[Freedom Mobile] Bonus 10GB, existing lines and new activations

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 3:40 am
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4183 posts
1627 upvotes
Parry Sound
goo421 wrote: Oct 19 was the day I spoke to the agent (via whatsapp) that probably had no idea what they were doing and then (maybe intentionally) ended the chat after I said I didn't see the 10gb bonus data.

That's ridiculous.. did you contact them? I'm sure they'll waive it.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Jul 29, 2007
241 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
Oops.....accidentally deleted my previous post. Here is a shot of the bill. Reaching out to them now to get this fixed.

Nov 2, 2018
31 posts
20 upvotes
goo421 wrote: Oops.....accidentally deleted my previous post. Here is a shot of the bill. Reaching out to them now to get this fixed.

If I’m not mistaken; they only charge you the $25 when you go to a lower priced plan. But in your case because the Csr didn’t really know what was going on, they should take that charge off
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
The bill's a mess because of the two rate plan changes one after another. There's a reason why users aren't permitted more than one rate plan change per cycle. I'm guessing the second one back to the 2012 plan was at your insistence, and the compliant 2nd rep didn't understand the ramifications. The first change to a present-day plan gave you the now standard Voicemail+, which was indeed an $8 add-on 7 or 8 years ago, the charge triggered by your demand to turn the clock back. The $25 system-applied charge could be for a couple reasons, related to the change back to the 2012 plan.

The charges can be adjusted of course. Time to let that old BTS plan go, accept the premium voicemail included with in-market plans, the free unlimited nationwide talk & text, and the free 10GB bonus data.
Nov 26, 2007
281 posts
21 upvotes
Lululand
I couldn't find this on the website, but does anyone know if you BYOD to a new activation at Freedom if you have to sign a contract?
Dec 13, 2009
168 posts
38 upvotes
speaking of billing issues, got charged for calling fido at their 1855 toll free number. got 13 dollars international calling long distance extra charge. freedom wont reverse. i will transfer to another carrier.
Jul 29, 2007
241 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
pjw918 wrote: The bill's a mess because of the two rate plan changes one after another. There's a reason why users aren't permitted more than one rate plan change per cycle. I'm guessing the second one back to the 2012 plan was at your insistence, and the compliant 2nd rep didn't understand the ramifications. The first change to a present-day plan gave you the now standard Voicemail+, which was indeed an $8 add-on 7 or 8 years ago, the charge triggered by your demand to turn the clock back. The $25 system-applied charge could be for a couple reasons, related to the change back to the 2012 plan.

The charges can be adjusted of course. Time to let that old BTS plan go, accept the premium voicemail included with in-market plans, the free unlimited nationwide talk & text, and the free 10GB bonus data.
I think that's exactly what happened. It should all be fixed now, but I'll have to wait until the next bill to know for sure.

And yes, I'm considering switching to an in market plan. It'll be a few bucks more, but the extra data and nationwide talk and text is well worth it.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1294 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
d1ulove3 wrote: I also got older everywhere plan, but I get the 10gb.
but i have Everywhere 50 plan (8gb data, 1 gb data USA) and the friends and family code, so paying $32 a month
Graphic Designer
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5319 posts
1255 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
perfectg wrote: but i have Everywhere 50 plan (8gb data, 1 gb data USA) and the friends and family code, so paying $32 a month
Did you get it?

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1584 posts
1511 upvotes
MissPrissy wrote: I couldn't find this on the website, but does anyone know if you BYOD to a new activation at Freedom if you have to sign a contract?
BYOD does not have phone tab, so no 2 year "contract" with Freedom mobile. Technically speaking, there are no more contracts, just phone tabs. Anyone can leave early, but need to pay off balance of tab, etc.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3944 posts
1528 upvotes
MissPrissy wrote: I couldn't find this on the website, but does anyone know if you BYOD to a new activation at Freedom if you have to sign a contract?
You'll physically sign something, yes, but you can leave anytime without penalty on BYOD.
Nov 25, 2018
109 posts
16 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: check your usage.
So, It wasn't there. Had to contact them again and now it appears in usage section. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5319 posts
1255 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Subink wrote: So, It wasn't there. Had to contact them again and now it appears in usage section. Thanks!
It will show like this one.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Oct 16, 2011
65 posts
51 upvotes
Thanks OP! Was able to get via WhatsApp chat. Had to do the hardware upgrade but was looking to get iPhone 12 anyhow. I’m on the everywhere 60 plan with F&F discount.
May 27, 2020
25 posts
32 upvotes
Theunderstudy wrote: I'm with the grandfathered plan, freedom 35 (5gb) and previously I had 2gb add-on (2 years ago) and could not provide 10gb, but they added a loyalty 5gb

$35, 12gb.

not bad I'll take it, wait around for black Friday deals and maybe try changing to koodo for better reception when I start taking trips away from Ontario lol
How did you get that loyalty 5 gig addon? I got 9 and run out of data quite often naturally