[Freedom Mobile] Freedom mobile $19/month, 1.5gb data HOT

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2020 7:53 pm
[OP]
Sep 2, 2018
3 posts
74 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom mobile $19/month, 1.5gb data HOT

Freedom mobile regularly has their 1.5gb data,unlimited calling/texting plan for $29/month. If you apply digital discount, it comes down to $24/month.(digital discount is basically giving them your cc info for pre-authorized payments)
This plan is normally a hot deal but Freedom currently has a promotion where you get this plan for $19 month with digital discount applied. Only for new lines activated and for first 12 months.

P.S. First post so please don't be harsh :)
303 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2136 posts
1154 upvotes
GTA
After the first 12 months, is the monthly fee $29 or $24 with the digital discount?
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12033 posts
1867 upvotes
MueedA33822 wrote: Freedom mobile regularly has their 1.5gb data,unlimited calling/texting plan for $29/month. If you apply digital discount, it comes down to $24/month.(digital discount is basically giving them your cc info for pre-authorized payments)
This plan is normally a hot deal but Freedom currently has a promotion where you get this plan for $19 month with digital discount applied. Only for new lines activated and for first 12 months.

P.S. First post so please don't be harsh :)
wait? 24 for 1.5gb is hot with no reception from freedom is hot??? id rather auto pay $23 with public mobile 1gb and get reception
Last edited by qaz393 on Dec 15th, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16957 posts
6123 upvotes
Bear in mind Freedom often does not receive incoming calls. This is why i had to drop them after years of trying to fix it while they claim they have never heard of the issue.
When i did finally switch the rep told me this is common for Freedom, they get many people switching for this exact reason.
So i would only use their service if your area does not have this problem and you never leave your local tower (it seems to be tower, distance and number of customers per tower related). And if it starts happening be ready to leave unless randomly not receiving calls does not matter to you and your tab is paid off.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2408 posts
2290 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Quentin5 wrote: Bear in mind Freedom often does not receive incoming calls. This is why i had to drop them after years of trying to fix it while they claim they have never heard of the issue.
When i did finally switch the rep told me this is common for Freedom, they get many people switching for this exact reason.
So i would only use their service if your area does not have this problem and you never leave your local tower (it seems to be tower, distance and number of customers per tower related). And if it starts happening be ready to leave unless randomly not receiving calls does not matter to you and your tab is paid off.
GF is with Freedom and never heard of this issue (even on RFD where people love to hate on them). Reception inside buildings suck, but never had an issue receiving calls/text/data when there is signal.

Not sure that i'd consider this plan hot though.
Nov 1, 2019
1 posts
46 upvotes
I don't know why everyone hates on freedom. I've been with them going back to when they were Wind. I've had no issues with them. Compared to the big 3 the price is amazing. Do your research before talking nonsense about reception, especially if your not even a customer.
Jul 28, 2007
680 posts
1054 upvotes
Calgary
Ecsta wrote: GF is with Freedom and never heard of this issue (even on RFD where people love to hate on them). Reception inside buildings suck, but never had an issue receiving calls/text/data when there is signal.

My dad had a bad fall and three of his calls never reached me in Calgary. Freedom is a nightmare for reception. As soon as my tab is clear I will be switching out.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16957 posts
6123 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: GF is with Freedom and never heard of this issue (even on RFD where people love to hate on them). Reception inside buildings suck, but never had an issue receiving calls/text/data when there is signal.

Its also location specific, my home is covered by a tower with more then average numbers of customers. Since i went to a nearby Walmart to switch they likely have had many customers on the same tower as myself. I recall seeing many RFD members in the center of the universe complain about the same problem over the years but until i experienced it myself i assumed it was just a heavy usage parts of TO problem.
I have found in some places i had no problems either, when i was out of town for a few days in the summer my reception was great.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8825 posts
1892 upvotes
London
Quentin5 wrote: Bear in mind Freedom often does not receive incoming calls. This is why i had to drop them after years of trying to fix it while they claim they have never heard of the issue.
Switched wife's account from Freedom to PM for the exact reason, I have to turn off LTE of her phone in order for calls not going to voice mail.
Jul 7, 2018
35 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
Agreed with others; GF can't get reception in the Costco at downtown Vancouver or on Grouse Mountain / Grouse grind compared to my Roger's plan + older phone.

Although she pays 2/3 the price for double the data, the reliability factor is important to me.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1846 posts
1298 upvotes
I don’t use Freedom but just wanted to point out that you can use all of your allowance on nationwide, which is a domestic roaming partner (most likely Big 3).
Last edited by IEpicDestroyer on Dec 17th, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16957 posts
6123 upvotes
AmericoI52742 wrote: I don't know why everyone hates on freedom. I've been with them going back to when they were Wind. I've had no issues with them. Compared to the big 3 the price is amazing. Do your research before talking nonsense about reception, especially if your not even a customer.
I did my "research" by being their customer for years and living in 3 cities with the same plan.
I would still be their customer if they acknowledged and fixed their known issues instead of pretending they don't exist "losing" my repeated service tickets and arguing they fixed the problem they claimed did not exist over and over.

apvm wrote: Switched wife's account from Freedom to PM for the exact reason, I have to turn off LTE of her phone in order for calls not going to voice mail.
I also went to PM. A bit more per month but the voicemail is included and i get my calls now.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
48707 posts
5570 upvotes
Toronto
Signed up with Freedom and couldn't last more than a couple of months before switching to another provider (albeit better deal). They have LTE towers right by their stores so when you try their service at the store then you'll get the best signal. Not even a 5 minute drive home and was getting 10% of what i was getting at the store in terms of data mbps speeds.

There was a $50 deposit when signing up due to having no credit history at my new address or something.. Not sure if i'm going to get that back in the mail or not?

Was a no brainer going from Freedom $60 - 15GB -> Rogers $60 - 15GB (now 20GB with the 5GB 2 yr promo).
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16957 posts
6123 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: My dad had a bad fall and three of his calls never reached me in Calgary. Freedom is a nightmare for reception. As soon as my tab is clear I will be switching out.
Egads. So sorry to hear about this Disappointed But Relieved Face
I hope he was okay.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12145 posts
3283 upvotes
Scarberia
after they throttle u, u can still surf rfd app! man i need more then 13gb, one hr of IPTV streaming takes 1gb i think, i need like 30gb!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)