Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile Bonus Data Plans

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 3:56 pm
Sr. Member
Apr 24, 2012
520 posts
690 upvotes
Vancouver
Gangsta101 wrote: Freedom mobile has got 1.5mil subscribers, they wouldn't be that many if the service really sucked liked folks on RF make it seem.
Yes, the service does suck. I have 3 lines with them and the only reason I'm using them is to save money. Number of people using a service does not correlate with quality. By your logic McDonalds probably serves best food in the world because it's the most popular restaurant?
Just yesterday my wife walked into Dollarama (Metrotown), while I waited her outside. Tried to call her, but the calls wouldn't go through until she got close to the front glass. A lot of people tell me that they can't reach me while I'm in buildings, even though the phone shows that it always has some bars (Galaxy Note 10+). The service is good for homeless I suppose, as it mostly works well outdoors.
I used to have 4 lines with them, but switched 1 to Public. Ahhh, what a pleasure having reliable connection, when I tried Public for a few days myself. I would switch in an instant to any reliable network if I could find a plan comparable to my legacy $30 for 5Gb. I'm so tired of this crap network, that I'm even contemplating sacrificing some data and switching to Public 2Gb plan. What good is a lot of data if I can't count that my incoming calls will always come through?
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
501 posts
873 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry for you folks who can't use Freedom in the areas you live, work or commute. "It is not for everyone but for anyone". I personally had a few hiccups with Freedom in the beginning when I first signed up in December 2019 and "over time" things just magically got better. No issues for me in western Canada and I am already on my second contract with 13 months left to pay off my second phone.

I also recently signed up for the $0 by the gig plan from Shaw Mobile so that my kids can use it for talk/text since we don't have a landline anymore. Free Wi-Fi is available pretty much everywhere so no data is not an issue.

EDIT:
Correction to my post above. I first signed up in December "2017" not "2019".
Last edited by QuickFingers on Aug 24th, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 7, 2007
10234 posts
1371 upvotes
cal653 wrote: Wifi calling is a stopgap way of compensating for inferior coverage. It's better to expect the existing cell network handle calls competently.
if you live in a basement, or some condo building. Wifi-calling is a dealbreaker.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
17002 posts
6135 upvotes
Asho94 wrote: I have 3 years under my belt using it between richmond hill, downtown toronto & newmarket. I rarely need to make calls on the go & pay $50 for 12GB+unlimited data & unlimited north american calling & texting. No other company comes close for me.


You lost this argument 4 years ago when freedom entered the Canadian market lmao go check what the average prices of data per GB were in Canada over the past 10 years and then when you see it fall off a cliff tell me how long after freedoms big gig plans dropped it was. You're just a sour dude who's clearly only here to start s***, we get it you tried it and it wasn't for you, share your experience and move on.
Since i lost this argument please bring yourself to my location and see how great it works. When you need a stable service for family who is ill or work who needs to contact you please tell them that denial will make Freedom function and they weren't really trying to call when they dial you here.
As i originally stated it works fine for some and its location dependent. Selling my home and house hopping until i get decent service is preposterous, not to mention expensive.
Take your righteousness elsewhere.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2012
5673 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
So this is autopay, meaning prepaid?

Currently im paying $40 for 6GB prepaid (plan from 2015?). This $35 deal looks good.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1341 posts
117 upvotes
So you can use F&F on $35 plan to get $15 off?
Jr. Member
Nov 20, 2017
154 posts
174 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Since i lost this argument please bring yourself to my location and see how great it works. When you need a stable service for family who is ill or work who needs to contact you please tell them that denial will make Freedom function and they weren't really trying to call when they dial you here.
As i originally stated it works fine for some and its location dependent. Selling my home and house hopping until i get decent service is preposterous, not to mention expensive.
Take your righteousness elsewhere.
RFD needs a thumbs down button for responses like this, you were arguing that Freedom doesn't have any major impact on Canadian cellular prices/market; I am trying to explain to you whether or not it worked for you (which idk if you saw the last post I acknowledged it did not) Freedom has already had a large impact on bringing cost per GB down and this is a better $/GB ratio than what they had offered previously. No one is telling you to sell your home & house hop til freedom works for you LOL if this is what real life conversations with you are like yikes...
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2016
830 posts
1043 upvotes
Mississauga
QuickFingers wrote: Sorry for you folks who can't use Freedom in the areas you live, work or commute. "It is not for everyone but for anyone". I personally had a few hiccups with Freedom in the beginning when I first signed up in December 2019 and "over time" things just magically got better. No issues for me in western Canada and I am already on my second contract with 13 months left to pay off my second phone.

