Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Bonus 10GB, existing lines and new activations

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 3:40 am
Jan 28, 2012
29 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
After 6 tries, I was told by an agent that to be eligible for the 10gb promo, I need to add a tab to my account. I had an existing tab until November 2021 which didn’t fly. I spent $110 to pay it off, and get a new $0 phone. I plan on selling that phone just like the previous one I got from them, and I’ll end up making a profit. The 10gb will be added once I receive my new phone, and call them back which is a little strange, but I got a transcript of our conversation and requested the agent leaves detailed notes on my account. If all works out, my plan won’t be obsolete with today’s data offerings. However, I’m stuck with them for 2 more years.
Aug 17, 2018
195 posts
113 upvotes
cr1975 wrote: my own experience seems to be like many. I have a F&F 35, Canada Promo Everywhere 50 w/5GB from 2017 ($50) and they will not give me the 10GB of data. They stated i needed to be on an in market plan., or look at refreshing my phone.

They were happy to send me over to retentions and offer me 15GB / $50 - $15, which is not bad, and alternatively 10GB / $40-10, also not bad. Both without talking about a phone replacement.
I was trying to see if I could keep my F&F but guessing that anything i do in the future will likely not let me leverage it.

What do you think? i only tried twice, once via WhatsApp and the second time via iMsg. =)
2 things. You understand that anything you take from loyalty will not be 'in market', so you will technically not qualify for extra 10gb, and you're back to square one trying to jump through hoops. When some other option opens up, you will be excluded again and will be pressured to switch to in market plan, but now you'll be negotiating from weaker position.
Also be aware that you're changing 35% non expiring with $15 that lasts 24 months. Checked and confirmed this fact numerous times.

You're better off calling and calling and calling till you get the bonus and keep your old plan.

On the other topic... For those that don't have DD on everywhere $50 and $60 plans, simplest strategy is to make sure you have autopay on your account.... Then call in for them to remove autopay (yes I'm aware you can do this yourself but you would lose big part of the game setup) or separate and remove autopay from lines that are getting DD if you have a mix as I did.
Let them ask you if you would keep autopay if they went and added the DD discount to your lines.
If you have mixed lines, they would rather give you DD then try to separate postpaid lines so that those with DD keep autopay, and those without don't. Chances are regual csr can't even do it because their console limits and will have to be handled by loyalty.
I know for a fact for example that even obviously separate things like prepaid and postpaid autopay are linked on both 'my account' and regular csr access console. Only loyalty can untangle them properly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5277 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
FYI Conversation with CSR Freedom Mobile Agent Name Mary on Whatapps.
My Plans are listed below all have Friends and Family.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Oct 6, 2015
10 posts
3 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote: I think everyone here disputing or confused or arguing about the 10gb and how long its supposed to be on for..

Who cares how long it stays on for - its free data lol
Some people like me gave up a grandfathered plan to get extra data. If it turns out that it's not permanent, then we get ****.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4158 posts
1612 upvotes
Parry Sound
d1ulove3 wrote: FYI Conversation with CSR Freedom Mobile Agent Name Mary on Whatapps.
My Plans are listed below all have Friends and Family.
The "care" version of Big Gig + Talk 10GB is $40. Same plan but through loyalty. You already have a ridiculous amount of discounts so I doubt they'd give it to you but I guess it's worth a shot.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5277 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
MayorOfToronto wrote: The "care" version of Big Gig + Talk 10GB is $40. Same plan but through loyalty. You already have a ridiculous amount of discounts so I doubt they'd give it to you but I guess it's worth a shot.
They did it on my 4 Lines.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4158 posts
1612 upvotes
Parry Sound
d1ulove3 wrote: They did it on my 4 Lines.
You switched all 4 lines to the Big Gig Unlimited + 10GB Talk Care?

Did they change your F&F to $15? And keep the DD? AND keep the 10GB bonus?

