Expired Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

Free Iphone 12, 64 GB, to Sign new 2 year contract (YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 4:47 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2013
28 posts
48 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Free Iphone 12, 64 GB, to Sign new 2 year contract (YMMV)

Hi all,

I was looking to port out of Freedom and I told a rep that yesterday via online chat. They decided to give me a $10/month x 3 month credit. I still owed 3x months (99.88$) on my previous tab and am paying 60$+tax currently after credits.

This morning I received a text :
====================
Freedom Mobile Exclusive Offer: Harold, Back to School never looked better with this special Absolute Zero offer.

We'll clear your remaining term so you can get a new iPhone 12 today for $0 upfront, $0 extra monthly, and $0 extra after two years. Enjoy your new phone, current plan and no changes to your monthly payments. Plus, we'll waive your $35 connection fee. Limited time offer! Visit your nearest store to upgrade today.

Savings will automatically be applied to your bill. Eligible on a new MyTab. Upgrading means some of your current monthly discounts will no longer be applied to your line. For more details chat with one of our store reps. Conditions apply. Taxes extra.
To stop receiving exclusive offers, click here:
============

So at the end of the day, I get a free new iphone 12, pay the same amount a month, wave the 99.88$ owing, and waive the 35$ activation/hardware upgrade fee

Freedom is not for everyone, but for me and maybe others it will work. I am in Vancouver and get good signal in the city.

Thank you and good luck,
51 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 2, 2017
106 posts
134 upvotes
What is your plan with freedom and how much do you pay for it?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
10297 posts
19056 upvotes
Montreal
yhandabura wrote: What is your plan with freedom and how much do you pay for it?
I think he wrote $60 plus tax in the OP?
Newbie
Aug 16, 2019
77 posts
40 upvotes
ehchinar wrote: This is my plan
So how much will you plan per month with the iPhone 12?
Member
Feb 18, 2015
372 posts
1678 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ehchinar wrote: Upgrading means some of your current monthly discounts will no longer be applied to your line.
I imagine I'd lose the Family and Friends discount, that sucks.
That is a very good deal though
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5273 posts
3735 upvotes
Vancouver
Marcos1310 wrote: I imagine I'd lose the Family and Friends discount, that sucks.
That is a very good deal though
Changing your plan and your FNF discount will convert from 25/35% off to $15 off (if the new plan is $60+).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ehchinar wrote: This is my plan
$80 monthly and iPhone 12?
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2013
28 posts
48 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Changing your plan and your FNF discount will convert from 25/35% off to $15 off (if the new plan is $60+).
I got my wife to renew her contract last week too, she was able to keep her FnF 35% discount, original plan, and added the iPhone 12 for a 25$ tab

There definitely is the possibility to keep your existing plan if you have that discount, BUT it might not be with the plan I have.

Good luck and all the best,
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5273 posts
3735 upvotes
Vancouver
ehchinar wrote: I got my wife to renew her contract last week too, she was able to keep her FnF 35% discount, original plan, and added the iPhone 12 for a 25$ tab

There definitely is the possibility to keep your existing plan if you have that discount, BUT it might not be with the plan I have.

Good luck and all the best,
Does your wife have a $50 or $60 plan? If its a $60+ plan, it should be a $20 tab not $25 tab (for $50 plans). Its possible the rep might have made a mistake if you have a $60+ plan (might be able to contact freedom customer service to switch it if your wife has a $60+ plan before discount).
Member
Sep 30, 2012
218 posts
27 upvotes
Vaughan
Our 2yr plan is ending this month with freedom
Currently pay $55 + taxes for the 20GB plan and had a free iPhone XR 64GB
Phoned and mentioned I was leaving

Connected me to loyalty (I told them I wanted iPhone 12 with 128GB - what can they offer)
Offered me
$60 for 20GB plan
iPhone 12 / 128GB for extra $23 per month
$10 discount for first year

So net is $73 month first year
And $83 month second year

Is this good or standard offer ?
Think I can get better or same from anyone else ?
Freedom coverage is so so
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Radioactivemann wrote: Our 2yr plan is ending this month with freedom
Currently pay $55 + taxes for the 20GB plan and had a free iPhone XR 64GB
Phoned and mentioned I was leaving

Connected me to loyalty (I told them I wanted iPhone 12 with 128GB - what can they offer)
Offered me
$60 for 20GB plan
iPhone 12 / 128GB for extra $23 per month
$10 discount for first year

So net is $73 month first year
And $83 month second year

Is this good or standard offer ?
Think I can get better or same from anyone else ?
Freedom coverage is so so
On freedom Mobile Facebook page they advertise the iPhone 12 for $50 plan and $20 tab..
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Newbie
Jan 14, 2013
28 posts
10 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Radioactivemann wrote: Our 2yr plan is ending this month with freedom
Currently pay $55 + taxes for the 20GB plan and had a free iPhone XR 64GB
Phoned and mentioned I was leaving

Connected me to loyalty (I told them I wanted iPhone 12 with 128GB - what can they offer)
Offered me
$60 for 20GB plan
iPhone 12 / 128GB for extra $23 per month
$10 discount for first year

So net is $73 month first year
And $83 month second year

Is this good or standard offer ?
Think I can get better or same from anyone else ?
Freedom coverage is so so
This is their standard offering for all customers PLUS a $120 rebate over 1 year. Good deal IMO considering $552 ($23*24 months) for an iPhone 12 is a great deal to begin with.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2016
623 posts
452 upvotes
Canada
took XS from them in 2018 and it drained my battery bcz of poor reception and phone battery health turned to 'service' in 1.5 years. never going back to Freedom. they may have improved their network coverage still one of the worst services ever in Canada
--------
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 10, 2019
143 posts
71 upvotes
Markham
d1ulove3 wrote: On freedom Mobile Facebook page they advertise the iPhone 12 for $50 plan and $20 tab..
Hi, do you have a link for this ad? I can't seem to find it.
Ask not the penguin how the falcon soars!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2774 posts
411 upvotes
Pretty good deal for the OP.

As for wiping off the tab, might have something to do with "only" 3 months remaining...
Member
Aug 4, 2010
230 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
I contacted loyalty this morning and offered $20 tab for iPhone 12 and $10 discount for 12 months. It seems like $0 extra monthly for iPhone 12 cannot be applied to my account.

I will wait another day to see if they send me the text with better offer. Thanks op.
Last edited by seanc85 on Aug 12th, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jul 11, 2016
44 posts
58 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks OP! I contacted them and they said this: I will offer $10 off for 12 months to use towards plan charges, with any new contract you get.

I am going to wait for Tomorrow for a text offer :)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)