Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Absolute $0 Samsung S20 FE, 20GB, $60/mo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 12:33 am
Feb 24, 2017
123 posts
62 upvotes
Its 2020... does freedom still get complaints about speed issues and reception? I live in Vancouver.

My only hesitation.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
Ludepower wrote: Its 2020... does freedom still get complaints about speed issues and reception? I live in Vancouver.

My only hesitation.
Did they change their bands since WIND? WIND was complete garbage back in Calgary, and presumably most major cities.

Unlimited data, very limited actual usability.

Any answers, folks?
Aug 18, 2017
27 posts
44 upvotes
I just got an s10 from freedom on Tuesday, should I bring it back for this deal?
Nov 26, 2019
9 posts
4 upvotes
Used freedom mobile for like 3 years and it was good. They have improved a lot and if i wasnt stuck on contract with rogers because of free tab and $50 28gb plan with free tab would have taken this deal right away.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
Drewst18 wrote: I just got an s10 from freedom on Tuesday, should I bring it back for this deal?
If you can, I would, the two devices have nearly the same (or exactly the same) RAM, the processor is significantly faster on the FE and the support cycle is longer as it's still the current generation phone. There are a number of other upgrades on the FE compared to the S10.

My thoughts.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5734 posts
4388 upvotes
Been with them since Wind. It's very YMMV on coverage until band 66 came online. Pair with a phone with VoLTE and Wifi calling, Freedom has been solid.
Jul 29, 2016
87 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Is this deal available for current Freedom customers or new customers only?
Toronto Raptors 2018-2019 NBA Champions
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2979 posts
3632 upvotes
Can’t stand their service but upvoted cause the deal is actually really good

If only the regular carriers could have promos like this
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2012
999 posts
1566 upvotes
Alberta
pointsdude wrote: Is this deal available for current Freedom customers or new customers only?
Apparently these Switch & Save deals are available to existing customers, on HUP or new-line activation.
May 16, 2017
66 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Why can`t we wait for black Friday which is merely a month away....
Feb 24, 2017
123 posts
62 upvotes
I think I'll BYOD to freedom and try then for a couple months.

Then sign on contract with free phone if I like the service.

Is this a good strategy? Would they give me this deal if im an existing customer?
Aug 9, 2016
158 posts
532 upvotes
Can't beat their device prices. But that 20GB data isn't usable if most of the time there is no network coverage. I'm currently with Freedom and most of the time if you are inside a building Freedom doesn't have signal or lost its signal. Mind you that this is in Metro Vancouver.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
John8graz wrote: Can't beat their device prices. But that 20GB data isn't usable if most of the time there is no network coverage. I'm currently with Freedom and most of the time if you are inside a building Freedom doesn't have signal or lost its signal. Mind you that this is in Metro Vancouver.
So... same as WIND then.

I wonder if their 5G is better.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5142 posts
1179 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
John8graz wrote: Can't beat their device prices. But that 20GB data isn't usable if most of the time there is no network coverage. I'm currently with Freedom and most of the time if you are inside a building Freedom doesn't have signal or lost its signal. Mind you that this is in Metro Vancouver.
I have no issue using Freedom, I think that inside the building no signal issue is YMMV.

Freedom Mobile

Jun 1, 2016
338 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto/KW
Current Freedom customer in the GTHA here: their signal is definitely not bad, but there are quite a bit more dead spots and 3G-only areas than the big 3. When I was travelling on the Go between KW and Toronto frequently, I would lose signal for a decent amount of the route. Around where I live the signal is mostly strong but with the occasional weird dead spot where all the other carriers have signal.

It's serviceable (no pun intended) but not great, to be honest. I'm looking to switch off if there's any competitive looking deals from Koodo or Virgin or something. This seems like a great deal but just keep your expectations low for coverage if you do decide to switch into Freedom, at least if you're in my area.

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 8 guests)

lbckhmerinc