Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Absolute $0 Samsung S20 FE, 20GB, $60/mo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 12:33 am
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
so after the 24months, wonder how much the plan will be?
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
so i just called a store, i asked about grace period, for example if we take this deal, and end up not liking the service etc...he said they dont take back the phones, and that you would have to pay it off whatever is due for the phone itself.
i only asked this in the case that rogers tries to win me back after the port, and if they had a better offer, i would take it,
in this case FM would charge you for the phone if you leave within the 15 days.

so im on whatsapp chatting to an agent and she noted this:
"Upon checking in regards with our buyers remorse or return policy, you will be able to return the device within 15 days upon purchase or activation."

whos lying? lol, im guessing the guy at the store?
Aug 22, 2019
56 posts
31 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: so i just called a store, i asked about grace period, for example if we take this deal, and end up not liking the service etc...he said they dont take back the phones, and that you would have to pay it off whatever is due for the phone itself.
i only asked this in the case that rogers tries to win me back after the port, and if they had a better offer, i would take it,

so im on whatsapp chatting to an agent and she noted this:
"Upon checking in regards with our buyers remorse or return policy, you will be able to return the device within 15 days upon purchase or activation."

whos lying? lol, im guessing the guy at the store?
Probably the store, as the guy's a sale associate and he's more dependent on commission and etc.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
The Samsung S20 line is extremely snappy, especially if you modify some of the transitions (while keeping the transitions soft to ease the eyes).

I have the S20 5G deployed and it's well loved.

My S20+ 5G is arriving next week.

If you're a big android phone person, it's worth getting a S20 FE / S20 5G / S20+ 5G.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2012
999 posts
1566 upvotes
Alberta
1tallaznguy wrote: so i just called a store, i asked about grace period, for example if we take this deal, and end up not liking the service etc...he said they dont take back the phones, and that you would have to pay it off whatever is due for the phone itself.
No, that's quite wrong. There is a 15-day no-risk trial with right of return.
Re: the device, you can return the as-new device for a full refund within the 15 days (with less than 50% usage of any limited service, so technically less than 10GB data on this plan).
Re: the service, returning the device (or cancelling service on a new activation) at the original point of sale will result in Freedom refunding the connection fee (currently $30), and no service charges billed for the period you had service.
Dec 29, 2014
2 posts
Markham
d1ulove3 wrote: Yes!
iPhone 11 vs S20FE
How much do you pay for this plan? i thought the 35% fnf is removed and have to be changed to 15 dollars off
Jul 7, 2004
279 posts
106 upvotes
mcfart wrote: If I'm on the $50/8GB (+1GB US data) and 35% off, will I lose my 35% if I switch to the $60/20gb plan for this phone?

I think you will lose US roaming 1GB data and unlimited US call/text
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
pjw918 wrote: No, that's quite wrong. There is a 15-day no-risk trial with right of return.
Re: the device, you can return the as-new device for a full refund within the 15 days (with less than 50% usage of any limited service, so technically less than 10GB data on this plan).
Re: the service, returning the device (or cancelling service on a new activation) at the original point of sale will result in Freedom refunding the connection fee (currently $30), and no service charges billed for the period you had service.
had a feeling the store rep was lying.lol
im tempted to jump on this, currently paying $55/month for 5gb + 5gb bonus no tab on Rogers with a Huawei Mate SE
i live in vaughan,

i could use a new phone, but iffy with service coverage, as im reading mixed reviews in terms of service coverage area.
Apr 28, 2017
89 posts
128 upvotes
Should I "upgrade" from my Oneplus 7Pro to the S20 FE?
[OP]
Feb 28, 2012
999 posts
1566 upvotes
Alberta
Freedom Trial Tips

If unsure of service & coverage in your area, some best practice suggestions on trying out Freedom.
  1. make sure that where you typically use your phone is within the Freedom native network coverage (dark blue on the Network coverage map)
  2. trial on the assigned temporary number, wait until satisfied before porting in your own number (just tell the agent you want to be sure before doing the port)
  3. (optional but recommended) if you already have a device that is listed as fully BYOD-compatbile on the Freedom Device Compatibility Matrix, use that for your trial (Freedom normally makes it known when a significant promo is soon to be expired)
  4. if using your own device you want both VoLTE-capability (on Freedom) and the 'extended range' LTE Band 13
  5. make sure you have VoLTE enabled on your device, provisioned on the line, and active during your calls, before rendering judgement
  6. on a Freedom supplied new phone you may need to return within the 15-day remorse period, stay within 50% of any limited usage, eg.10GB data on a 20GB plan.

Working VoLTE means better quality calls, quicker setup, seamless transition of a call between cellular LTE and WiFi, and most importantly..
VoLTE is a requirement on Freedom for access to the 'extended range' 700MHz LTE B13, which greatly improves network experience in fringe coverage and low-signal scenarios (dense structures, basements).
LTE B13 is fully deployed in BC & AB, but not yet in all areas of ON.

By trialing on your own Freedom-compatible device you avoid the shiny-new-device syndrome influencing an objective judgement of network performance in your area, and you eliminate the risk of minor wear-and-tear or damage negating your 15-day right of return. You are also more familiar with your own phone's performance on your accustomed network.
By using your own device for testing when feasible you also avoid needlessly depleting the stock of new devices for committed new customers. As a customer would you not prefer buying a BNIB device than something used & returned?

If trialing on your own device and interested in a phone promotion keep an eye on the website for the 'Ending soon' tag on the promo.

--
There are no refunds on Prepaid service or connection (SIM) fee, but no credit check is required.
On new postpaid service a credit check is required, but on 15-day cancellations at the original point-of-sale Freedom will refund both connection fee and any billed service (not PPU charges).
For the device the 15-day return policy applies on both prepaid and postpaid.
-
Last edited by pjw918 on Oct 18th, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 30, 2016
802 posts
969 upvotes
Mississauga
1tallaznguy wrote: had a feeling the store rep was lying.lol
im tempted to jump on this, currently paying $55/month for 5gb + 5gb bonus no tab on Rogers with a Huawei Mate SE
i live in vaughan,

i could use a new phone, but iffy with service coverage, as im reading mixed reviews in terms of service coverage area.
My advice? Test it out for your self. Get a Freedom prepaid line <$20. Place it in a phone and take it around all your usual spots and get first hand experience of the service in your area. This is more valuable than any internet review, and best of all, costs you only the price of a good lunch.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5142 posts
1179 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
gnehco wrote: How much do you pay for this plan? i thought the 35% fnf is removed and have to be changed to 15 dollars off
paid $37.25, no my 35% still in I didn't not my plan of I change then I will be replace by $15.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
moonriver1 wrote: Should I "upgrade" from my Oneplus 7Pro to the S20 FE?
It's a better put together phone that operates more cohesively between software and hardware.

I can't answer that question for you, though.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15427 posts
16626 upvotes
According to the Freedom rep, you get:

20GB data + S20 FE for $60/month.

19GB data + S20 5G for $90/month.

It's not even close. It looks like Samsung is pushing an S20 FE manufacturer discount through Freedom.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

jun3280