Expired Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

(Expired)[25$+tax] Freedom mobile postpaid - 1000 Long distance calls, 3GB data , Unlimited Canada wide. YMMV!

[OP]
Apr 29, 2018
189 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote: Is this different from the $24/3gb plan listed HERE that says it was only offered until yesterday and was a 6 month only promo?
I believe so.. the base plan is 30$ post paid ..and not prepaid
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1330 posts
1215 upvotes
Montreal
raviji wrote: Common Freedom, make that 3GB data into 30GB and everyone will switch!!!
That's impossible, especially with Rogers' acquisition proposal
Dec 1, 2019
5 posts
5 upvotes
Went to Freedom in Etobicoke:

The plan they offered is $34 for 3 GB. No International minutes. 10$ discount for 6 months.
They said the plan described in this deal is not offered by any stores in the GTA. Anyone else have any luck at other stores?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1331 posts
832 upvotes
Waterloo
I was on the $19 1.5gb plan with Freedom and my promo discount just ended, so I moved over to Lucky Mobile for the short term (2nd month free promo) - would definitely move back for this deal if it's more widely available.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1644 posts
502 upvotes
Canada
migotist wrote: Freedom mobile postpaid - 1000 Long distance calls, 3GB data , Unlimited Canada wide talk and text . This was on 30$ pm plan but it has 5$ reduction if you use the autopay . Effectively reducing the price to 25$+tax a month. Since I am working from home, I rarely use 1GB of data. I switched from 34$+tax pm fido deal to this one (11GB , 1000 mins long distance etc...) .Bought from Mississauga (cellular point-Hurontario). This might not be a hot deal for someone craving lotsa data. But It is a great deal for me nevertheless.
did you get this in store or by calling in? which store
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
[OP]
Apr 29, 2018
189 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Attached the plan details if that helps someone
Images
  • 20210401_111556.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4693 posts
3635 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: did you get this in store or by calling in? which store
The answer to your question is in the quote you replied to.
Dec 1, 2019
5 posts
5 upvotes
Got this deal yesterday, after a lot of haggling at the store.

$25

500 MB plan data
500 MB bonus data (24 months)
2 GB Bonus data (no expiry)

Unlimited talk & text Canada wide

1000 long distance minutes
Nov 24, 2019
37 posts
17 upvotes
Spoke to a rep through chat and they were saying that the $25/ month w/ 3gb, unlimited call/text and 1000LD is offered at Walmart and superstore locations.

What there were able to offer online was $24/month with 3gb and unlimited call/text (regular $39 - with a $5 digital discount + $10/month discount for 6 months). So after 6 months it would go up to $34/month.

For those who got the $25 plan, did you have to sign a 2 year contract or can I bring my own device on a month-to-month basis?
[OP]
Apr 29, 2018
189 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
mcfroogal wrote: Spoke to a rep through chat and they were saying that the $25/ month w/ 3gb, unlimited call/text and 1000LD is offered at Walmart and superstore locations.

What there were able to offer online was $24/month with 3gb and unlimited call/text (regular $39 - with a $5 digital discount + $10/month discount for 6 months). So after 6 months it would go up to $34/month.

For those who got the $25 plan, did you have to sign a 2 year contract or can I bring my own device on a month-to-month basis?
No 2 yr contract signed
Mar 18, 2006
614 posts
61 upvotes
B511379B-00B1-4765-98F3-9B8C1DB5135B.png
FFF66D23-1B80-44F4-999F-B8D57FD6C9C8.png
9071A2EA-EE9C-4A83-A0AB-BDF46D383B38.png
9C26D646-B476-4156-9907-6C41E79299F6.png
00894CE6-560C-42C2-BFDB-EDD7AFAAB2CA.png
19C8F588-3898-4C61-A7C3-F7C620221318.png

