Vancouver
d1ulove3 wrote: Nope. Waiting for a callback today
Did you get it?
Graphic Designer
Mar 23, 2005
547 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
So I'm interested but turned off by the fact that its $10 and $30 to activate a prepaid and postpaid line respectively. I went to the store and they told me if I did it online, those fees would be waived. I'm talking to an agent on WhatsApp and he's telling me theres still a connection fee of $10 or $30. What gives? Is there a way around this

For context, I want to port my number and use my own phone
Oct 18, 2020
4 posts
Look for store manager it sounds store agent keeps pushing you back. It's indicated on my terms and conditon connection fee not waivable.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
1852 posts
871 upvotes
GentlemensCoffee wrote: I am currently in a grandfather plan and they don't seem to respect the valuable customer of me and my family. I was wondering if this promotion is beneficial or not, I have the Wind 30 Plan of 7 years now so wanted to ask if I should switch to the $35+tax plan or not.

fluidmax wrote: Billing Support coded it that way. Look at my post history you will know I am not joking.
hhp021 wrote: Thanks OP! Was able to get via WhatsApp chat. Had to do the hardware upgrade but was looking to get iPhone 12 anyhow. I’m on the everywhere 60 plan with F&F discount.
How much is your monthly Tab for iPh 12? Did u make any upfront payment
Jan 2, 2006
212 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
I already had 3GB bonus so they just removed these 3 and added 10GB. So it worked. Thanks OP
Jan 2, 2006
212 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
calexicoca wrote: I already had 3GB bonus so they just removed these 3 and added 10GB. So it worked. Thanks OP
Sorry for miss information. An hour after I reported I got text that the deal expired and I got back to what I had before.
Sep 13, 2020
5 posts
5 upvotes
I've got the same Freedom 35 BTS plan w/5GB. Tried online chat with a rep today and asked for the 10GB data u/g. Nope. They say its not offered to plans no in-market. Said I'd have to upgrade my hardware and end up with a higher $ plan to claim the 10GB.

My phone is less than 2yrs old, and I'm happy with it. Hard pass on their 'offer' to pay more/month.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1848 posts
716 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
ABDealmatic wrote: I've got the same Freedom 35 BTS plan w/5GB. Tried online chat with a rep today and asked for the 10GB data u/g. Nope. They say its not offered to plans no in-market. Said I'd have to upgrade my hardware and end up with a higher $ plan to claim the 10GB.

My phone is less than 2yrs old, and I'm happy with it. Hard pass on their 'offer' to pay more/month.
They have two classes of no longer in market plans. They have the grandfather plans like Freedom Everywhere 50, where you can beg and plead, and even offer your first born, but the average customer agent is unable to switch you to that plan. In theory neither is customer retentions, but we have all seen one or two stories where someone must have gotten a VP on the phone or such that had the authority to by-pass all the system locks to prevent assigning the plan. You also have plans like Freedom Everywhere 60. Where they are no longer listed, and generally on first contact they may even tell you there is no such plan. But if you are persistent any customer rep can switch you too it. (Or at least that was true as of last year.) If you have one of these later type of plans, they can also add things like the bonus data to it. The question is not if they can do it, but will they do it? Generally in this case if they say no, you just keep contacting customer reps until one says yes.
Oct 18, 2020
4 posts
Well, there's a terms and condition for all promotions or discounts. Atleast you have options instead of nothing.