Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Boxing week! iPhone 11 ABSOLUTE $0 $55/20GB (extra $200 GC if you got it from Walmart)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2021 2:51 pm
Dec 10, 2010
15 posts
359 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Boxing week! iPhone 11 ABSOLUTE $0 $55/20GB (extra $200 GC if you got it from Walmart)

Boxing week! iPhone 11 ABSOLUTE $0 $55/20GB
extra 200 GC if you got it from Walmart (according to Magoomba, and unfortunately I missed this deal.)

This is a great deal! I switched from Rogers to freedom today and got iPhone 11 for free at $55/20G. (I had a loyalty plan at $50/5G without a contract with Rogers for 3 years.)

It was $65/20G a few months before and no other companies will match this deal.

acMagoomba Walmart has a $200 GC included as well. On the same promo plan.
Images
  • Screenshot (16).png
  • 7532118_original.jpg
Last edited by Adamxxtoronto on Dec 27th, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
204 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
Be carful guys freedoms network overall is garbage so you get what you pay for
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2010
5386 posts
1040 upvotes
Toronto
Freedom has been great for me. Hit or miss so make sure you look at reviews first before making the splash. The benefits of using service on the subway is positive.
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
May 18, 2006
92 posts
75 upvotes
BERTA
Master2031 wrote: Be carful guys freedoms network overall is garbage so you get what you pay for
It really depends on where you are and what your needs are. If you’re going to spend the next year working from home with little to no travel outside your city, freedom is perfectly fine.

If you’re going to be on the highway going somewhere every weekend, I’d be very cautious or have a backup plan (significant other on a different network).

Personally, I live less than a kilometer away from a freedom tower and probably going to be working from home for the foreseeable future. No point spending more money on a different carrier if I can help it.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Magoomba wrote: 68A7968D-3428-485B-A202-A299D6717941.jpegWalmart has a $200 GC included as well. On the same promo plan.
Yes, @NavieM Walmart thread has this deal
NavieM wrote: Update 4: Dec 26

Freedom

$10 off for 24 months on the $55 20GB plan (after digital discount)
Prices below are AFTER $10 off for 24 months and digital discount
New and hardware upgrade

iPhone 11 = $55/month + 200 GC
S20 FE = $55/month + $150 GC
S20 = $64/month + $100 GC

Edit: updated with current deals
Last edited by Dhanushan on Dec 27th, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Sirocco87 wrote: It really depends on where you are and what your needs are. If you’re going to spend the next year working from home with little to no travel outside your city, freedom is perfectly fine.

If you’re going to be on the highway going somewhere every weekend, I’d be very cautious or have a backup plan (significant other on a different network).

Personally, I live less than a kilometer away from a freedom tower and probably going to be working from home for the foreseeable future. No point spending more money on a different carrier if I can help it.
Freedom Mobile has roaming on Partner networks

Freedom Nationwide
When you travel outside of our ‘Freedom’ network in Canada, you’ll be connected to a partner’s network. Your phone will display ‘Nationwide’ when in this area and may also indicate that it’s roaming. You’ll have access to the ‘Nationwide’ portion of your plan or, if your plan does not include a Freedom Nationwide data allotment, pay-per-use rates may apply. Visit My Account to learn more about your current plan.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/network-coverage
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2013
1124 posts
259 upvotes
Mississauga
Sirocco87 wrote: It really depends on where you are and what your needs are. If you’re going to spend the next year working from home with little to no travel outside your city, freedom is perfectly fine.

what kind of issues we can face ? is internet still works ? i do uber will it be a problem ?
May 27, 2016
493 posts
407 upvotes
Uxbridge, ON
There are spotty areas where you'll have lackluster data connection. However, you can bridge these with the included roaming. You might run out though as that is metered.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
gtror350z wrote: There are spotty areas where you'll have lackluster data connection. However, you can bridge these with the included roaming. You might run out though as that is metered.
Still have data, but at reduced speed

from https://www.freedommobile.ca/docs/defau ... policy.pdf

For plans that have a data allotment that includes access to Nationwide Network data, if your applicable data allotment is depleted within the current billing cycle, we will slow your Nationwide Network data speeds down to 128 kilobits per second for downloads and 64 kilobits per second for uploads. At this rate Internet applications that do not require significant bandwidth nor real time streaming performance (such as: web browsing, email, instant messaging or low-quality voice over IP services) will continue to work, but at a slower speed.
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Can someone help me understand this? It looks like there's a $624 tab discount and the actual tab is just $240. That means I can cancel and just pay $240?
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
Thanks for the post op but I would pay about $15 more a month to go with someone like Fido to get better coverage.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Is freedom mobile good in GTA? Not good in the downtown area as what I heard, currently with zoomer, maybe next year it will offer iPhone 12 mini for a similar plan.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1162 posts
196 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Freedom Mobile has roaming on Partner networks

Freedom Nationwide
When you travel outside of our ‘Freedom’ network in Canada, you’ll be connected to a partner’s network. Your phone will display ‘Nationwide’ when in this area and may also indicate that it’s roaming. You’ll have access to the ‘Nationwide’ portion of your plan or, if your plan does not include a Freedom Nationwide data allotment, pay-per-use rates may apply. Visit My Account to learn more about your current plan.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/network-coverage
Good to know thanks.

Does this Boxing Day deal $55/20GB include Freedom Nationwide data allotment? Or it’s extra charges?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
skywalker wrote: Good to know thanks.

Does this Boxing Day deal $55/20GB include Freedom Nationwide data allotment? Or it’s extra charges?
Yes, includes 1GB and when that is depleted, the speed slows down

For plans that have a data allotment that includes access to Nationwide Network data, if your applicable data allotment is depleted within the current billing cycle, we will slow your Nationwide Network data speeds down to 128 kilobits per second for downloads and 64 kilobits per second for uploads. At this rate Internet applications that do not require significant bandwidth nor real time streaming performance (such as: web browsing, email, instant messaging or low-quality voice over IP services) will continue to work, but at a slower speed.
Destiny is all
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
I live in Milton is this plan any good? I mean 20 gb with an iphone 11 for $55 per month is pretty damn good!

The big 3 its $97 per month for the same deal of 20 gb and iphone 11

concerned about how good the signal is....
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: Can someone help me understand this? It looks like there's a $624 tab discount and the actual tab is just $240. That means I can cancel and just pay $240?
No, you also have to pay the tab discount when you cancel

from https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/terms-of-service

“MyTab” means the amount by which the upfront cost of a Device will be reduced, with such amount being reduced by equal amounts each month until your commitment end date;

6. You Leaving Us

You can terminate the provision of Services at any time by contacting our call centre. We will cease providing the Services on the day we receive your instructions to terminate. If you have your number transferred to another service provider, we will treat that as your decision to terminate the provision of Services. We will cease providing the Services once the transfer is complete. You agree to pay to us all charges that you’ve incurred up to the date we stop providing the Services, including for any Services provided or for any equipment that you’ve purchased including an early cancellation fee equal to any unpaid MyTab balance.
Destiny is all
Jul 12, 2011
567 posts
248 upvotes
MARKHAM
Does every walmart have this deal?
Mar 31, 2020
40 posts
10 upvotes
Wasn't there a better deal during Black Friday? TMS and Walmart offered $300 GC but OOS so couldn’t get one.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1816 posts
430 upvotes
Edmonton
Term renewals count as well? I got the old $50 big gig package with 1gb USA roaming. Also is pc superstore phone store offering as well?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)