[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Iphone 12/12 Pro Preorders, $0 Upfront

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 2:18 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
802 posts
969 upvotes
Mississauga
VanillaDonut wrote: Also, Canada doesn't even get the mmWave 5G antenna that the US only have. We only get an n78 5G band (TD 3500) antenna. So not only are we paying $100 more above the exchange rate, but we are also getting less. Keep in mind people who get an iPhone keep it for a long time.
There used to be the option of getting it from the US, but Covid has changed that. Not unless you know a truck driver currently crossing the border regularly.
Mar 1, 2020
59 posts
17 upvotes
Québec
I don't know but I called Bell and I was offered a 50$ plan for 15 G, and a tab of 46.66$ per month with 0 down. So total would be 1120$ for the phone instead of 1440 which is their retail price (40$ higher than apple) saving 320$. I would rather be with bell than with some other provider like Fizz or freedom as you would get 5G faster and well better coverage
Last edited by Nokster on Oct 16th, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
802 posts
969 upvotes
Mississauga
Migaloo wrote: Possibly after a few months or even earlier.

I really like to move to the other carries but still stuck with 12 months left with iPhone 11 Pro Max.
That's the danger with the 2 year term. If you have a less than stellar experience, you're stuck with the tab.
Having said that, there are lots of folks using Freedom with nothing to complain about, and for them, this is a deal worth looking at.

What I don't get is why they do not offer any trade-in discounts for pre-order. That should have helped improve the deal a lot more, IMO
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
802 posts
969 upvotes
Mississauga
Nokster wrote: I don't know but I called Bell and I was offered a 50$ plan for 15 G, and a tab of 46.66$ per month with 0 down. So total would be 1120$ for the phone instead of 1440 which is their retail price (40$ higher than apple) saving 320$. I would rather be with bell than with some other provider like Fizz or freedom as you would get 5G faster and well better coverage
Dude, that's one heck of a deal. Usually the Big 3 do not budge during pre-orders.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
802 posts
969 upvotes
Mississauga
nayhat wrote: Wait for Boxing day...
Nah man! That's almost 1/5 of the lifespan of the phone gone. Some folks want to get in early and get out early, that's why we pre-order.
Jul 13, 2017
27 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
sorrowt wrote: Depending on the state taxes could be lower as well, like 5% instead of 13%. That saves another ~$100
+1. Americans in states with high sales tax (ie California) think they have it bad. But they still don’t come close to touching our prestigious 13% sales tax.

It’s also unfortunate that we don’t have an iPhone upgrade program in Canada and/or financing options directly from Apple.

Btw: there is a website that tracks the most expensive and least expensive countries to buy Apple products:
https://themacindex.com/
Feb 8, 2017
305 posts
206 upvotes
VictoryBoyxx wrote: Good luck :-)

After 2 years you WILL definitely move to another provider
I am with Freedom for 6 years now with no issues. I get service often when others don't. Free US data and roaming can't be beat. 8 GB plan with FF discount = 44$ a month with tax.

Only issue I have is sometimes moving from zones, but a quick cycle of airplane mode fixes it.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18295 posts
2150 upvotes
Woodbridge
VictoryBoyxx wrote: Good luck :-)

After 2 years you WILL definitely move to another provider
A few years ago, I didn't even last 24 hours. IMO those days are OVER!

Love my Freedom!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 20, 2019
242 posts
491 upvotes
Lol...All this complaining about apple's pricing,yet people are still going to fork out the money to buy one; speak with your action/wallet.
Jul 20, 2011
204 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Nokster wrote: I don't know but I called Bell and I was offered a 50$ plan for 15 G, and a tab of 46.66$ per month with 0 down. So total would be 1120$ for the phone instead of 1440 which is their retail price (40$ higher than apple) saving 320$. I would rather be with bell than with some other provider like Fizz or freedom as you would get 5G faster and well better coverage
Which province?
Jun 11, 2014
95 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary
oceans_end wrote: Maybe I’m not seeing it, what’s the tab savings for a $50/month plan? No way I’m giving up my everywhere 50.
I've got the Promo Big Gig Everywhere Canada 50, but it looks like they bumped the minimum to a $55/month to get in on this.

edit. nm, I see the option to upgrade on my $50/month plan
Nov 29, 2016
60 posts
31 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Nah man! That's almost 1/5 of the lifespan of the phone gone. Some folks want to get in early and get out early, that's why we pre-order.
I got 11 pro for $75/month $0 upfront last year on Boxing day with FnF code(20gb unlimited plan). They didn't offer that on the launch.
Nov 26, 2014
50 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lancedragons wrote: I've got the Promo Big Gig Everywhere Canada 50, but it looks like they bumped the minimum to a $55/month to get in on this.

edit. nm, I see the option to upgrade on my $50/month plan
Looks like a good deal!