[Freedom Mobile] Bonus 10GB, existing lines and new activations

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 3:40 am
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1294 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
Online help said no go since I have the old everywhere plan. Will try in person.
Graphic Designer
Jan 28, 2012
29 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the promo everywhere 50 8gb + 3gb + 1gb us/nationwide since 2017, and added a $15 1gb addon plan earlier this year. I tried twice on whatsapp, twice on imessage, no luck today. I'm afraid that the agent will leave a negative note on my account to stop any future attempt if I try too hard. If the agent says no, do I have to be persistent, or move on? Any tips for opening lines? I feel like I'm speed dating.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5319 posts
1255 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
perfectg wrote: Online help said no go since I have the old everywhere plan. Will try in person.
I also got older everywhere plan, but I get the 10gb.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5319 posts
1255 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
pasiku wrote: I have the promo everywhere 50 8gb + 3gb + 1gb us/nationwide since 2017, and added a $15 1gb addon plan earlier this year. I tried twice on whatsapp, twice on imessage, no luck today. I'm afraid that the agent will leave a negative note on my account to stop any future attempt if I try too hard. If the agent says no, do I have to be persistent, or move on? Any tips for opening lines? I feel like I'm speed dating.
Not sure what is the qualification to get it how some people get it. but as I said some forum lots of fairytale and storyteller.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3242 posts
1135 upvotes
Just the luck of the draw depending on Agents you guys get I think. I am on everywhere 50 as well and got it a few days ago no problem.

That or as the days go on,t hey are slowly starting to spread memo for in-marketplans only
Jul 7, 2020
13 posts
6 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: If you recieved a text in September that added the 10gb automatically, see it in your usage, but not in your add-ons = it's permanent

If you asked for it, recieved a text, see it in usage, and see the add-on = it's permanent

If you asked for it, see it in your usage, but not in your add-on = it's temporary

This is what I gather based on Reddit posts. Not sure how true that is.

Did you receive a text?
I just asked for it 2 days ago and it was added to my account. I don't have the addon showing but it shows up in my usage. I received a text right after "Freedom Mobile Update: You've now been subscribed to Promotional Bonus 10GB Freedom Data. We hope you enjoy this feature!" The text doesn't mention anything about it expiring so now I'm confused.
Jul 7, 2004
303 posts
134 upvotes
pasiku wrote: I have the promo everywhere 50 8gb + 3gb + 1gb us/nationwide since 2017, and added a $15 1gb addon plan earlier this year. I tried twice on whatsapp, twice on imessage, no luck today. I'm afraid that the agent will leave a negative note on my account to stop any future attempt if I try too hard. If the agent says no, do I have to be persistent, or move on? Any tips for opening lines? I feel like I'm speed dating.
I think you are just too late to the game. Most people got 10GB at the Sunday and Monday at the 1st or 2nd attempt. Then it seems harder and harder when the time goes. Also it depends on your luck too. I have the exactly same plan as you and got it on Monday at the first try. Some people attempts more than 4 times to get it in the past 2 days if unlucky. I don't think if you are keep trying politely that will affect your account as long as you make your payment on time.
( TELUS = Koodo = Public > CMLink ) ( ROGERS = Fido = Chatr > Zoomer = Cityfone > 7-Eleven = Petro Canada ) ( BELL = Virgin = Lucky > President Choice ) ( SHAW = Freedom ) Listed by network not ranking.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3242 posts
1135 upvotes
I think everyone here disputing or confused or arguing about the 10gb and how long its supposed to be on for..

Who cares how long it stays on for - its free data lol
Jun 24, 2013
151 posts
180 upvotes
There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to any of this.

The first time I tried I got it put on one of my 5 Promo Everywhere 50's with F&F. The next few times through the live chat, nothing. Then I got one more done through the live chat. The last 3 or 4 times I've tried I've been unsuccessful.

This is what frustrates me about promos like this. Either apply it evenly or don't apply it at all. Don't waste people's time (and your company's time) making people chase down the deals.

The reason I'm with Freedom and not with the Big 3 is because I don't want to have to call in every year to negotiate prices and deals but then when things like this happen it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I have 7 lines with Freedom - 5 post paid (max they allow) and 2 pre paid. I've been with them for over 8 years now. I know the pre paids don't qualify, but why do two of my post paids qualify and the other three don't? I've heard - it needs to be an in-market plan, then it needs to be over $35 (it is - at least when I do hardware upgrades they qualify it at that level), needs to have no tab, needs a hardware upgrade among the excuses for not doing it.

This is a bit of a rant, but I think Freedom may win this round and I might give up on the other three lines.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12666 posts
3429 upvotes
Scarberia
on whatsapp now...my line is NOT eligible for DD lol...0/1 :(
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12666 posts
3429 upvotes
Scarberia
TDNGUYEN wrote: I think everyone here disputing or confused or arguing about the 10gb and how long its supposed to be on for..

in 2 years we'll need more then 20gbs for sure! prolly 50gb min. with 5g speeds
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Feb 11, 2013
99 posts
35 upvotes
jasonbir wrote: My rep said that hardware upgrade was needed, I said are you sure my friend didn't have to upgrade to get the bonus, then he said OK (after reviewing the terms apparently)
After trying like 10+ times on WhatsApp I managed to get it on a grandfathered $39 plan (After fam and friend discount), a total of 4 lines! Wasn't a hassle with Alex! Got rejected so many times, and i confirmed with him that the bonus does not expire (he said it is the same as the 3gb bonus data that he removed from my account).

Overall totally worth the hassle, don't give up!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2309 posts
257 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote: I think everyone here disputing or confused or arguing about the 10gb and how long its supposed to be on for..

Well some of us gave up 5gb, which we know was permanent.
Jul 7, 2004
303 posts
134 upvotes
mf1982 wrote: There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to any of this.

The first time I tried I got it put on one of my 5 Promo Everywhere 50's with F&F. The next few times through the live chat, nothing. Then I got one more done through the live chat. The last 3 or 4 times I've tried I've been unsuccessful.

This is what frustrates me about promos like this. Either apply it evenly or don't apply it at all. Don't waste people's time (and your company's time) making people chase down the deals.

The reason I'm with Freedom and not with the Big 3 is because I don't want to have to call in every year to negotiate prices and deals but then when things like this happen it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I have 7 lines with Freedom - 5 post paid (max they allow) and 2 pre paid. I've been with them for over 8 years now. I know the pre paids don't qualify, but why do two of my post paids qualify and the other three don't? I've heard - it needs to be an in-market plan, then it needs to be over $35 (it is - at least when I do hardware upgrades they qualify it at that level), needs to have no tab, needs a hardware upgrade among the excuses for not doing it.

This is a bit of a rant, but I think Freedom may win this round and I might give up on the other three lines.
Just keep trying today. Maybe try different time during the day. I believe they have shift during the day with different agents and supervisors.
( TELUS = Koodo = Public > CMLink ) ( ROGERS = Fido = Chatr > Zoomer = Cityfone > 7-Eleven = Petro Canada ) ( BELL = Virgin = Lucky > President Choice ) ( SHAW = Freedom ) Listed by network not ranking.