgee wrote: You can use outside the Freedome zone but it will become pay per use (every minute, every text, every MB).
Thanks.
And if I have $0 balance on my prepaid account, I won't be able to make/receive phone calls and texts then? (Data will be paused?)
Thanks again.
Nov 21, 2011
709 posts
134 upvotes
CALGARY
looks like prepaid, nationwide roaming is $0.05/min, $0.05/text

not sure about data?
Dec 15, 2018
30 posts
5 upvotes
ankysrulz wrote: I am on same and my 1 year ends next month. Let me know how it goes.
Everything worked out great i got it switched on the chat
Also was told the data is unlimited just throttled after 2gb since its multi month
Our old 1.5GB/19$ just shut off after it was up which made me more conservative with the data

Goodluck bud
Aug 13, 2015
487 posts
756 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SanjeevK14807 wrote: Everything worked out great i got it switched on the chat
Also was told the data is unlimited just throttled after 2gb since its multi month
Our old 1.5GB/19$ just shut off after it was up which made me more conservative with the data

Goodluck bud
The rep said with the $99 multi month plan that data will not stop after it is used up, only throttled? Well that is not what I see online and in my account, but I hope that this is true
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1075 posts
1385 upvotes
adaniel wrote: The rep said with the $99 multi month plan that data will not stop after it is used up, only throttled? Well that is not what I see online and in my account, but I hope that this is true
It's not uncommon for two different Freedom chat reps to give you totally contradictory answers which leads to a lot of confusion and uncertainty.
Mar 31, 2008
677 posts
323 upvotes
Edmonton
adaniel wrote: Thanks.
And if I have $0 balance on my prepaid account, I won't be able to make/receive phone calls and texts then? (Data will be paused?)
Thanks again.
That's correct. If you do not have sufficient credit balance for the pay per use charge the service should stop (talk/text/data). This is striclty for prepaid plans.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15661 posts
3534 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
ottawausite wrote: I signed up $99/year national free talk plan over a year ago and am very happy with it. I think it's $120/year now.
Since freedom mobile supports esim, I installed it as esim card on my cell phone.
I am using fonus mobile for data (free 25G LTE data). I was lucky to get a lifetime free plan (signed up a long time ago and waited for a long time but happy ending).
So my yearly cell phone plan cost is $99+tax totally LoLSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Jealous. And I believe in Ottawa, Wind/Freedom/Shaw has always been strong. Congrats
Dec 15, 2018
30 posts
5 upvotes
Ah that sucks im going to try it out on the last day of my billing but i was told it doesn't cut off not sure if she meant its pay per use after

is there somewhere on the site that has that written? i looked around in the terms but didnt find anything
Jun 11, 2018
27 posts
9 upvotes
WHAT!? Thanks for letting us know. 5GB/year is ridiculous, do they think we are living in 2003?
Jun 11, 2018
27 posts
9 upvotes
Quick question, do prepaid plans like this keep going even after the said deal is "for a limited time"? $99/6mo. with 2gb data does not sound bad, and neither does the 99/3mo. for 7gb data.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1075 posts
1385 upvotes
insuranceproblem76 wrote: WHAT!? Thanks for letting us know. 5GB/year is ridiculous, do they think we are living in 2003?
The 5GB plan would only appeal to low data users as it lasts for 12 months and is throttled for the remainder of the term if consumed prior to expiry. It was in no way meant to be of interest to users that could burn through that in a month.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4712 posts
3907 upvotes
Toronto
insuranceproblem76 wrote: Quick question, do prepaid plans like this keep going even after the said deal is "for a limited time"? $99/6mo. with 2gb data does not sound bad, and neither does the 99/3mo. for 7gb data.
The $99 strictly talk & text deal has been going on for quite a while, so limited time it is not.

However, isn't the current Public Mobile deal better if you are looking for data on a cheap plan? $33/month for unlimited talk/text with 3GB+2GB bonus code

Freedom's deal over the year is $33/month with 2GB month

PM's network coverage is better as well

(BTW, I ask as a current Freedom customer whose $99 plan is expiring soon)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5003 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote: The $99 strictly talk & text deal has been going on for quite a while, so limited time it is not.

However, isn't the current Public Mobile deal better if you are looking for data on a cheap plan? $33/month for unlimited talk/text with 3GB+2GB bonus code

Can't comment but is the current Public Mobile deal is LTE Lite?
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1075 posts
1385 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: The $99 strictly talk & text deal has been going on for quite a while, so limited time it is not.

Actually, the Freedom $99/2GB 6 month plan works out to $16.50/month. On the other hand the $99/7GB 3 month plan is $33/month. Its a toss-up depending on a users particular situation and use case scenario, keeping in mind the data, talk and text in these plans only functions on the Freedom network. Public Mobile's $33/3GB 3G speed plan including $2 off with auto-pay would likely suit users that primarily spend most of their time outside of the Freedom zones.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2609 posts
336 upvotes
Mississauga
Actually anyone one consider getting the freedom 4GB tablet plan?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4712 posts
3907 upvotes
Toronto
flyjazz wrote: Actually, the Freedom $99/2GB 6 month plan works out to $16.50/month.
$16.50 for 6 months yes, but x 2 for the entire year, no?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4712 posts
3907 upvotes
Toronto
h2o- wrote: Can't comment but is the current Public Mobile deal is LTE Lite?
yeah pretty much.. capped up to 3Mbps
Mar 31, 2008
677 posts
323 upvotes
Edmonton
insuranceproblem76 wrote: Quick question, do prepaid plans like this keep going even after the said deal is "for a limited time"? $99/6mo. with 2gb data does not sound bad, and neither does the 99/3mo. for 7gb data.
Limited time meaning in signing up for the plan, it should continue as long as you top up before the expiry date. My sons are on the $99 Nationwide yearly plan, that was limited time also, now it's $129 a year. I just topped up and it's still $99.

From the Terms and Conditions:
$99 offers are available for a limited time and subject to change or cancellation without notice. Taxes, government fees and pay-per-use charges are extra. You can renew after the 3, 6 or 12 month period.
Last edited by tsgee on Aug 12th, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 31, 2008
677 posts
323 upvotes
Edmonton
chadw01 wrote:

flyjazz wrote:
Actually, the Freedom $99/2GB 6 month plan works out to $16.50/month. On the other hand the $99/7GB 3 month plan is $33/month. Its a toss-up depending on a users particular situation and use case scenario, keeping in mind the data, talk and text in these plans only functions on the Freedom network. Public Mobile's $33/3GB 3G speed plan including $2 off with auto-pay would likely suit users that primarily spend most of their time outside of the Freedom zones.
chadw01 wrote: $16.50 for 6 months yes, but x 2 for the entire year, no?
No, still $16.50 a month.