Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12079 posts
3253 upvotes
Scarberia
1)does it have wireless charging?
2)dual sims?
3)microSD slot?

apple is like 2 years behind android tech....they finally have widgets now but its so lame on ios14 lol
yes most devices are buttery smooth..even the iphone 8plus is still 'fast' no lag
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 30, 2019
175 posts
198 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: 1)does it have wireless charging?
2)dual sims?
3)microSD slot?

apple is like 2 years behind android tech....they finally have widgets now but its so lame on ios14 lol
yes most devices are buttery smooth..even the iphone 8plus is still 'fast' no lag
1) yes, iPhones have supported wireless charging since 2017
2) sort of. They have e sim support
3) no, never been a feature in iPhones and never will be

Depends what tech you talk about. Nothing on Android comes close to Face ID, Project Soli was the closest but Google abandoned after less than one year. No other phone comes close to iPhones for video camera function, and with dolby vision its only widening the gap. And if processing power is important for you, nothing comes close to Apple silicon. Tech is contextual I suppose.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12079 posts
3253 upvotes
Scarberia
i read new pro Max has the best 60fps HDR dolby vision video ! but its not pro motion aka 120hz refresh smh! still way behind android! the worse part of iphones is can't create custom home screens/widgets/icons,sideload apps, transfer files easy from pc to phone...its too locked down and not customizable

peeps paying 1500$ to use the same 3 apps everyday lol
camera,imessage,facetime
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2265 posts
1066 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Freedom Mobile is trash.

Been 2 weeks and they still can't port my number over.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Dec 19, 2006
621 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
Gangsta101 wrote: Electric Light Bulb

EU Regulators partly to blame for this. They were the ones trying to mandate a single charging standard for all devices. Now Apple has stuck it to us saying ... go find your own charger!
It's weird though, opening a new phone and looking for a compatible charger. Plus what happens if we get a bad charger that causes issues on our premium phone?
Freaking Apple.
You're not gonna get a charger that "causes issues" with your phone. You might get one that doesn't charge any faster than the old stock iphone charger, but nothing that'll fry your phone or destroy your battery - that kind of nonsense.
Feb 16, 2007
344 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
leishmann wrote: The difference is super noticeable for me and most people. Watching HDR content is going to be miles better. Don’t get me wrong, the iPhone 11 LCD is one of the best LCD screens in a phone but when I see an OLED iPhone screen I instantly notice the difference. The extra durability is intriguing too but we don’t know if it’s really all that different. Apple says 4x tougher screens but that could be marketing bullshit.
I'd have to agree with this. I don't really have an eye for that kind of thing but I was from a Samsung s9+ to an iPhone 11 and my eyes could tell the difference right away. It was a bit of a letdown actually. I like my 11 but I'm not gonna lie, I've been thinking about getting a 12 for that reason.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3670 posts
970 upvotes
Calgary
I think there must be something wrong with my eyes LOL. I can barely see a difference with my iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Max screen. There are times I even prefer the 11 screen LOL
Jun 2, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
I don’t know whats the scenario now. When iphone xs got launched. I was with freedom in Ontario. Got a good deal, anyways, my 2 cents is if you are ordering from store, talk to the store guy and they always have some coupons which they can apply on your monthly plan. Like i got 25% discount on my monthly plan. And few of my friends got 25-35%.

Sadly, i had to move to NB and we don’t have Freedom here. When i called them after one year that i am moving to another province and want to discontinue with Freedom, they were ready to give me 10$ more discount on my monthly. I had to pay the remaining tab balance plus taxes.

So, don’t hesitate in asking for some promo on the monthly plan. Hope this might help someone.
Jan 26, 2012
97 posts
74 upvotes
NORTH YORK
TuringM73725 wrote: I don’t know whats the scenario now. When iphone xs got launched. I was with freedom in Ontario. Got a good deal, anyways, my 2 cents is if you are ordering from store, talk to the store guy and they always have some coupons which they can apply on your monthly plan. Like i got 25% discount on my monthly plan. And few of my friends got 25-35%.

