Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Bonus 10GB, existing lines and new activations

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 3:40 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
4167 posts
1617 upvotes
Parry Sound
mikka2017 wrote: in 2 years we'll need more then 20gbs for sure! prolly 50gb min. with 5g speeds
With Freedom? Keep dreaming...

I highly doubt Freedom will be 5g ready by then... unless Shaw really puts all their money into Shaw Mobile and Freedom Mobile.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Member
May 29, 2017
434 posts
178 upvotes
Canada
So they gave it to me on my 4 lines out of 5, rep confirmed last night that all my lines now have the plan, but work you this morning to only find it on 4.

It shows under add-ons and it also shows under usage in those. On the 5th line it does not show at all.....tried contacting and they will not make it right, I have proof of confirmation in writing from rep about all my lines “now have 10GB promo” what should I do?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3927 posts
3119 upvotes
i added the 10gb to my plan only because it was free and why not. But freedom is hot garbage and really terrible especially for calls and i drop calls all the time around Markham/Rhill and/or it drops down to 3g in which case it's basically useless as well

but free 10gb even if cant be used is still free!

will be porting out to telus and just suck up the 10mth left on my tab for personal phone

i was on the big gig plan with like 12gb +1gb nationwide for like $45 after F&F?
Member
Sep 10, 2009
403 posts
237 upvotes
I got the DD on the $25 line too (with 10GB added) so essentially paying $20 for 10GB of data. Hopefully the 10GB stays there for all my lines and isn’t temporary.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
1872 posts
874 upvotes
Feels Good Man wrote: I got the DD on the $25 line too (with 10GB added) so essentially paying $20 for 10GB of data. Hopefully the 10GB stays there for all my lines and isn’t temporary.
Which plan is yours for $25?
Member
Sep 10, 2009
403 posts
237 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Can you share a screenshot of F500 plan with the 10gb add on please
pjw918 wrote: I wouldn't do that.
It would be promoting something the agents aren't empowered to offer.

The criteria are $35+ 'in-market' or HUP.
That's reasonable for a free 10GB to existing customers.
If you do better, good for you, but let's not give false hope and create even more stress for the CSRs.
Yeah, I wouldn’t be able to anyway until I really confirm if it’s lifetime and has DD until the new bill comes in. I also got it pretty early before they got a bit stricter with the guidelines to the 10GB but it’ll be much harder now to find someone to change it to that.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
1872 posts
874 upvotes
Feels Good Man wrote: Yeah, I wouldn’t be able to anyway until I really confirm if it’s lifetime and has DD until the new bill comes in. I also got it pretty early before they got a bit stricter with the guidelines to the 10GB but it’ll be much harder now to find someone to change it to that.
Why hiding, nothing gonna happen just share your plan details not your number
Newbie
Oct 26, 2017
17 posts
57 upvotes
Tried to get the bonus 10GB via WhatsApp, no dice. Then I tried walking into a store, same thing. They couldn't apply it to my plan due to it being so old. Freedom 39.

The clerk in the store did give me a bonus 3GB a month instead so not all was lost.
Member
May 10, 2005
293 posts
18 upvotes
I have the FF35, $50/m plan an just did an HUP for an iPhone 11 Pro Max a month ago.

No luck.

Was on iMessage and even got transferred to a Supervisor.

Thumbs down!!!!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
5286 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Feels Good Man wrote: I got the DD on the $25 line too (with 10GB added) so essentially paying $20 for 10GB of data. Hopefully the 10GB stays there for all my lines and isn’t temporary.
Nice story.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Newbie
User avatar
May 20, 2019
68 posts
33 upvotes
After 3 try they added 5GB bonus per month to my line yesterday through loyalty. Plan is $35/month. Web chat.
Newbie
User avatar
May 20, 2019
68 posts
33 upvotes
staticburn wrote: I have the FF35, $50/m plan an just did an HUP for an iPhone 11 Pro Max a month ago.

No luck.

Was on iMessage and even got transferred to a Supervisor.

Thumbs down!!!!
Try webchat...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
4167 posts
1617 upvotes
Parry Sound
NoMoneyDown wrote: Tried to get the bonus 10GB via WhatsApp, no dice. Then I tried walking into a store, same thing. They couldn't apply it to my plan due to it being so old. Freedom 39.

The clerk in the store did give me a bonus 3GB a month instead so not all was lost.
The Freedom 1GB plan with bonus 10GB is much better and it's offered on their website. You might as well switch to that.

It's only $1 more.. or $4 less with DD
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.

Top