Freedom Mobile Authorized dealers lying saying they're a corporate store

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 4:58 am
[OP]
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes

Freedom Mobile Authorized dealers lying saying they're a corporate store

So i understand that Freedom Mobile has "Corporate stores" and "Authorized dealers". So when ever i want to buy a new phone i make sure to call and ask first which kind of store they are. This is because i have make the mistake of trying to buy a phone at "Authorized dealers" (Which look exactly like a corporate store btw) and as soon as i say i want to buy a phone outright they instantly lose interest. Some won't even sell you a phone outright. They treat you like s**t if you're not signing up for a contract (i am a pre paid customer). I live in Edmonton, AB and in this city it's SANDHU COMPUTERS that owns a lot of these authorized dealers.

So yesterday i was looking to pick up a new phone and since a lot of Freedom stores here are closed and a lot of the store phone numbers don't even work it was hard to find somewhere open at 5:30 on a Saturday. So i called around and the one at 1265 Windermere Way SW, Edmonton answered and they confirmed that the phone was in stock and they said they were indeed a corporate store. So when in the store i asked again and the guy confirmed yes they were a corporate store. So i paid and after looking at my receipt when i got home (image attached) i realized that yup, they lied. Outright phones are final sales.

I just wanted to post because it pi**ed me off. imo these authorized dealers are giving the company a bad name. I didn't know and authorized dealer could make up their own return/exchange policy.
Images
  • IMG_0322.jpeg
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3158 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ELChippo wrote: So i understand that Freedom Mobile has "Corporate stores" and "Authorized dealers". So when ever i want to buy a new phone i make sure to call and ask first which kind of store they are. This is because i have make the mistake of trying to buy a phone at "Authorized dealers" (Which look exactly like a corporate store btw) and as soon as i say i want to buy a phone outright they instantly lose interest. Some won't even sell you a phone outright. They treat you like s**t if you're not signing up for a contract (i am a pre paid customer). I live in Edmonton, AB and in this city it's SANDHU COMPUTERS that owns a lot of these authorized dealers.

So yesterday i was looking to pick up a new phone and since a lot of Freedom stores here are closed and a lot of the store phone numbers don't even work it was hard to find somewhere open at 5:30 on a Saturday. So i called around and the one at 1265 Windermere Way SW, Edmonton answered and they confirmed that the phone was in stock and they said they were indeed a corporate store. So when in the store i asked again and the guy confirmed yes they were a corporate store. So i paid and after looking at my receipt when i got home (image attached) i realized that yup, they lied. Outright phones are final sales.

I just wanted to post because it pi**ed me off. imo these authorized dealers are giving the company a bad name. I didn't know and authorized dealer could make up their own return/exchange policy.
Shouldn't this be posted in Scammers thread?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3099 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
Are you thinking of returning your phone?? You could have asked about their return policy prior to making your payment.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Apr 25, 2019
223 posts
270 upvotes
That really sucks.... Seems a little bit sleazy to me. I would have asked more questions and read the agreement before buying the phone outright instead of relying on the salesperson on the phone to confirm. Salespeople are not looking out for your interests, they are trying to make a sale/buck. The worst case scenario is if you don't like your new phone, you could sell it on Kijiji or Letgo.
Lucky Mobile 3.5 GB $25
[OP]
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
DJ Trance AZ wrote: Are you thinking of returning your phone?? You could have asked about their return policy prior to making your payment.
I read it on Freedoms site prior. Why would i have to ask again ?
[OP]
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
LeifS39303 wrote: That really sucks.... Seems a little bit sleazy to me. I would have asked more questions and read the agreement before buying the phone outright instead of relying on the salesperson on the phone to confirm. Salespeople are not looking out for your interests, they are trying to make a sale/buck. The worst case scenario is if you don't like your new phone, you could sell it on Kijiji or Letgo.
Thanks but i figured reading Freedoms policy on their site was good enough since this place confirmed twice that they were a corporate store.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3099 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
ELChippo wrote: I read it on Freedoms site prior. Why would i have to ask again ?
Well you don't have to but you end up with your situation.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Feb 29, 2020
111 posts
16 upvotes
Are you open to order your next phone online instead down the road?
Nov 11, 2006
383 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You can figure out which store is Corporate or Authourized Dealers on the Freedom Mobile's website.

Corporate will have this listed