Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Bring Your Own Phone and Save $10/month for 12 Months and $38 for 9.5GB plan.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 9:29 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3654 posts
4308 upvotes
Toronto

[Freedom Mobile] Bring Your Own Phone and Save $10/month for 12 Months and $38 for 9.5GB plan.

Get $10 off your plan for 12 months if you bring your own phone,

The $43 plan is $5 off so it will be $38/month.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-and- ... to-freedom
44 replies
Mar 25, 2009
957 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
HOW do I get it for $38? Followed the link but can’t see it
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2406 posts
1541 upvotes
GTA
Nexzen wrote: Get $10 off your plan for 12 months if you bring your own phone,

The $43 plan is $5 off so it will be $38/month.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-and- ... to-freedom
How do you know it's $10 off for 12 months since the page simply says "Bring your own phone and save even more!" without any details? Does this discount apply to all plans or just specific ones?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1180 posts
928 upvotes
Vancouver
Will it be back to full price after 12 months?
Sep 11, 2018
28 posts
13 upvotes
Seems like $48 plan and after 5 off it comes to $43 under home plan.
Oct 13, 2009
36 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
dicecube wrote: Will it be back to full price after 12 months?
It will be back to 43$ after 12 months if you have preauthorized payment on. If you get a phone on tab at any point in the 12 months, you lose the discount immediately and revert back to 43$.
Britex wrote:
How do you know it's $10 off for 12 months since the page simply says "Bring your own phone and save even more!" without any details? Does this discount apply to all plans or just specific ones?

If you check Term and Condition at the bottom of freedom mobile page.

Bring Your Own Phone Service Credit Offer

The promotion is available for a limited time at participating Freedom Mobile retail locations only, and is subject to change or cancellation without notice. To be eligible for the promotion, you must activate a new Pay Before or Pay After line during the promotion period. Eligible plans for each service credit offer are:

· $60 Service Credit: Data Plan 1GB, Home 500MB, Home 2GB, or Freedom LTE+3G Promo plans

· $120 Service Credit: Big Gig 10GB, 15GB and 20GB plans, or Big Gig + Talk 5GB, 6GB, 10GB, 15GB and 20GB plans

The promotion may not be combined with any other in-market offer, with the exception of the Big Binge Bonus Data offer, Better Together Savings, and the Refer a Friend program. Your service will no longer be eligible for the promotion if you: a) Change your rate plan to a non-eligible plan; b) Sign up for MyTab; or c) Port your number away from Freedom Mobile. If you are not eligible for the promotion during any month, that credit will be entirely forfeited and cannot be made up. If you qualify for the credit in the months following the ineligible month, you will continue to receive the credit as applicable.

You'll receive:

· $60 Service Credit: A $5 monthly credit applied to your account for up to 12 months to a maximum of $60

· $120 Service Credit: A $10 monthly credit applied to your account for up to 12 months to a maximum of $120

The credits will start to be applied to your account as a top-up credit before tax on your 2nd top-up date (for Pay Before customers), or as a bill adjustment before tax on your 2nd bill (for Pay After customers). The credits will be applied as long as your account is in good standing (not suspended or cancelled) and as long as you continue to be eligible. All services subject to Freedom Mobile’s Terms of Service, Fair Usage Policy and Internet Traffic Management Policy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3654 posts
4308 upvotes
Toronto
Dealzhtms wrote: Seems like $48 plan and after 5 off it comes to $43 under home plan.
$48 - $5 for digital discount = $43 - $5 bring your own phone $38.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2626 posts
442 upvotes
Hi guys,

just want to ask how's the LTE speed and connection in downtown T.O. and Markham? I've been with Rogers forever, currently not under contract and only use like 2gb a month of data, so the $40 plan for 6gb is very tempting as its cheaper then what I'm paying and more data. I don't travel outside of the GTA that often, so I just want to make sure the service will be good?

Thx
Oct 10, 2012
131 posts
102 upvotes
North Vancouver
I'm in Vancouver. Last time I used freedom was 3 months ago, was on $40 5gig plan.... man, I was hardly using 2 g of it because of the speed and poor coverage.

Highly recommend people try it for a week before cancel and fully switch over.
Dec 10, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
Can someone please explain how to get the extra$5 out of Freedom? I am in a store and all they seem to have is $43 per month.
Oct 13, 2009
36 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ttelega12 wrote: Can someone please explain how to get the extra$5 out of Freedom? I am in a store and all they seem to have is $43 per month.
You have to activate a new line to be qualified for that extra $5. Switching plan would not give you it. If you really want the credit, you could port your number out to some prepaid like public or chatr or speakout, and then port back in as the new line. Not worth the hassle imo.
May 23, 2011
750 posts
209 upvotes
FYI the 9.5GB plan is only 3GB of LTE data, and 6.5GB of 3G.
Dec 10, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
I opened a new account, porting the number from one of the big boys, I asked the store worker, she said she can only do $5 off, so called digital discount. I would like to have something quotable from their site, not just some guy said on the forum.
Dec 10, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
AnotherCanuck wrote: FYI the 9.5GB plan is only 3GB of LTE data, and 6.5GB of 3G.
What's the difference for an average user? If the data speed is good, all it means you will use your limit real fast, a questionable advantage.
Oct 13, 2009
36 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ttelega12 wrote: I opened a new account, porting the number from one of the big boys, I asked the store worker, she said she can only do $5 off, so called digital discount. I would like to have something quotable from their site, not just some guy said on the forum.
Go to freedom site, under plan and phone, go to Bring your own phone.

Or at the bottom of any page, click the + beside Terms and Conditions and scroll to bottom for the detail of the offer.

Of course, if you got a phone on the tab with freedom, you are not qualified.

I find it funny that store Rep have to be told of freedom offer by customer... Last Rep I talked to didn't know there's a trade-in promo for the LG G7 ThinQ...
Oct 13, 2009
36 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Can i stack a F&F 25% code on top of this plannoffer?
Pretty sure the new F&F code is for $60+ plan only.
Sep 10, 2017
971 posts
520 upvotes
Did anyone try to work this out with Fido in Ontario?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3654 posts
4308 upvotes
Toronto
ttelega12 wrote: I opened a new account, porting the number from one of the big boys, I asked the store worker, she said she can only do $5 off, so called digital discount. I would like to have something quotable from their site, not just some guy said on the forum.
it literally shows it on the site $48 - $5 = $43/month then under it says bring your phone and save $5/month

Freedom LTE + 3GB Promo
Limited time offer
3GB fast LTE + 6.5GB 3G speed data with no data overage fees!
Unlimited Canada-wide talk
Unlimited global text
9.5GB
for
$43/mo
with Digital Discount◆
Regular price: $48/mo.†
Bring Your Own Phone: Save $5/mo. for 12 months when you activate a new line. In-store only. Offer ends soon.

Did you not check the website, like is that so hard to do. it's under plans...