Sadly, i had to move to NB and we don’t have Freedom here. When i called them after one year that i am moving to another province and want to discontinue with Freedom, they were ready to give me 10$ more discount on my monthly. I had to pay the remaining tab balance plus taxes.

How would I go about geting coupons? I would love to get this deal if I could snag a 25% off discount
So, don’t hesitate in asking for some promo on the monthly plan. Hope this might help someone.
Jun 2, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
I will suggest to call different Feeedom stores and ask whats what will be final plan cost and if they can offer some discount or not. If you get lucky some store might have a coupon.
Mar 7, 2011
2 posts
Canada
Has anyone bought a iPhone from Freedom mobile and used it on the Rogers network as the iphones are unlocked?
If you buy on 2 year tab and save $330 it may be worth it
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3570 posts
2156 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka2017 wrote: 1)does it have wireless charging?
2)dual sims?
3)microSD slot?

You do realize for performance users, apple actually has had the faster cpu for years and still do. That means if you are playing games (for example), you will have a slight competitive advantage due to loading slightly faster (for time events) or render better during high intensity frames.

Of course CPU isn’t an issue for more casual users and there are other things to consider but I wouldn’t say apple is behind Android by 2 years. Some features you will find on android first but that’s mostly because there are literally so many more options on android that every companies tries to find something unique so their device stands out.

To answer your question...

iPhone had dual sim last year already so yes iPhone 12 has dual sim.

Press release states it supports 15W wireless charging but I never looked into the details.

And no it will not have a microSD slot. Apple has being against that for years since they want you to buy the more expensive (higher margins) models if you need more storage. It’s part of the “apple tax”. Basically unless apple advertise a device has microsd, just assume it doesn’t.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3141 posts
743 upvotes
Calgary
oceans_end wrote: Maybe I’m not seeing it, what’s the tab savings for a $50/month plan? No way I’m giving up my everywhere 50.
For us it looks like the best deal is the A71 for $5/month or the iPhone SE for $5/month.

Still pretty good if you are on F&F and getting the plan for $32.50/month.

Also neat that you can activate these iPhone 12s with eSIMs.I don't remember seeing that before. I wish the plan requirement for these phones was $50+ instead of $55+ LOL.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2307 posts
1309 upvotes
dlaithom wrote: Has anyone bought a iPhone from Freedom mobile and used it on the Rogers network as the iphones are unlocked?
If you buy on 2 year tab and save $330 it may be worth it
It doesn’t work that way. You’ll end up paying the device savings if you cancel early.

There’s always people thinking they found a loophole in these threads. The last Freedom iPhone 11 thread, someone actually thought you can sign up and immediately cancel and get a free iPhone 11 because it was $0 down. Face With Rolling Eyes
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
802 posts
969 upvotes
Mississauga
Paigne wrote:
Of course CPU isn’t an issue for more casual users and there are other things to consider but I wouldn’t say apple is behind Android by 2 years. Some features you will find on android first but that’s mostly because there are literally so many more options on android that every companies tries to find something unique so their device stands out.
It's weird how some people actually believe iphones are behind android. Yes some features are lacking on IOS, while others are so well optimized on IOS, they make android phones look like a joke.
An example would be photography. I thought my S10+'s default camera was great until I had a friend take a photo of me and my 8 month old on his 11 pro, indoors, with rubbish light.
It was practically point & shoot, yet it was really clear with no motion blur from the fussy child. Impossible to achieve with the S10+ (which needs a longer exposure with poor light, resulting in blurry images of my kids), and even though the Google Camera app matches some of that speed, it still lacks a little something.
Reminds me of a story I read online once, about how officials of a Chinese Cellphone manufacturing company just finished launching a new product, and were going to take a group photo, and someone tried to use the product they just launched (with the high megapixel count), and one of the company's bosses said no, someone should get an iphone as they wanted to ensure they got a great image of that important moment.
While that might have just been an anecdote, i have come to the same conclusion that the precious moments of my kids' childhood are too important to trust to anything but a first class camera.