[Freedom Mobile] Bonus 10GB, existing lines and new activations

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 3:40 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5318 posts
1257 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
lewdvig wrote: I have 5 lines with Freedom and was declined this offer twice. I'll try again tomorrow before porting out to Fido next week. In my case for about $10 more per month total, the Fido network is appealing.

Weird, Ive been with them on autopay for 5 years. They don't seem to fussed about me me leaving. I have a couple of Everywhere plans and FNF discounts on all lines, maybe that's why.
Try porting all your number for sure they will call you back.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Sep 20, 2010
24 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
Got the 10 GB bonus but had to remove the 5 GB bonus. So net 5 GB free - no complaints.

I used iMessage and was told I’d have to upgrade my phone. So I asked to be transferred to their manager which got me to their retention / loyalty department. They were able to apply the bonus without any upgrades.
Aug 17, 2018
199 posts
117 upvotes
MattF90654 wrote: This is why I’m so confused as to why they would say the plan is eligible for things like free 10GB data or even the digital discount! Like I almost felt bad getting the DD added on...
I don't. I was a happy camper for a while even after they took off my DD few years back saying everywhere 60 is not qualifying, on 3 out of 5 of my lines.... Then they removed multi-line discount for everyone 'in order to serve us better'. Now... It's open season.
Freedom has been complacent since early spring, not reacting till now to multiple campaign's by incumbents to undermine them. They've spent whole last year edging toward big boys in prices, actively making grandfathered plans second class citizens, without significantly improving service.
Only this month I started seeing marked improvement in speed and coverage throughout GTA, with introduction of band 66-7 CA.
I am sure churn was starting to show, and people rather than being forced off grandfathered plan and jumping toward their more expensive plans that give you less (Or have everything same but take f&f away. Or give you more but cost 5 bucks less than comparable incumbent plan), people chose to jump ship and pay same or just a smidge more (taking advantage of the various campaigns) for better networks.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4177 posts
1625 upvotes
Parry Sound
grca73 wrote: I don't. I was a happy camper for a while even after they took off my DD few years back saying everywhere 60 is not qualifying, on 3 out of 5 of my lines.... Then they removed multi-line discount for everyone 'in order to serve us better'. Now... It's open season.
Freedom has been complacent since early spring, not reacting till now to multiple campaign's by incumbents to undermine them. They've spent whole last year edging toward big boys in prices, actively making grandfathered plans second class citizens, without significantly improving service.
Only this month I started seeing marked improvement in speed and coverage throughout GTA, with introduction of band 66-7 CA.
I am sure churn was starting to show, and people rather than being forced off grandfathered plan and jumping toward their more expensive plans that give you less (Or have everything same but take f&f away. Or give you more but cost 5 bucks less than comparable incumbent plan), people chose to jump ship and pay same or just a smidge more (taking advantage of the various campaigns) for better networks.
Getting rid of "better together savings" caused my bill to go up $20. That still pisses me off. They should have just grandfathered it...

Like I said if they ever get rid of or increase the price of PE50 then I'm out the door ASAP.

I have no loyalty to any company.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
MayorOfToronto wrote:
I have no loyalty to any company.
That's why you are mayor. I'd vote for you with that slogan.
Last edited by lewdvig on Oct 24th, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
Paulie1RFD wrote: Wait for Black Friday. There will be more porting wars. Or other deals.
Good advice and you are probably right, but I have the itch to change now. LOL

$141 + tax for 4 * 11 GB lines and a 4 GB tablet plan with a free Tab 8.4 seems really good to me.
Nov 25, 2018
109 posts
16 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got hold of customer service via chat and i was told that i am eligible for this bonus 10 gigs on my existing 2 lines. Had him activate it on my lines.

However, i am unable to see anything on my account. Should this appear anywhere on your account portal?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1855 posts
719 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
lewdvig wrote: Good advice and you are probably right, but I have the itch to change now. LOL

$141 + tax for 4 * 11 GB lines and a 4 GB tablet plan with a free Tab 8.4 seems really good to me.
Some years the black friday deals are great, other years they are not as good as the deals the month before.

Last time I did my phone upgrade just before the full Black Friday deals where announces. Indeed the Black Friday deals were better, but they were out of stock completely for the phone I wanted. So my plan to return and resign-up for the same plan at the better rate was squashed. Overall, I think I got a pretty good deal. Had I waited, I would have got a lower price, but I would not have gotten what I really wanted which was the Pixel 3 XL.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5318 posts
1257 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Subink wrote: Thanks OP. Got hold of customer service via chat and i was told that i am eligible for this bonus 10 gigs on my existing 2 lines. Had him activate it on my lines.

However, i am unable to see anything on my account. Should this appear anywhere on your account portal?
check your usage.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Nov 24, 2014
25 posts
5 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Just tried twice on promo 50 plan and first rep said I needed to change my plan and second rep said I needed to do hardware upgrade and refuse to add the 10gb both times.
Aug 17, 2018
199 posts
117 upvotes
samm091 wrote: Just tried twice on promo 50 plan and first rep said I needed to change my plan and second rep said I needed to do hardware upgrade and refuse to add the 10gb both times.
And you fine tune your story and call again, till you get it
Mar 7, 2011
81 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Does not apply to grand fathered plans , changed my plan 50$ 10gb to a 1+10gb plan for 35$ , only lost my U.s. LD and nation wide data 500gb, but never used it anyway, so now saving 15$ a monthx12=180$ per yr+taxes
Thank-you freedom and fido competitiveness
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3552 posts
1364 upvotes
Ottawa
so what are people paying with this extra 10 GB?
Aug 31, 2009
157 posts
124 upvotes
toronto
Thanks OP! Got my extra 10 GB on my big gig plan through WhatsApp chat