[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile Black Friday “deals”

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 5:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6203 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
mozillaman wrote: I got my tab forgiven and a $100 bill credit ($150 if you’re on a $60+ plan) when I did a phone upgrade. There are deals, but they seem to be invite-only. Effectively got a $650 discount off upgrading my phone with the various credits and tab incentives.
In store, live chat or phone? I have a tab finishing end of Dec and with the everywhere 50 plan, not interested in switching plans... if I upgrade to the iPhone pro I would get a $280 discount...
Deal Addict
May 16, 2008
2374 posts
668 upvotes
Does anyone happen to have a friends/family code they'd be willing to provide? I have two friends with Freedom. Neither of them received any codes, are they just completely random to get?
Jonathan Toews, on the disappointment of not repeating in 2011: "Mostly I was glad that Vancouver didn't win."
Jan 22, 2016
29 posts
6 upvotes
Milton, ON
My personal experience with Freedom customer service has been very bad. I asked if I could keep my 50 everywhere plan and get my device upgraded, they simply refused it unless I change my plan and pay $119 for Note 10+, I have been with them for 4 years just because the plans were considerably cheaper but it seems they are cunningly twisting things around and that too with poor coverage. Lots of dead zones within GT&HA.
I guess It's time to switch to EPP, not as cheap but better coverage at least.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2934 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Will be looking out for a good Freedom deal come boxing day...any expectations guys?

I'm on the Koodo $75/20GB
Feb 23, 2013
268 posts
114 upvotes
iPhone 11 on the $80 big gig plan can be had with the Friends and Family discount if you go to a retail location; they’ll give it to you without a code. Easily the best iPhone deal out there - $65/month for an iPhone 11 with no stupid tab balance.
Dec 14, 2015
60 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are you sure they give out free f&f codes in store? Lol
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1300 posts
1114 upvotes
vimmer wrote: Is anyone on Freedom that lives in Vancouver. I want to know how the connection and speed is.
I live in GVA and I think it works fine. Signal does get weaker inside concrete buildings.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1800 posts
690 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I got a promotion text with $150 off on top of the current deals. I just ordered on the Saturday because the website said Black Friday deals. So I took it as their best offer.

I called Freedom and they were suppose to cancel my order so I could reorder with the additional discount. But they shipped the order just hours after I called instead.

It was the Pixel 3XL 128 GB version. I don’t see that listed. So I guess the cancelling and reordering would not have worked out. But I am disappointed to have the option taken away from my. By the time I am back in Canada to try and resolve it in the store the sale will be over...

I was happy with the deal on Saturday. If they hadn’t texted me I would still be happy.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4312 posts
404 upvotes
Calgary
$150 discount on a 3XL? Details? I just got their 3XL 64gb for $5/mnth for 24mnths, which I am very happy about, $1000 discount on previous year flagship. Honestly even though it's last year's model, it is still a very capable phone, even more happier not having to deal with $20-$40/mnth phone tabs.

The notch is a non issue for me, screen is a cooler blue which I prefer. It's definitely a significant upgrade from the S7 Edge.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9944 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto
so many people where lined up all day long at the freedom wireless booth, because I work in the mall near by. damn..
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."