Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] [Ends Oct 5] Nationwide Unlimited Talk & Text - $99/year prepaid

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 11:57 am
May 24, 2017
622 posts
423 upvotes
GTA
darkhorz1 wrote: Checked with freedom rep and he said my phone is not compatible with freedom bands. Any other provider offering such plans? Whats the lowest plan available with data from any operator?
Check PublicMobile or Lucky Mobile for cheapest options.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2354 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
dxbender wrote: They said same about a phone I had but I got it anyways. Its only used for talk and text anyways, and it seems to work mostly fine.

Maybe it's the location, but hasn't been horrible so far. When calling or texting it seems like it takes a dozen seconds before it actually goes through, maybe that's normal?
Your phone probably only has 1 band instead of all 4 bands...
It's risky since some towers don't offer the band and you will be out of service
Jan 4, 2008
422 posts
143 upvotes
Mississauga
killer007 wrote: Your phone probably only has 1 band instead of all 4 bands...
It's risky since some towers don't offer the band and you will be out of service
Worst case, the phone stops working and I just get a new phone and insert the same sim card in it anyways so it should be fine.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1497 posts
476 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Can I ask,

I’m buying it for an area that’s not within the freedom home network. I would to call out, talk outside of the network.

Are there charges for this or is it covered ?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1555 posts
1467 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: Checked with freedom rep and he said my phone is not compatible with freedom bands. Any other provider offering such plans? Whats the lowest plan available with data from any operator?
Public mobile has a $13 monthly plan with unlimited incoming call, 100 outgoing Cdn minutes and unlimited international text with 250 mb data. Each year with PM earns $1/month credit up to 5 years ($5/month) credit. So, after 5 years, $8 per month plan. Reliability of Telus/Bell network. You can also buy $5 Talk add on (500 cdn minutes for $5 - unused minutes roll over)
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1555 posts
1467 upvotes
gves02 wrote: Can I ask,

I’m buying it for an area that’s not within the freedom home network. I would to call out, talk outside of the network.

Are there charges for this or is it covered ?
It is covered under fair usage policy. If you do too much talk outside network, FM might cut you off. It is usually suggested to purchase FM if you live in their network.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10204 posts
738 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: Public mobile has a $13 monthly plan with unlimited incoming call, 100 outgoing Cdn minutes and unlimited international text with 250 mb data. Each year with PM earns $1/month credit up to 5 years ($5/month) credit. So, after 5 years, $8 per month plan. Reliability of Telus/Bell network. You can also buy $5 Talk add on (500 cdn minutes for $5 - unused minutes roll over)
Link to the deal?
Jul 8, 2019
231 posts
88 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: Public mobile has a $13 monthly plan with unlimited incoming call, 100 outgoing Cdn minutes and unlimited international text with 250 mb data. Each year with PM earns $1/month credit up to 5 years ($5/month) credit. So, after 5 years, $8 per month plan. Reliability of Telus/Bell network. You can also buy $5 Talk add on (500 cdn minutes for $5 - unused minutes roll over)
Thanks for sharing. It shows $15 on public mobile site. Will opt for it.
Nov 7, 2007
642 posts
345 upvotes
Do we need to turn off "Cellular Data"? If not do we need to turn off "Roaming"? Using an iphone 6S

Thanks OP. Sighed up my daughter.
Feb 24, 2017
23 posts
9 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans ... MB-3Gspeed

It is a regular priced plan. You do have to sign up for autopay to get the $2 per month credit. $15 to the $13 monthly fee.
Five years from now, when you're fully vested in the loyalty credits, it'll cost you $97.40 per year, or $8.12 per month (since PM charges per 30 days, rather than per month). I'm only 3 years in, but already down to $7 per 30 days (the equivalent of $7.10 per month) because I have three refer-a-friend discounts, which are $1 per person per billing cycle on PM. That means I've had three years of refer-a-friend discounts, and counting, on the same three people.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2493 posts
1130 upvotes
Surrey
MassDeduction wrote: Five years from now, when you're fully vested in the loyalty credits, it'll cost you $97.40 per year, or $8.12 per month (since PM charges per 30 days, rather than per month). I'm only 3 years in, but already down to $7 per 30 days (the equivalent of $7.10 per month) because I have three refer-a-friend discounts, which are $1 per person per billing cycle on PM. That means I've had three years of refer-a-friend discounts, and counting, on the same three people.
Does anyone knows whether I can freedom home internet with this plan? Since to get freedom home internet you need mobile plan as well.
Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1005 posts
1614 upvotes
Alberta
Freedom Home Internet is exclusively available to Freedom Mobile customers with a postpaid wireless plan of $15 or higher.

$55/mo, 150 Mbps, unlimited.
No contract, no modem rental, self-install.
Available in AB/BC, uses Shaw infrastructure.
https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/home-internet
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1005 posts
1614 upvotes
Alberta
rgilld wrote: Do we need to turn off "Cellular Data"? If not do we need to turn off "Roaming"? Using an iphone 6S
No, leave both on. MMS uses data, but doesn't require it on the plan.
No chance of overage charges on this prepaid, unlimited, nationwide plan.
Don't maintain a credit balance (top-up) unless you need the occasional LD calling.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)