Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Iphone 12/12 Pro Preorders, $0 Upfront

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 2:18 pm
Sep 2, 2018
108 posts
90 upvotes
Nokster wrote: I don't know but I called Bell and I was offered a 50$ plan for 15 G, and a tab of 46.66$ per month with 0 down. So total would be 1120$ for the phone instead of 1440 which is their retail price (40$ higher than apple) saving 320$. I would rather be with bell than with some other provider like Fizz or freedom as you would get 5G faster and well better coverage
Are you with Bell or is it some migration plan that Bell is offering for Freedom customer. I dont see it advertised anywhere.
Oct 1, 2012
49 posts
14 upvotes
GVR
Just wait until B Day for some additional savings (e.g. gift card, $10 off per month for 6 or 12 months)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5927 posts
531 upvotes
Kanata
Where is the iphone 12 mini and iphone 12 pro Max? Anyway, not sure how much better black Friday and Box day will offer?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1652 posts
740 upvotes
rivet wrote: Where is the iphone 12 mini and iphone 12 pro Max? Anyway, not sure how much better black Friday and Box day will offer?
They are in November
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1901 posts
544 upvotes
Scarborough
Matrix07 wrote: Its Apple, and they price like that. They should learn from Microsoft which priced their xboxes cheaper even after conversion.
Or Sony with PS5. Ironically Microsoft and Sony are probably breaking even or even losing money on the USD price.
Koodo
Tangerine
Simplii
Mar 1, 2020
59 posts
17 upvotes
Québec
Matrix07 wrote: Are you with Bell or is it some migration plan that Bell is offering for Freedom customer. I dont see it advertised anywhere.
No I'm not currently with Bell. I have Bell internet and TV though which I think might give me the cheaper plan however.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6148 posts
2072 upvotes
If you just got a new line with a phone, is it worth it to get a new phone again?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1402 posts
547 upvotes
VictoryBoyxx wrote: Good luck :-)

After 2 years you WILL definitely move to another provider
Been with them since 2012.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8345 posts
1237 upvotes
Vancouver
Free 5G phone on a horrible network That doesn’t have 5G and on an Indirect contract for 2 years

You better enjoy the camera.

Why buy a 5G phone on a secondary (or in freedom winds junk network) network That has every reason not to offer you 5G or upcharge you
Last edited by GangStarr on Oct 17th, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autocorrect sucks
Dec 25, 2013
300 posts
224 upvotes
Brampton

This is such BS. This isn't the same as WIND days anymore. I've had absolutely no problem with Freedom service - This is coming from someone who lives in Brampton and works in Downtown and is occasionally travelling across Ontario for clients.
Sep 11, 2020
37 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal,QC
GangStarr wrote: Free 5G phone on a horrible network That doesn’t have 5G and on an Indirect contract for 2 years

You better enjoy the camera.

Why buy a 5G phone on a secondary (or in freedom winds ubrankes network) network That has every reason not to offer you 5G or upcharge you
Thats a good point , + these networks don't support Apple watch Cellular so If you ever plan to get one down the road , well stick to the regular version.

I got an apple watch last year cellular model and I was gutted because my current carrier (Fido) , do not support it , and couldn't get out because of phone tab . Luckily my 2 year tab ends

next month , right on time for Black Friday and 12 pro max release
Mar 9, 2009
258 posts
82 upvotes
HotDealFreak wrote: Thats a good point , + these networks don't support Apple watch Cellular so If you ever plan to get one down the road , well stick to the regular version.

I got an apple watch last year cellular model and I was gutted because my current carrier (Fido) , do not support it , and couldn't get out because of phone tab . Luckily my 2 year tab ends

next month , right on time for Black Friday and 12 pro max release
FYI, Freedom supports Apple Watch Cellular.
Sep 11, 2020
37 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal,QC
milomilemila wrote: FYI, Freedom supports Apple Watch Cellular.
My bad I thought it was reserved to Bell Rogers and Telus
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3570 posts
2156 upvotes
Vancouver

If you live in Vancouver, it’s not very likely. Maybe some specific buildings might have issues but unlike wind I really haven’t had any connection issues in Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, or west/North Vancouver (tho relative close to Vancouver). Unlike wind, the connection in Vancouver is actually very solid and you could also use Shaw wifi (included) if you want/run low on data.

Of course the question really is how Shaw 5g will compare to other networks and we really won’t know that for a while.