I just interacted with the most ret@rded CS rep .... complete waste of life. Note, I have asked a total of 3 times + attached 1 photo to see if the plan was avail.
~=[,,_,,]:3
Jun 15, 2020
275 posts
339 upvotes
Ontario
PressureBoom wrote: I was on the $19 1.5gb plan with Freedom and my promo discount just ended, so I moved over to Lucky Mobile for the short term (2nd month free promo) - would definitely move back for this deal if it's more widely available.
How are you finding Lucky Mobile? My $19 is also going to end at some point and I will probably switch to Lucky.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4693 posts
3635 upvotes
MrBear2019 wrote: How are you finding Lucky Mobile? My $19 is also going to end at some point and I will probably switch to Lucky.
I just ported away from Lucky last month but was with them for about 13 months. Never any issues and I would definitely go back for the right deal.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10095 posts
4078 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
PressureBoom wrote: I was on the $19 1.5gb plan with Freedom and my promo discount just ended, so I moved over to Lucky Mobile for the short term (2nd month free promo) - would definitely move back for this deal if it's more widely available.
How can I find out when my $19 plan ending? See nothing on the app. Signed up in November, so been about 5 months now
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14250 posts
4291 upvotes
VANCOUVER
It's funny they are offering this plan, when their parent company just had the same plan, other than the LD minutes, for $10.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
10315 posts
11924 upvotes
Toronto
Rogido wrote: It's funny they are offering this plan, when their parent company just had the same plan, other than the LD minutes, for $10.
Shaw Mobile is not the parent company of Freedom Mobile Inc.

Shaw Communications Inc. is the parent company of Freedom Mobile Inc.

"Shaw Mobile is a brand operated by Freedom Mobile Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc."
https://assets.ctfassets.net/tzb4ihmtha ... 1_0720.pdf
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14250 posts
4291 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Dhanushan wrote: Shaw Mobile is not the parent company of Freedom Mobile Inc.

Shaw Communications Inc. is the parent company of Freedom Mobile Inc.

"Shaw Mobile is a brand operated by Freedom Mobile Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc."
https://assets.ctfassets.net/tzb4ihmtha ... 1_0720.pdf
lol...okie dokie.

It makes this offering even more ironic.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1331 posts
832 upvotes
Waterloo
Andro wrote: How can I find out when my $19 plan ending? See nothing on the app. Signed up in November, so been about 5 months now
When I signed up March 2020 the promo was good for a year, then the price moved up to $24/month instead of $19, so it's probably the same for you. You might be able to find out on your online account, or ask support by calling or live chatting with them to see if they can tell you.
MrBear2019 wrote: How are you finding Lucky Mobile? My $19 is also going to end at some point and I will probably switch to Lucky.
Lucky Mobile is... okay. I'd say Freedom Mobile is better overall and although it's only been about a week I'd actually prefer to switch back. Reasons being:

1) Data on Lucky Mobile isn't full LTE, but speed capped (as you probably know). I'm using an iPhone 11 - Lucky's speed is fine for most things but on some websites you'll definitely be waiting around for them to load.

2) No VoLTE or Wifi Calling. These are nice-to-haves during pandemic times, I guess, but these features work beautifully on Freedom Mobile (and Wifi calling works internationally with no extra fees) and I find myself missing them.

3) For some reason I can't receive short codes for two factor authentication from my banks, Uber, etc. Texting otherwise works fine with Lucky, but I'm having this issue now and I haven't had the chance to get in contact with their support team to figure it out. Super annoying and again, never had a problem with Freedom on this.

4) YMMV here, but personally where I am in Waterloo my signal with Freedom is much better around town than it is on the Bell/Telus network. I consistently got full bars LTE around town, no dropped calls or slow data. With Lucky, sitting at home right now I'm at 2/4 bars on my iPhone which... isn't great. This will probably differ based on your location and what phone you're using, but for me Freedom Mobile has definitely been better overall.

I switched to Lucky Mobile because they had the second month free promo and they have unlimited data after you hit your cap (Freedom's $19 plan turned it off when you hit 1.5 gigs), so for roughly the same price I figured I'd give it a shot. I also was interested in one of those Virgin Mobile migration offers, but after a few days of using the service on Bell's network I'm not impressed and am definitely aiming to switch back to Freedom at some point.
Dec 21, 2004
937 posts
212 upvotes
migotist wrote: Freedom mobile postpaid - 1000 Long distance calls, 3GB data , Unlimited Canada wide talk and text . This was on 30$ pm plan but it has 5$ reduction if you use the autopay . Effectively reducing the price to 25$+tax a month. Since I am working from home, I rarely use 1GB of data. I switched from 34$+tax pm fido deal to this one (11GB , 1000 mins long distance etc...) .Bought from Mississauga (cellular point-Hurontario). This might not be a hot deal for someone craving lotsa data. But It is a great deal for me nevertheless.
Is this only in-store only? I couldn't find it online... only the $24 for 3GB but that price jumps up to $34 after 6 months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)