• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 10:37 am
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
90 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver

[Freedom Mobile] Bonus Data Event: 11GB for $40

Freedom Mobile is running a new promo. Valid on new lines and also on current phone line upgrades. In store only. Bonus Data does not expire. Prices include Digital Discount

Some notable plans:

(7GB) 1GB + 6GB Bonus Data, Unlimited Talk & Text - $35/month
(11GB) 3GB + 8GB Bonus Data, Unlimited Talk & Text - $40/month
(14GB) 6GB + 8GB Bonus Data, Unlimited Talk & Text - $45/month
72 replies
Jul 27, 2014
446 posts
274 upvotes
Montreal, QC
damn, those plans are super stonks
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
90 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
Seems like we'll be entering October with a carrier pricing war.
Nov 21, 2010
439 posts
261 upvotes
Surrey
ary604 wrote: Seems like we'll be entering October with a carrier pricing war.
Last year, October/November treated us well as well. We signed 2 years device subsidies last year, so we're gonna have to sit out this year. But if it becomes an annual tradition, sign me up for next year!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1535 posts
408 upvotes
Canada
aren't the prices showing INCLUDING digital discount? so it should be $45 for 11GB?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
90 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
2Sedins1Cup wrote: aren't the prices showing INCLUDING digital discount? so it should be $45 for 11GB?
I mentioned in the first sentence that it includes digital discount. The digital discount is also permanent as long as you set up auto-payments.
Oct 26, 2016
305 posts
106 upvotes
I currently have the Big Gig 10GB + Talk which is originally $65 but with digital discount and friends and family discount I am paying $44.

Anybody know if I switch to one of these plans the friends and family discount will carry over?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1434 posts
305 upvotes
Edmonton
Please be mindful, if you're not aware of it, these (low price) plans do not include any Freedom Nationalwide data.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5140 posts
1179 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
d0m056 wrote: I currently have the Big Gig 10GB + Talk which is originally $65 but with digital discount and friends and family discount I am paying $44.

Anybody know if I switch to one of these plans the friends and family discount will carry over?
One you change your plan say goodbye to friends & family discounts.

Freedom Mobile

May 14, 2017
55 posts
14 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: One you change your plan say goodbye to friends & family discounts.
Not exactly.
I was told by the agent when I signed up, if I can change the plan in the future or not without losing the FF.
If you have the old 35% FF, you get to downgrade to $15 OFF.
But the 15% off FF only applies to plan that were $60 +, if you change to a plan lower than 60, you will lose it.
So, best you can get is $45/month.
Aug 13, 2015
273 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ary604 wrote: Freedom Mobile is running a new promo. Valid on new lines and also on current phone line upgrades. In store only. Bonus Data does not expire. Prices include Digital Discount

Some notable plans:

(7GB) 1GB + 6GB Bonus Data, Unlimited Talk & Text - $35/month
(11GB) 3GB + 8GB Bonus Data, Unlimited Talk & Text - $40/month
(14GB) 6GB + 8GB Bonus Data, Unlimited Talk & Text - $45/month
Thanks for sharing, OP.
What is the difference between "Big Gig Unlimited Plans" vs "Freedom Plans"? I googled it and all I could find is an old discussion on Reddit that seems to be outdated by now. All plans cover "nationwide" now.
Images
  • Big Gig Unlimited Plans vs Freedom Plans.PNG
Nov 25, 2007
413 posts
54 upvotes
uglyguy wrote: Please be mindful, if you're not aware of it, these (low price) plans do not include any Freedom Nationalwide data.
Not true, I signed up for the $35 plan, got 500mb of nationwide data. As all data goes if you go over it’s throttled data after that.
Sep 15, 2018
170 posts
31 upvotes
uglyguy wrote: Please be mindful, if you're not aware of it, these (low price) plans do not include any Freedom Nationalwide data.
Sry so what’s the difference between freedom nationalwide data and the freedom data that these plans come with? Thanks.
Oct 26, 2016
305 posts
106 upvotes
I have the 25% friends and family discount,

I may stick with my current plan (Big Gig 10gb + Talk) for now as I hardly use 10GB in a month and the increased data wouldn't benefit me that much, and getting the discount code in the first place was quite difficult for me
Nov 25, 2007
413 posts
54 upvotes
Kyle12345 wrote: Sry so what’s the difference between freedom nationalwide data and the freedom data that these plans come with? Thanks.
If your out of range of freedom towers you go on nationwide (uses bell, Tellus towers) that’s when your nationwide data would kick in. But even if you use it all it just gets throttled after.