Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] [Ends Oct 5] Nationwide Unlimited Talk & Text - $99/year prepaid

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 6:39 pm
Jul 14, 2019
90 posts
71 upvotes
Thanks for your comments. It worked on my moto g6 phone. Probably timing. I will check ebay for unlock code. I think the S6 WAS unlocked when I leave the company in 2017.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3580 posts
1849 upvotes
Halifax
WaiL76513 wrote: Thanks for your comments. It worked on my moto g6 phone. Probably timing. I will check ebay for unlock code. I think the S6 WAS unlocked when I leave the company in 2017.
I was disappointed that my Moto G6 does not support wifi calling, so I did not bother placing a Freedom Mobile SIM card in it, even though the phone fully supports all of Freedom Mobile bands.
Dec 21, 2012
303 posts
316 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I've tried searching through the thread but couldn't seem to find an answer. Do you automatically get charged if you try to use data or do you actually have to purchase a data block before it can be used? i.e. Do I need to disable cellular data for the SIM or no?
Dec 6, 2012
294 posts
136 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
whoace wrote: I've tried searching through the thread but couldn't seem to find an answer. Do you automatically get charged if you try to use data or do you actually have to purchase a data block before it can be used? i.e. Do I need to disable cellular data for the SIM or no?
I have cellular data turned on because i need to send MMS. It is prepaid, you only get charged for what you purchase. You have to purchase data to use data but i noticed some emails and whatsapp messages coming through even though i didn't purchase data.

Just avoid saving your payment information on their website or app.
Dec 23, 2011
126 posts
21 upvotes
Barrie, On
Everything going ok with this plan for my daughter except MMS messages are not being delivered to Apple phones. No issues with Android based phones. This happen to anyone else?
May 2, 2008
424 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
WaiL76513 wrote: got my SIM card today, and have Freedom rep activate the SIM, and pay first, then try to use it on my old Samsung S6, the phone restarts, and I got this message saying to Network provider to unlock? Rep said to contact Fido to unlock? Phone was originally from Rogers, I changed to FIDO Dec 2017 (no need to unlock then - should I go to Fido or Rogers to unlock?) the old number with FIDO is not working about 1 hour the SIM card was activated.
If you still have Fido service you can ask them for the S6 unlock code even if it was bought from Rogers. Fido and Rogers share the database with unlock codes, and I've gotten Rogers codes from Fido several times before.
If you don't have service with either one, you can ask a friend who does. There's no charge for the code.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1560 posts
1477 upvotes
desman75 wrote: Everything going ok with this plan for my daughter except MMS messages are not being delivered to Apple phones. No issues with Android based phones. This happen to anyone else?
Probably an issue with iMessage. Does your daughter have iPhone also? Need to either turn on data on iPhone or turn off iMessage and just use SMS/MMS messaging.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Feb 24, 2017
23 posts
9 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: I have my kid on the Public Mobile $13 plan (after autopay discount). 100 mins and unlimited text (bonus 250mb data). Works out to $156 + tax per year). Kid hardly even uses the phone.

I guess I could port her over to plan and save quite a bit and get her unlimited calling (no data).
I'm on the PM plan you mention. It's actually $158.28 per year because PM plans are every 30 days, rather than ever month. Not a big difference, but there you go. :-)
May 12, 2018
23 posts
48 upvotes
Kitchener
I purchased this plan for my daughter to use on an old iPhone 6s. When I go online and check the usage stats on the account, it shows some data usage (even though data is not included) in the plan. I also have never been charged anything beyond the original $99. We live in the K-W area and it's been great for what we need it to do, We have used it in areas where Freedom doesn't have service and it works (switching to Nationwide).
Not sayin' anything.....just sayin'
Jul 14, 2019
90 posts
71 upvotes
Hi xoy74, thanks. Do you call them or goto the FIDO store to get the code. I still have their free tablet plan.
Mar 31, 2008
618 posts
276 upvotes
Edmonton
negot8er wrote: I purchased this plan for my daughter to use on an old iPhone 6s. When I go online and check the usage stats on the account, it shows some data usage (even though data is not included) in the plan. I also have never been charged anything beyond the original $99. We live in the K-W area and it's been great for what we need it to do, We have used it in areas where Freedom doesn't have service and it works (switching to Nationwide).
The phone must connect to the servers every so often. I see calls and texts to a Shaw number every day but they weren't dialed or sent by my kid. No costs seemed to be associated with them.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2361 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga
So they removed the add-on for 5gb for $20 bucks?
All I see it's 1gb for $15
Jul 8, 2019
238 posts
89 upvotes
How much time does Freedom take to deliver the simcard? Can the simcard be bought in local Freedom stores or other stores?
Jul 8, 2019
238 posts
89 upvotes
Checked with freedom rep and he said my phone is not compatible with freedom bands. Any other provider offering such plans? Whats the lowest plan available with data from any operator?
Jan 4, 2008
440 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
darkhorz1 wrote: Checked with freedom rep and he said my phone is not compatible with freedom bands. Any other provider offering such plans? Whats the lowest plan available with data from any operator?
They said same about a phone I had but I got it anyways. Its only used for talk and text anyways, and it seems to work mostly fine.

Maybe it's the location, but hasn't been horrible so far. When calling or texting it seems like it takes a dozen seconds before it actually goes through, maybe that's normal?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)