I also recently signed up for the $0 by the gig plan from Shaw Mobile so that my kids can use it for talk/text since we don't have a landline anymore. Free Wi-Fi is available pretty much everywhere so no data is not an issue.
I have decided I am going to stop responding to non-freedom subscribers here for two reasons.
1. The quality of the "argument" is just really poor and being done in bad faith. Folks do not even bother to focus on the points one makes, instead they just want to club you over the head with their "fact" that they've had a poor experience with Freedom so everyone else must stay away.
2. My continued response to them just takes away from the merits of thr OP's deal. Now someone genuinely interested in this has to dig through pages of back and forth to get any useful info they may need.

You @QuickFingers has said it all. Just like you my experience with FM in Mississauga has been stellar. My friends who also use this service have reported the same. I cannot relate to the bad experiences being shared here, this does not mean I disagree with folks you say they have bad experiences with them.
I was stuck at the mall for a bit yesterday and caught the first half of the Champions league finals on my phone, indoor location, no WiFi. This is my experience and it's been great. Doesn't mean I am not always on the lookout for a better deal. If any shop would let me have a one year phone contract instead of the standard 2 years or buy it outright, I would jump ship immediately.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
17002 posts
6135 upvotes
Asho94 wrote: RFD needs a thumbs down button for responses like this, you were arguing that Freedom doesn't have any major impact on Canadian cellular prices/market; I am trying to explain to you whether or not it worked for you (which idk if you saw the last post I acknowledged it did not) Freedom has already had a large impact on bringing cost per GB down and this is a better $/GB ratio than what they had offered previously. No one is telling you to sell your home & house hop til freedom works for you LOL if this is what real life conversations with you are like yikes...
You should stop looking at anyone who disagrees with you and assume you know what they are saying without actually reading it. Skimming and assuming the rest is insufficient.
I want lower prices (who doesn't), what i have said is that offering poor service that works for some people but not others is a bad business strategy.
I would like them to improve their business strategy because i am well aware how gouged we are for cell phone service compared to other countries.

If they made a service that would work reliably in my location i would still be their customer.

Is any of this penetrating your bubble?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6768 posts
3169 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Can I get the bonus 6GB data if I am on the 1GB plan for $10?
runeash wrote: So you can use F&F on $35 plan to get $15 off?
I thought F&F ended a while back already.
test9251 wrote: So this is autopay, meaning prepaid?

Currently im paying $40 for 6GB prepaid (plan from 2015?). This $35 deal looks good.
Autopay just mean they have your cc information and will take money automatically. It can be either prepaid or postpaid.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16085 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: i am well aware how gouged we are for cell phone service compared to other countries.
I'm not.
Are other countries still doing 3 year plans for brand new smart phones? Or 2 year plans as it currently is here today? (Canada used to allow 3 year plans, so monthly rates were a lot less, but you'd have your current phone a year longer)

-This is an honest question-
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1071 posts
157 upvotes
When I was with Freedom,

I had decent coverage in Toronto, Mississauga, bad in part of markham and Vaughan. When I went to Montreal and Vancouver , freedom was pretty good as well.

After I changed plans, Freedom kept my $15/ month discount for 12 months , after 12 month they suddenly removed my discount and also removed Better together family discount. They told me I would get my Friends and family discount but lied and it never happened for 3 months. I was with Freedom since 2012 so we started with really bad service that got better but I don't like the lying.

I moved to the Zoomer wireless deal.
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2016
830 posts
1043 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote: I'm not.
Are other countries still doing 3 year plans for brand new smart phones? Or 2 year plans as it currently is here today? (Canada used to allow 3 year plans, so monthly rates were a lot less, but you'd have your current phone a year longer)

-This is an honest question-
The phrase he used was "cellphone service", this comprises 1. Calls, 2. messaging, 3. data, 4. Devices.
The gouging mostly occurs with data services. See this interactive map for some comparison.
Member
Jun 13, 2004
279 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Gangsta101 wrote: This has been my experience as well. I used Wind mobile for a time in 2015 and I think I have have an idea of what unreliable service feels like. I lived in a basement and service would disappear immediately I got indoors, so much so i was considering a booster, in the end I switched to Koodo for a few months (Rogers was unreliable there as well), and when I moved out, I switched to a fido tablet plan, $15 for 3gb and coupled it with Fongo. I was good for a while until I needed a plan that would give me a new premium phone plus lots of data for less than $100. That's when Freedom relaunched. My experience with them matches what I had with fido, plus with 14gb
Are you me? I was also on Wind Mobile for a bit where it had unreliable service, switched over to the Fido 3GB tablet plan with Fongo and then ended up back on Freedom mobile. I found Freedom to be pretty good as well.

Top