Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile - Add a line $10/month discount for 15 months YMMV combine with $45/month $0 Iphone SE

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2020 3:29 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 13, 2013
20 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile - Add a line $10/month discount for 15 months YMMV combine with $45/month $0 Iphone SE

Received this offer today via EMAIL (YMMV).
And live chat with Freedom agent and they confirmed this stacks on top of the current switch to freedom deals as long as plan is over $40+.

So I'm currently considering adding a line;
$45/month for 14gb/month and $0 IPHONE SE
$-10 month for 15 months

Total payment over 24 months = $930+tax
IPhone SE = $600 value
Essentially Paying only $330 for 24 months of service ($13.75/month?)

Please comment if there's any better offers available... But this sounds pretty sweet!
Freedom.JPG
14 replies
Member
Mar 9, 2009
274 posts
99 upvotes
I received this on both text and email as well but not sure how it can be applied since there is no code provided. Do you know if it will automatically apply? Because it will be great if we can get the $10 off. Im looking to get the iphone 11 deal. Thank you.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 13, 2013
20 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond
milomilemila wrote: I received this on both text and email as well but not sure how it can be applied since there is no code provided. Do you know if it will automatically apply? Because it will be great if we can get the $10 off. Im looking to get the iphone 11 deal. Thank you.
Customer service agent told me to just go to store to activate a new line, show my ID and email with promo
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
milomilemila wrote: I received this on both text and email as well but not sure how it can be applied since there is no code provided. Do you know if it will automatically apply? Because it will be great if we can get the $10 off. Im looking to get the iphone 11 deal. Thank you.
At the point of sale the store agent can see all offers made available to your line. It will be a list of optionally selected items.
With any store activation or upgrade it's always good to ask 'Can you check for any available promos?', once they have your account up.
Member
Mar 9, 2009
274 posts
99 upvotes
richardpau wrote: Customer service agent told me to just go to store to activate a new line, show my ID and email with promo
pjw918 wrote: At the point of sale the store agent can see all offers made available to your line. It will be a list of optionally selected items.
With any store activation or upgrade it's always good to ask 'Can you check for any available promos?', once they have your account up.
2 weeks ago I went to couple stores and none of them know how to do this. 1 of the Freedom store even try to open my account but nothing found, and another employee said it will be automatically which I wasnt quite sure so I left. It would be quite risky to add a line and later on found its not applied, so unsure $150 vs $50 for sure from referral (refer family member).

Im just too new on this. Please share if you have experienced through it Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
milomilemila wrote: 2 weeks ago I went to couple stores and none of them know how to do this.
Some don't know/bother to check for account-specific promos.
You can always ask them to call their dealer support line and get confirmation.
Last edited by pjw918 on Oct 18th, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Mar 9, 2009
274 posts
99 upvotes
pjw918 wrote: Some don't know/bother to check for line-specific promos.
You can always ask them to call their dealer support line and get confirmation.
1 of the Freedom store employee said it will automatically apply. He even tried to open my account, scanned the sim card, but still nothing in system. So I guess its automatic then.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
milomilemila wrote: 1 of the Freedom store employee said it will automatically apply. He even tried to open my account, scanned the sim card, but still nothing in system. So I guess its automatic then.
Even if it doesn't get added automatically, and some promos do require backoffice to apply them after activation or on the next billing cycle, you have the email and text. With those you'd have no problem getting the monthly credits applied if you needed to make the request.
Member
Mar 9, 2009
274 posts
99 upvotes
pjw918 wrote: Even if it doesn't get added automatically, and some promos do require backoffice to apply them after activation or on the next billing cycle, you have the email and text. With those you'd have no problem getting the monthly credits applied if you needed to make the request.
I see. Thank you.
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2016
884 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
Jeez, Freedom running so many promos. Something for everyone...
Wonder what they'll have left to offer for BF!
Member
Mar 9, 2009
274 posts
99 upvotes
Got this deal yesterday. Still lots of reps dont know how to do this. 1 of the store rep even told me that I have to call Freedom after activation to have the offer added. After a few tries, I finally got a rep who knows how to do it. He even showed me that the offer said “active” from his PC.

