• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 9:52 am
[OP]
Apr 3, 2018
6 posts
9 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile. Bonus 2Gig Data YMMV

Freedom_mobile2019Dec05.jpg
Currently on the $15 prepay plan with 100 Talk, unlimited Text and 250M Data.
New subscribers are getting the "Double the Data" bonus, but not current customers.

Called in. Told deal was not available. I then said that I can get the same deal as Koodoo, but they have better
reception and you're encouraging me to change providers. I was then transferred to Loyalty and Retention
and got the 2G data for free for 24 months!

Edit: It is really, really important to tell them you can get the same deal at somewhere else (e.g. Koodoo)
and you'll be moving your account, else they won't offer you anything in L & R.

And I didn't ask for 2Gig data, just from 250M to 500M. And be polite!!!
Last edited by TabbyC on Dec 6th, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2231 posts
1319 upvotes
GTA
When dealing with retention, it is usually YMMV

¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7593 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
So you're getting 100 min, unlimited sms and 2.25gb data for $15/mo? Pretty good, even if on freedom!

I was going to add a another line with Public's $15 plan, but 250mb data was never going to be enough.

I wonder how easy would it be to get the 2gb add on with freedom. It would be perfect for me
Feb 8, 2010
19 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Just got off the phone with Freedom. CSR told me: "Everyone has "unlimited data" after their "paid for" data is used up. It's just at a much lower speed (3G I'm guessing)."
This is news to me! They refused to add anything. (did offer if for $10 more). I'm currently on the same $15 for 250mb plan.
Apr 30, 2007
112 posts
45 upvotes
Sydtunes wrote: Just got off the phone with Freedom. CSR told me: "Everyone has "unlimited data" after their "paid for" data is used up. It's just at a much lower speed (3G I'm guessing)."
This is news to me! They refused to add anything. (did offer if for $10 more). I'm currently on the same $15 for 250mb plan.
a lower speed is not 3G speed, it something like 10k/s,for that one can only read text, picture will be hard.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3734 posts
998 upvotes
Calgary
Freedom's throttle speed is half the speed of Telus/Rogers and Bell. This is very important because Freedom's a lot slower
Jul 21, 2005
132 posts
79 upvotes
i've throttled by them before it sucks, barely can do anything on the phone once you're throttled.
Jun 6, 2015
146 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Disagree about the throttle speed, it's slow but still barely usable