Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Home Internet $55 - CALGARY ONLY

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2020 4:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2012
3236 posts
1923 upvotes
Kitchener

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Home Internet $55 - CALGARY ONLY

Not really sure how 'hot' this deal is, but it is of some interest to those that are with Freedom Mobile.

It's basically 150Mpbs download speeds, unlimited usage, for $55/month, which seems like a very good price to me. Only available in Calgary at the moment, and it's in testing.

This is the only information that Freedom has up currently:

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/home ... et-support

Hopefully they can expand their footprint with the same pricing across Canada, at least were they have a presence.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
33 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2711 posts
1924 upvotes
Kitchener
Hope they bring Home Internet to Ontario soon!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Newbie
Jul 12, 2008
98 posts
168 upvotes
Calgary
jeff1970 wrote:
Hopefully they can expand their footprint with the same pricing across Canada, at least were they have a presence.
If they do expand, it'll most likely be limited to Shaw's service territory. I do find it interesting Shaw is looking at selling their cable broadband under the Freedom Mobile banner. Strange world we live in.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2005
5685 posts
711 upvotes
sophal wrote: If they do expand, it'll most likely be limited to Shaw's service territory. I do find it interesting Shaw is looking at selling their cable broadband under the Freedom Mobile banner. Strange world we live in.
Sure is strange world, but Bell pioneered this whole bundling thing - Home phone, cell, TV internet all for one "LOW" price.

Then comes Rogers....
Last edited by tomtomtom on Oct 18th, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2005
695 posts
121 upvotes
GTA
sophal wrote: If they do expand, it'll most likely be limited to Shaw's service territory. I do find it interesting Shaw is looking at selling their cable broadband under the Freedom Mobile banner. Strange world we live in.
Isn't this exactly the same as Virgin (Bell) and Fido (Rogers) home internet sold in Ontario?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2007
1256 posts
201 upvotes
Calgary
I wonder what would happen if I called Shaw and asked for a price match...?
Member
Nov 21, 2010
423 posts
235 upvotes
Surrey
Call and ask them to do better. If they can sell externally for $55 and still make a profit internally then they can definitely sell you for lower than that.
Newbie
Apr 11, 2019
89 posts
84 upvotes
Calgary
only for existing Freedom postpaid cellphone users
Newbie
Jul 12, 2008
98 posts
168 upvotes
Calgary
VTECMAN wrote: Isn't this exactly the same as Virgin (Bell) and Fido (Rogers) home internet sold in Ontario?
Not as far as I know/understand it. I can't speak for bell but the Fido internet is a wireless hot spot fixed to a certain location/tower where as Freedom's internet is connected to a coax cable.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7453 posts
4934 upvotes
Canada
Does this work off Freedom towers? Or are they reselling Shaw cable?
Newbie
Jul 12, 2008
98 posts
168 upvotes
Calgary
RFDQ1016 wrote: Does this work off Freedom towers? Or are they reselling Shaw cable?
Reselling Shaw. It's Shaw's 'Advanced' Coax modem/WiFi router.
Member
Jun 11, 2014
259 posts
167 upvotes
Madden, AB
I have internet 300 from Shaw for even less on a 2 year contract. Wait for Shaw promos.
Its the same damn internet from the same company.
Member
User avatar
Aug 21, 2016
279 posts
436 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I am using 300/20 from cannet (cancom had the same deal) for $47 all-in. I am guessing freedom will be using shaw's infrastructure too, so how is this a better deal?
RFD Effect Is Real
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 10, 2010
7014 posts
2666 upvotes
Calgary
KenyanRunna wrote: I have internet 300 from Shaw for even less on a 2 year contract. Wait for Shaw promos.
Its the same damn internet from the same company.
We too have Shaw 300 unlimited data and we're paying about $90 a month (promotion rate will be good until Jan 2020). I consider trying something else because our wifi connection has been spotty since the upgrade. I used to run my laptop in my bedroom without problems but now the connection keeps disconnecting every five minutes or so. We are using the highest tier modem from Shaw. Not sure exactly what's going on.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5631 posts
4283 upvotes
whizzzkid wrote: I am using 300/20 from cannet (cancom had the same deal) for $47 all-in. I am guessing freedom will be using shaw's infrastructure too, so how is this a better deal?
It's not as i got promo deal from Shaw for 600/20 for $60/month. 1/4 of the speed for $55 and on Freedom cell towers with higher latency and 500GB data cap definitely not a good deal.

This kind of speed is worth $30/mth at best. And if they want us in Calgary to be guinea pigs to test out their network, it should be free for the 1st year.

EDIT: I wonder what would happen if I take that sim out and put it on a mobile hotspot. $55 for 500GB is pretty cheap in comparison. :D

Top