Got the iphone 11 $60 deal with $10 off for 15 months + 50k PC points for the open box phone. I dont quite like the open box one, found 2 long scratches on the screen and lost 2 months of Apple warranty (got lied by the rep that it came with Apple full 1 year warranty). It was my first time buying Apple open box device so a lesson to learn.

Still a great deal IMO but next time i will not get the open box for sure. Overall Im satisfied. Thank you everyone for encouraging me to try more places to get this add a line offer.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
milomilemila wrote: Got this deal yesterday. Still lots of reps dont know how to do this. 1 of the store rep even told me that I have to call Freedom after activation to have the offer added. After a few tries, I finally got a rep who knows how to do it. He even showed me that the offer said “active” from his PC.

Got the iphone 11 $60 deal with $10 off for 15 months + 50k PC points for the open box phone. I dont quite like the open box one, found 2 long scratches on the screen...
There's the 15-day return period.. Even if the scratches were not detected in the store, I would still attempt a return of the defective item, immediately. As it was open box they should allow 'exchange' for the same item BNIB, or a full cancellation if you choose. Press your case vigorously if there's pushback from the store, escalate as necessary. Start by asking for the store manager, and open that conversation by asking for the name and contact info of their regional retail manager. Obviously the phone was not properly inspected before made available as a 'lightly loved' resale.
Did the rep offer you the opportunity to fully and carefully inspect the open box (returned) phone, before completing the activation and getting your signature? Or did he just insert the SIM and turn on the phone?
Do not accept a 2-yr commitment on a phone sold in a defective state. You are held responsible for the device balance over the contract term, full retail at the outset, $979 on the iPhone 11.

What is a Lightly Loved phone? (Freedom support)
A “Lightly Loved Phone” is a phone that has been returned to us within 15 days from the purchase date in good working order, without physical damage, and has been inspected and verified to be in good-as-new condition.
...
Member
Mar 9, 2009
274 posts
99 upvotes
pjw918 wrote: There's the 15-day return period.. Even if the scratches were not detected in the store, I would still attempt a return of the defective item, immediately. As it was open box they should allow 'exchange' for the same item BNIB, or a full cancellation if you choose. Press your case vigorously if there's pushback from the store, escalate as necessary. Start by asking for the store manager, and open that conversation by asking for the name and contact info of their regional retail manager. Obviously the phone was not properly inspected before made available as a 'lightly loved' resale. Did the rep offer you the opportunity to fully and carefully inspect the phone, before completing the activation and getting your signature? Or did he just insert the SIM and turn on the phone?
Do not accept a 2-yr commitment on a phone sold in a defective state. You are held responsible for the device balance over the contract term, which is full retail at the outset.

What is a Lightly Loved phone? (Freedom support)
A “Lightly Loved Phone” is a phone that has been returned to us within 15 days from the purchase date in good working order, without physical damage, and has been inspected and verified to be in good-as-new condition.
...
Wow didnt know all about this. The rep didnt even let me to touch the phone box. After confirming that I can get the add a line offer, he went straight to scan the box, and completed the activation very quickly. After that he cut the sealed open box sticker and tried to insert the sim and said it will be turned on after I plug it into charge at home... very bad experience with the opened box. I thought i could get at least a full year of Apple warranty, $50 is not worth it for 2 months less in warranty along with the scratches in my opinion.

I really didnt know that returning an open box is accepted, but i dont really want to do all this over and especially im not a good person in arguing as im a very emotional person. I rather get over it than crying when trying to fight back for my rights Pensive Face This will sure a good lesson learn for me. Thanks very much for all the info, really appreciated.
Newbie
Apr 5, 2018
45 posts
8 upvotes
Does anyone knows by the chance if this is stackable with device plans? I.e. get phone with tab that requires $65, but pay $55 first 15 months?
Thanks!

Top