Doubt they let you keep the 10GB bonus and DD but I guess you won't really know until you see your next bill.
Dec 5, 2011
241 posts
253 upvotes
YVR
kav2001c wrote: The claim I keep hearing is that they cant stack 2 data promos, so because the old promo 50 plans have a data promo they can not add a 2nd data promo

Same thing last time (last year?) when they had the smaller promo data
That's what WhatsApp told me also - the CSR even told me that upgrading my plan would be a much better idea because my plan wasn't very good. They really don't want anyone to have that awesome plan anymore. Anyway, when I called 611 the CSR gave it to me no problem. Just keep trying.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5277 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
MayorOfToronto wrote: You switched all 4 lines to the Big Gig Unlimited + 10GB Talk Care?

Did they change your F&F to $15? And keep the DD? AND keep the 10GB bonus?

Doubt they let you keep the 10GB bonus and DD but I guess you won't really know until you see your next bill.
No, Didn't switch any plan.

No change.

I already got my bill. The only changes is all line have 10gb.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Dec 21, 2004
785 posts
151 upvotes
pasiku wrote: After 6 tries, I was told by an agent that to be eligible for the 10gb promo, I need to add a tab to my account. I had an existing tab until November 2021 which didn’t fly. I spent $110 to pay it off, and get a new $0 phone. I plan on selling that phone just like the previous one I got from them, and I’ll end up making a profit. The 10gb will be added once I receive my new phone, and call them back which is a little strange, but I got a transcript of our conversation and requested the agent leaves detailed notes on my account. If all works out, my plan won’t be obsolete with today’s data offerings. However, I’m stuck with them for 2 more years.
What phone are you buying and how much are you selling it for? I'm in the market for a cheap freedom phone. Yes, even the flip phone will do.
Sep 1, 2010
17 posts
13 upvotes
Surrey
Just wrote in via iMessage and had no trouble getting the data added to both lines. Very friendly rep. We had the $60 plan with the XR from The Mobile Shop that was around Aug/Sept 2019. Only downside is that our 3GB promo was removed to add the 10GB, but still net 7GB free.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3178 posts
759 upvotes
Calgary
I have 5 lines with Freedom and was declined this offer twice. I'll try again tomorrow before porting out to Fido next week. In my case for about $10 more per month total, the Fido network is appealing.

Weird, Ive been with them on autopay for 5 years. They don't seem to fussed about me me leaving. I have a couple of Everywhere plans and FNF discounts on all lines, maybe that's why.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4158 posts
1612 upvotes
Parry Sound
lewdvig wrote: I have 5 lines with Freedom and was declined this offer twice. I'll try again tomorrow before porting out to Fido next week. In my case for about $10 more per month total, the Fido network is appealing.

Weird, Ive been with them on autopay for 5 years. They don't seem to fussed about me me leaving. I have a couple of Everywhere plans and FNF discounts on all lines, maybe that's why.
They don't care. The Everywhere plans are money losers for them and when you add F&F on top then losing you is a gain for them.

It's the only reason you stick around and they know it. You're not going anywhere.

They know if they ever raise the price of or cancel the PE50 plans they'd lose a TON of customers within a month.
Nov 2, 2018
31 posts
20 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: They don't care. The Everywhere plans are money losers for them and when you add F&F on top then losing you is a gain for them.

It's the only reason you stick around and they know it. You're not going anywhere.

They know if they ever raise the price of or cancel the PE50 plans they'd lose a TON of customers within a month.
This is why I’m so confused as to why they would say the plan is eligible for things like free 10GB data or even the digital discount! Like I almost felt bad getting the DD added on...
May 24, 2017
649 posts
435 upvotes
GTA
lewdvig wrote: I have 5 lines with Freedom and was declined this offer twice. I'll try again tomorrow before porting out to Fido next week. In my case for about $10 more per month total, the Fido network is appealing.

Wait for Black Friday. There will be more porting wars. Or other deals.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)