Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Freedom $10 1GB add a line deal

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2020 9:33 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
Amowagou wrote: I have 3 $29 Back to School plans. Since Freedom is going to take away my $15 BTS savings. I am going to switch one of the 3 lines to this plan to compensate the lost of the BTS discount and upgrade my plan to Canada-wide talk.
Hmmm... Who said that? And why would they take it away???

It would be the first time for Freedom to back up from grandfathered stuff...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Did anyone confirm in Ontario yet?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1157 posts
824 upvotes
Scarborough
sassysue wrote: Did anyone confirm in Ontario yet?
See post #39 above. The RFD'er is from East York (at least as per their location), so seems like possible in ON.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2613 posts
779 upvotes
max011 wrote: Hmmm... Who said that? And why would they take it away???

It would be the first time for Freedom to back up from grandfathered stuff...
They will no longer offer the BTS promo starting march 1. it sucks
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to remove a number to be on a separate Freedom account? I've already got 4 lines on the same account. I want to bring both my mom and dad on this... they don't even need or use data, but you can't find a cheaper cell phone line, honestly $10 a month is smoking! only 1 deal per account tho...
sassysue wrote: Did anyone confirm in Ontario yet?
Yeah, did it at the Toronto (Pape) location EZ.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
mikka2017 wrote: well i was thinkg bout 'reselling' that line but u gotta trust that person with your account lol, and vice versa

sort like they pay u 15$ a month, u get 5$ bucks profit a month or less on ur bill
Wtf..

Are you that desperate for $5 a month you'd risk your credit score and so forth?!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
ManCaveGamer wrote: Is it possible to remove a number to be on a separate Freedom account? I've already got 4 lines on the same account. I want to bring both my mom and dad on this... they don't even need or use data, but you can't find a cheaper cell phone line, honestly $10 a month is smoking! only 1 deal per account tho...

Yeah, did it at the Toronto (Pape) location EZ.
Interested in knowing the answer as well?

Without the BTS discount, there is really no point in keeping the lines under one account anymore?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
greg123 wrote: Interested in knowing the answer as well?

Without the BTS discount, there is really no point in keeping the lines under one account anymore?
Port-out your existing number to prepaid with Bell/LUCKY/Public mobile etc...and signup with Freedom on this plan and port back
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
sidshock wrote: Wtf..

Are you that desperate for $5 a month you'd risk your credit score and so forth?!
Hey, it's mikka2017... Face With Tears Of Joy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
Is there a plan name? should the rep automatically see the option when they pull up our account?

It is basically a $4 cheaper than their prepaid plan?

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/prepaid-plans

"For a limited time, get 1.5GB of Freedom Nationwide Fast LTE Data with unlimited Canada-wide calling and global text for only $19/mo. for 12 months,16 with our Digital Discount.3 As an added bonus, we’ll give you $19 in bonus savings in your second month! 20 Offer available in-store only. Some conditions apply."

correct?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
Stunt_101 wrote: They will no longer offer the BTS promo starting march 1. it sucks
"No longer offer" =/= taking away grandfathered stuff...
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
greg123 wrote: Is there a plan name? should the rep automatically see the option when they pull up our account?

It is basically a $4 cheaper than their prepaid plan?

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/prepaid-plans

"For a limited time, get 1.5GB of Freedom Nationwide Fast LTE Data with unlimited Canada-wide calling and global text for only $19/mo. for 12 months,16 with our Digital Discount.3 As an added bonus, we’ll give you $19 in bonus savings in your second month! 20 Offer available in-store only. Some conditions apply."

correct?
But this is $10/month lifetime....no expiry on promo....as long as you maintain auto-pay and primary (at least 1 line of $25+)
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
max011 wrote: "No longer offer" =/= taking away grandfathered stuff...
BTS isn't getting grandfathered
It will be removed from all accounts
Jun 18, 2017
999 posts
838 upvotes
Yep it will be in the my accounts. BTS ends beginning of March. So I was looking at cancelling one of the lines my parents use as a landline as it was cheaper than Shaw or Telus landline with BTS in both lines. With that gone Shaw is cheaper now. So gonna hit up loyalty and see if they will convert this line to this $10 plan or else it gets cancelled.
Jun 18, 2017
999 posts
838 upvotes
If I port out one of my lines to say Koodo, how long till I can port back in? Like will freedom keep tabs on a number for say x number of days to be considered new?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2624 posts
2120 upvotes
Toronto
It actually does in this case. No longer offer after January and taking away grandfathered BTS from March.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
Homer001 wrote: If I port out one of my lines to say Koodo, how long till I can port back in? Like will freedom keep tabs on a number for say x number of days to be considered new?
You can do it same day, just make sure you create an Account by registering your number/email on other carrier's website.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
sidshock wrote: Wtf..

Ya bad idea I'll prolly just keep this plan as a backup.. Heck I rarely use phone calls or text that much on my regular 50 every where promo Canada plan... Might give the plan to my mom but she calls alot so I need good reception for calls... Maybe if I enable wifi callling
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 12, 2012
154 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
So I've got 2 lines right now on my Freedom account, a primary and the other one for my parents. Does anyone know if I can switch my parents' number to this deal, without having to port out and back in?