Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] [Ends Oct 5] Nationwide Unlimited Talk & Text - $99/year prepaid

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 11:57 am
Nov 23, 2018
118 posts
76 upvotes
if I sign my kid do we qualify for that $25 referral? sorry too many pages to read
Dec 23, 2011
126 posts
21 upvotes
Barrie, On
Dunkster wrote: Probably an issue with iMessage. Does your daughter have iPhone also? Need to either turn on data on iPhone or turn off iMessage and just use SMS/MMS messaging.
Yes she has an IPhone. I just assume she is sending texts to both android and Apple phones via the same SMS/MMS messaging app.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1536 posts
1445 upvotes
maliken7576 wrote: if I sign my kid do we qualify for that $25 referral? sorry too many pages to read
You can self refer. However, not sure if this plan qualifies for referral program. $25 /month minimal plan.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5521 posts
5176 upvotes
Botopo wrote: Does anyone know if this plan would work on an iPhone XS?
Im currently with Petro-Canada Mobility and I recently logged in and got this message:
Thanks in advance.
That message is laughable, I think their software is glitching.

You iPhone will work perfectly fine without a 2G network, I'd ignore that message.
Jan 4, 2009
349 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
alfredkcp wrote: Too bad this plan is not applicable to existing lines.

Have anyone tried porting out an existing voice-only line from Freedom, to let's say Lucky, then port that number back to Freedom for this plan?
Thrasher wrote: What do you mean it is not applicable to existing line? Like switching from a different plan to this one? There have been reports of people doing so, for example someone switched from PYW2011 to this plan. Or do you mean adding a second line under the same name (that's what I'm trying to do)?
I got in touch with CSR back in April (via whatsapp), but was told this $99/year plan is eligible for new activation only :rolleyes:
Anyways I have just tried again via FM's website chat and this time I was able to switch the same voice-only line to prepaid $99/year. Sweet saving!
Sep 14, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
pjw918 wrote: Koodo Phone Hub compatibility
ZTE WF721 (older black unit) - limited to UMTS Band 2 (PCS 1900, per FCC) and would not work with Freedom.
Alcatel Link Hub HH41NH (current white unit) - does support Freedom's UMTS Band 4 (AWS 1700/2100) used for voice calls.

To work with a Freedom SIM for cellular voice calls a phone hub would need to support UMTS Band 4 (3G AWS 1700/2100).
The device would have to be SIM-unlocked.
The new ZTE 723 has UMTS band 4 that works, see https://oss.ztedevices.com/prod/ca/2020 ... 708232.pdf.

Just got one from kijiji (was from Fido, but koodo and virgin all use this new model). It works fine with my Shaw Mobile sim which is the same as Freedom.

Beware of the US models from ebay that may be locked or for CDMA.
Sep 7, 2016
13 posts
1 upvote
Does this plan support/include wifi calling? I have zero reception with all cellular providers in our new house.
Mar 14, 2014
498 posts
615 upvotes
lostandoutofcontrol wrote: Does this plan support/include wifi calling? I have zero reception with all cellular providers in our new house.
Yes, it does and it works like a charm. To be assured that Wifi-Calling will work, make sure your phone is on the compatibility list, otherwise you will/may not have the functionality.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3578 posts
1848 upvotes
Halifax
lostandoutofcontrol wrote: Does this plan support/include wifi calling? I have zero reception with all cellular providers in our new house.
I had to get Freedom Mobile to activate wifi calling though. But yeah, it works, and works well. If there is a carrier that needs wifi calling, it is Freedom!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3578 posts
1848 upvotes
Halifax
flyjazz wrote: Yes, it does and it works like a charm. To be assured that Wifi-Calling will work, make sure your phone is on the compatibility list, otherwise you will/may not have the functionality.
You need to make sure the carrier phone does not have wifi calling deactivated. I own a Telus branded Alcatel Go Flip 3 that is supposed to support wifi calling, but has been removed by Telus. The ZTE Cymbal 2 has wifi calling disabled also, the Freedom Mobile version works fine.
May 1, 2013
550 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Is the $99 yearly prepaid deal a limited time deal or ongoing?

it's gotta be the best prepaid plan out there
Aug 13, 2015
272 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TimTaylor wrote: About a month ago I got the sim mailed for free via live chat. Took about 3 requests tho because they kept disconnecting. Then to activate it I was told incorrectly 2 times that I had to go into the store. Got it all done via live chat- had to make a precise payment of plan plus tax to the new number and verified it was applied to the $99 plan while the chat agent was still there. Same service as Fido in terms of bars.
I just requested a SIM for free via Chat today.
How long did it take for the SIM to arrive to you? And where are you located?
(I'm in Vancouver, BC)

Thank you.
Oct 14, 2015
142 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
adaniel wrote: I just requested a SIM for free via Chat today.
(I'm in Vancouver, BC)

Thank you.
Can’t remember. Wasn’t long.
Sep 24, 2004
716 posts
311 upvotes
Scarborough
adaniel wrote: I just requested a SIM for free via Chat today.
(I'm in Vancouver, BC)

Thank you.
I ordered it over the weekend and got it either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)