Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

$99 Multi-Month Prepaid Plans: 12 Months unlimited talk+text OR 6 months talk+text+2gb data OR 3 months talk+text+7gb

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2021 12:08 pm
Jan 28, 2005
89 posts
7 upvotes
I signed up $99/year national free talk plan over a year ago and am very happy with it. I think it's $120/year now.
Since freedom mobile supports esim, I installed it as esim card on my cell phone.
I am using fonus mobile for data (free 25G LTE data). I was lucky to get a lifetime free plan (signed up a long time ago and waited for a long time but happy ending).
So my yearly cell phone plan cost is $99+tax totally LoLSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Jun 11, 2012
174 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
ottawausite wrote: I signed up $99/year national free talk plan over a year ago and am very happy with it. I think it's $120/year now.
Since freedom mobile supports esim, I installed it as esim card on my cell phone.
I am using fonus mobile for data (free 25G LTE data). I was lucky to get a lifetime free plan (signed up a long time ago and waited for a long time but happy ending).
So my yearly cell phone plan cost is $99+tax totally LoLSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Are you using this setup on a iphone? Does iMessage work with your Freedom line?
Aug 20, 2012
73 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Can i just sign up for Fido's $10 data only plan and use it on a secondary phone for data use.
Not a fido customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2612 posts
337 upvotes
Mississauga
ottawausite wrote: I signed up $99/year national free talk plan over a year ago and am very happy with it. I think it's $120/year now.
How is the esim work?
You have to go to the store to do it and pay for it?

If I change cell phone, do I need to talk to agent every time with esim?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1157 posts
610 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Interested in esim setup as well. Currently have the Fido 4gb plan and would like to add this $99 talk & text plan so I can receive verification codes and such. What's the run down for E sim?
Mar 31, 2008
677 posts
323 upvotes
Edmonton
killer007 wrote: How is the esim work?
You have to go to the store to do it and pay for it?

If I change cell phone, do I need to talk to agent every time with esim?
patrickkc wrote: Interested in esim setup as well. Currently have the Fido 4gb plan and would like to add this $99 talk & text plan so I can receive verification codes and such. What's the run down for E sim?
https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/supp ... -0--1?&c=9
Jun 22, 2021
39 posts
11 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: I wouldn't recommend any Freedom plan that doesn't include nationwide Roaming.
Why is that? What happens on the 6 month 2GB plan that does not include Nationwide Roaming? High per minute rates/data rates?
Aug 7, 2006
95 posts
24 upvotes
I have 2 lines with Freedom.

One paying $29/month 1.5GB.

Not eligible for prepaid (only for new new prepaid activation). Also, not eligible for $19/month promotion for 1.5GB (new activations).

Online agent was able to offer me loyalty Freedom 1GB care plan for $20/month. Happy to save $9/month, don't use more than 1 GB per month anyways
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3995 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up for two $99 talk and text plans for the kids.

We were out the other day and their data was working (plan has no data). Anyone else seeing this? Checked the account online and no charges for data and some some data used.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
15196 posts
5748 upvotes
Toronto
theshowman wrote: They must have jacked up the price because I'm next to positive that the $99 annual plan was Nationwide coverage including partner networks (roaming) as opposed to freedom mobile coverage only. It seems like the new price is $129.
It may be offered at $99 again for Black Friday. If you don't need data, $129 for unlimited Nationwide talk and text is still a very good deal compared to the plans other carriers are offering.
Aug 16, 2019
66 posts
34 upvotes
How do you get Fonus plan in Canada? And what's the coverage like? First time I heard about this
Mar 31, 2008
677 posts
323 upvotes
Edmonton
cessnabmw wrote: I signed up for two $99 talk and text plans for the kids.

We were out the other day and their data was working (plan has no data). Anyone else seeing this? Checked the account online and no charges for data and some some data used.
Were you in a Freedom/Shaw passpoint/hotspot?
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1093 posts
1420 upvotes
tsgee wrote: Were you in a Freedom/Shaw passpoint/hotspot?
All plans without data still have a connection otherwise MMS would not function. It's very limited intentionally, so don't expect to do much with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3995 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
flyjazz wrote: All plans without data still have a connection otherwise MMS would not function. It's very limited intentionally, so don't expect to do much with it.
They were able to use whatsapp without WiFi.
May 29, 2017
997 posts
641 upvotes
Canada
fiveplustwo wrote: Are you using this setup on a iphone? Does iMessage work with your Freedom line?
iMessage would work with the Freedom SIM Yes it works as that would be set to Primary and Data would be set to any secondary SIM.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 18GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Aug 13, 2015
500 posts
768 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MrBear2019 wrote: "New Activation only" always kills me. Guess I'll be switching to Public or Lucky after my promo ends.
pjw918 wrote: Ask an online chat agent if they can switch you over.
This works for me, switching from the $19/mo 1.5 GB to the multi-month $99 by speaking with a CSR from Loyalty over Whatsapp.
Aug 13, 2015
500 posts
768 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
calgaryleb wrote: Freedom service. Not sure on charges on nationwide ?

Prepaid hard limit once data used.

No auto pay , so ensure top up manually

Good price 2GB/$16.5 per month
Yes, I was told by agent that top up needs to be done manually on multi-month plans (no autopay).
P3nnyP1ncher wrote: Why is that? What happens on the 6 month 2GB plan that does not include Nationwide Roaming? High per minute rates/data rates?
I guess with this multi-month plan, I won't get connected to another carrier when outside Freedom's network since it says the data, calls, and texts are "Freedom" (attached) - those of you who know this for sure, please let me know if I'm mistaken. Thanks in advance.

Edited: tagged another poster who has posted a similar question.
Images
  • Freedom Mobile 6 month plan.PNG