Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Freedom $10 1GB add a line deal

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2020 9:33 am
Apr 1, 2007
531 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Does it matter if the first line is prepaid or postpaid?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
tor98 wrote: Does it matter if the first line is prepaid or postpaid?
Someone said must be at least $25/month for the first line, so pay as you go might not be eligible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
wow not bad, i might try this, can someone confirm if its LTE 1gb and free texting sms pics to usa as well? tia

tried calling 3 stores, they don't pickup lol...all voice mails tf
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
i got thru to one store, i think u need to add TWO lines, ymmv
called another store and i can confirm OP, u need a 25$ line + this new 10$ line but it can also be new activations too, u don't need existing customer

YMMV should be at all FM stores

can this 2nd line be under another name or it has to be your name...i'd rather have a primary account, then a 2nd dary account :D
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for posting OP
very hot and very interest in adding this for my teenager son.
going to stop by FM store after work.
Cheers,
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: i got thru to one store, i think u need to add TWO lines, ymmv
called another store and i can confirm OP, u need a 25$ line + this new 10$ line but it can also be new activations too, u don't need existing customer

YMMV should be at all FM stores

can this 2nd line be under another name or it has to be your name...i'd rather have a primary account, then a 2nd dary account :D
Just ask yourself if second line under another account/name makes sense
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4104 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
Johnnycc wrote: Not sure if this has been posted, apparently Freedom is doing a in store special, went in to pay a bill, got offer for adding one more line $10 for 1GB unlimited talk and text!!!
Can’t find this information online, might be a in store special.

Decent job on one of your first posts...
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
NavieM wrote: Just ask yourself if second line under another account/name makes sense
well i was thinkg bout 'reselling' that line but u gotta trust that person with your account lol, and vice versa

sort like they pay u 15$ a month, u get 5$ bucks profit a month or less on ur bill
Nov 22, 2019
49 posts
11 upvotes
I just signed 1 line, it a good deal unlimited Canada calling and global text plus 1GB(fast LTE)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Can you add a phone tab to this?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
Confirmed was able to get this, but has to be done in store and it's only for 1 line. Becomes a postpaid line at $10/month after the digital/billing discount.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: wow not bad, i might try this, can someone confirm if its LTE 1gb and free texting sms pics to usa as well? tia

tried calling 3 stores, they don't pickup lol...all voice mails tf
YES, its 4G LTE 1Gb and unlimited after 1gb at reduced speed
Correction- Just spoke to customer service, they confirmed that after 1gb LTE data gets over, we won't be able to get data at a throttled speed... that is only possible on Big Gig plans the rep mentioned :(
Last edited by Ridinginoffice7 on Feb 10th, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
I confirm this is legit... I just activated this line in store... $10/month Lifetime.. 1Gb LTE data, unlimited calling and global messaging, Voicemail+ and more - please check attached pic for plan details

(**Correction- Just spoke to customer service, they confirmed that after 1gb LTE data gets over, we won't be able to get more data at a reduced speed, that is only possible on
Big Gig plans ) but there Fair Usage Policy states if your plan is on nationwide network we are suppose to get Free unlimited data at reduced speeds, some information seem missing here.
Please read post no.38 ... looks like we can get the data over 1gb at reduced speeds
Fair Usage Policy Pdf
https://www.freedommobile.ca/docs/defau ... policy.pdf

if you cancel Primary line, this plan will automatically change to in market $40 plan (*$35 plan after digital discount)...

basically they are offering the $35 plan which is listed on their website for $10

New activations would need to activate two lines, with first line on a $25 or more plan to get this offer.

Phone Tab on contract: Its a BYOD plan, you cannot sign-up for a Phone on a tab

Tip: If you already have secondary lines with Freedom and want to get this cheap plan, port out your existing number to Lucky/Public mobile and port it back to Freedom on this plan

SUPER HOT DEAL !! Please give me a thumbs up Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 5.55.51 PM.png
Last edited by Ridinginoffice7 on Feb 10th, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: When does this offer end
Started on Feb 9th--- Limited time only, no end date is mentioned...if this becomes a Hot buy and they reach there targets, then they may end this soon.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
I have 6 postpaid lines and 1 data line, I can't add anymore ugh
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1834 posts
4035 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: if you cancel Primary line, this plan will automatically change to in market $40 plan (*$35 plan after digital discount)...
Tip: If you already have secondary lines with Freedom and want to get this cheap plan, port out your existing number to Lucky/Public mobile and port it back to Freedom on this plan
If you cancel any of the lines on the account going forward, or since the promo began (Feb 7), the account no longer qualifies for the Additional Line promo pricing.

--
It's available in store at all locations. If your store rep is unawares, the email went out Feb 7. Available 'for a limited time'.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1834 posts
4035 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Correction- Just spoke to customer service, they confirmed that after 1gb LTE data gets over, we won't be able to get data at a throttled speed... that is only possible on Big Gig plans the rep mentioned :(
Incorrect, that CSR was confused. It's solely the Prepaid Nationwide plans that don't have unlimited data.
Over 1GB on this plan will be throttled.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
Signed up today before the store closed, went super fast... only 1 deal per account
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1017 posts
786 upvotes
Canada
I have 3 $29 Back to School plans. Since Freedom is going to take away my $15 BTS savings. I am going to switch one of the 3 lines to this plan to compensate the lost of the BTS discount and upgrade my plan to Canada-wide talk.