Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Bonus 10GB, existing lines and new activations

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 3:40 am
May 10, 2005
368 posts
62 upvotes
I have the FF35, $50/m plan an just did an HUP for an iPhone 11 Pro Max a month ago.

No luck.

Was on iMessage and even got transferred to a Supervisor.

Thumbs down!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Feels Good Man wrote: I got the DD on the $25 line too (with 10GB added) so essentially paying $20 for 10GB of data. Hopefully the 10GB stays there for all my lines and isn’t temporary.
Nice story.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
May 20, 2019
230 posts
665 upvotes
GTA
After 3 try they added 5GB bonus per month to my line yesterday through loyalty. Plan is $35/month. Web chat.
May 20, 2019
230 posts
665 upvotes
GTA
staticburn wrote: I have the FF35, $50/m plan an just did an HUP for an iPhone 11 Pro Max a month ago.

No luck.

Was on iMessage and even got transferred to a Supervisor.

Thumbs down!!!!
Try webchat...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
NoMoneyDown wrote: Tried to get the bonus 10GB via WhatsApp, no dice. Then I tried walking into a store, same thing. They couldn't apply it to my plan due to it being so old. Freedom 39.

The clerk in the store did give me a bonus 3GB a month instead so not all was lost.
The Freedom 1GB plan with bonus 10GB is much better and it's offered on their website. You might as well switch to that.

It's only $1 more.. or $4 less with DD
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: Nice story.
Lmao. I can't exactly confirm everything until my next bill but I see the 10GB data there. Whether or not that 10GB is permanent is another thing.

Here's a screenshot I found on reddit but mine is almost the same thing but with different plans. The Freedom 500 plan, as I said a few pages back, have the data added on top of data in the usage tab and not as an add-on

You can keep believing people are telling "stories" or "fairy tail" on some deal forum just for some imaginary internet points lol.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread. Goodluck to everyone else.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
Only thing you can do is keep trying, ask about getting the add-on and do not jump to authenticate your account. Overall success rate is about 10-15% at this moment Vs Monday/Tuesday

Reps are getting smarter and more pushy as we are reaching >50 pages which means they have received 1000's of contacts about getting this data added............remember Freedom only has 1.5Million or so subscribers......so when things start happening, its not hard to see how many people have got it or are asking lol.......its not like the big 3 with 9Million+ Subs each.

Even a supervisor left me hanging today. I got it on almost all my lines yesterday except 1, the rep said it was added when I disconnected the chat but later learned he missed 1 line despite writing to me that my entire account has it.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5772 posts
3267 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: Nice story.
Exactly, also its a $30 plan and after DD it will be $25 and not $20...such people posting Lie should be banned on RFD
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Exactly, also its a $30 plan and after DD it will be $25 and not $20...such people posting Lie should be banned on RFD
Exactly, Misleading other members.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Aug 5, 2018
53 posts
28 upvotes
i was able to get it on all 3 of my lines through imessage. First line MyTab with 23 months left. 2nd and 3rd line had fnf promo and still got it. Depends on which agent you get. I got lucky!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5772 posts
3267 upvotes
DesertedIsland wrote: i was able to get it on all 3 of my lines through imessage. First line MyTab with 23 months left. 2nd and 3rd line had fnf promo and still got it. Depends on which agent you get. I got lucky!
Plans?
Nov 16, 2016
52 posts
74 upvotes
I contacted Freedom through WhatsApp and it was (mostly) successful. Been signed up to them for a few months on a BYOP 5gb plan, I just told them I heard about a 10gb promotion and if they had more info on eligibility. Whoever I was talking to seemed to understand the implicit request and I was given the extra data without any real issue. I say it 'mostly' worked since the 10gb bonus is replacing a 3gb bonus I had from my initial signup, so I got a data boost but its only a net gain of 7gb.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
Feels Good Man wrote: Lmao. I can't exactly confirm everything until my next bill but I see the 10GB data there. Whether or not that 10GB is permanent is another thing.

Here's a screenshot I found on reddit but mine is almost the same thing but with different plans. The Freedom 500 plan, as I said a few pages back, have the data added on top of data in the usage tab and not as an add-on

You can keep believing people are telling "stories" or "fairy tail" on some deal forum just for some imaginary internet points lol.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread. Goodluck to everyone else.
I don't understand why you cannot just post a screenshot like the one you took from reddit.

If you're not lying, you can shut down everyone who thinks you are with a simple screenshot... what's the harm? Why are you making multiple posts avoiding the one thing that would end this discussion?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: I don't understand why you cannot just post a screenshot like the one you took from reddit.

If you're not lying, you can shut down everyone who thinks you are with a simple screenshot... what's the harm? Why are you making multiple posts avoiding the one thing that would end this discussion?
Such a pain uploading to imgur from my phone but here:

Can’t exactly post the DD
Oct 18, 2020
37 posts
16 upvotes
The best offer that I got was switching to the $35/mo Freedom 1GB plan with the 10 GB bonus data. They will give me a $5 discount for 4 months so $30/mo and after that, it will be $35/mo with the digital discount.

This was after trying for 15+ times.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1356 posts
344 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: in 2 years we'll need more then 20gbs for sure! prolly 50gb min. with 5g speeds
It’ll probably be 1gb each time you run a 5g speed test.
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
"You don't have to make it back the way you lost it." - Warren Buffett
Aug 23, 2011
33 posts
14 upvotes
North vancouver
my own experience seems to be like many. I have a F&F 35, Canada Promo Everywhere 50 w/5GB from 2017 ($50) and they will not give me the 10GB of data. They stated i needed to be on an in market plan., or look at refreshing my phone.

They were happy to send me over to retentions and offer me 15GB / $50 - $15, which is not bad, and alternatively 10GB / $40-10, also not bad. Both without talking about a phone replacement.
I was trying to see if I could keep my F&F but guessing that anything i do in the future will likely not let me leverage it.

What do you think? i only tried twice, once via WhatsApp and the second time via iMsg. =)
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
The claim I keep hearing is that they cant stack 2 data promos, so because the old promo 50 plans have a data promo they can not add a 2nd data promo

Same thing last time (last year?) when they had the smaller promo data
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
cr1975 wrote: my own experience seems to be like many. I have a F&F 35, Canada Promo Everywhere 50 w/5GB from 2017 ($50) and they will not give me the 10GB of data. They stated i needed to be on an in market plan., or look at refreshing my phone.

They were happy to send me over to retentions and offer me 15GB / $50 - $15, which is not bad, and alternatively 10GB / $40-10, also not bad. Both without talking about a phone replacement.
I was trying to see if I could keep my F&F but guessing that anything i do in the future will likely not let me leverage it.

What do you think? i only tried twice, once via WhatsApp and the second time via iMsg. =)
Did those plans include Nationwide data as well or only Freedom data?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)