Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile Bonus Data Plans

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 3:56 pm
Jul 16, 2020
21 posts
21 upvotes
I just had 6 friends, family members switch from Freedom to Koodo on Saturday.
They all paid off their TAB. They couldn't wait to leave Freedom's terrible service.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9941 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
Theses bonus data is it for one year?
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6738 posts
3140 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I asked them about the phone you can get for free with the $35 plan.
There is none.
You can get the iphone SE for $20 a month tab fee. So $480 for SE?!!
I cannot recommend anyone to get a phone through them.
Their plan is solid though.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Feb 29, 2012
337 posts
103 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: if you live in a basement, or some condo building. Wifi-calling is a dealbreaker.
or go overseas and want to use your Canadian number without roaming charges (admittedly, this is happening much less for me since COVID...)
Sep 26, 2017
70 posts
71 upvotes
Is the bonus data monthly? Like I get 7 GB every month for $35? Also can I switch to this plan if I'm on another plan?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1082 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
Freedom has been status quo since I joined them almost 2 years ago. Driving in areas north of Toronto where there should be coverage, drops to 3G and won’t allow to connect to Nationwide. Left my F&F to join Rogers EPP.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1005 posts
1614 upvotes
Alberta
michaelnzha wrote: Is the bonus data monthly? Like I get 7 GB every month for $35?
Also can I switch to this plan if I'm on another plan?
7GB every month.
You can ask.
Boomer23 wrote: Freedom has been status quo since I joined them almost 2 years ago. Driving in areas north of Toronto where there should be coverage, drops to 3G and won’t allow to connect to Nationwide. Left my F&F to join Rogers EPP.
If you haven't seen an improvement in 2 years where there should be coverage, you don't have working VoLTE or access to band 13.
Last edited by pjw918 on Aug 26th, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1082 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
pjw918 wrote: 7GB every month.
You can ask.

If you haven't seen an improvement in 2 years where there should be coverage, you don't have VoLTE or access to band 13.
I do. Try driving up the 400 and see how many times it drops to no service or 3G. Have band 13 and 66.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1005 posts
1614 upvotes
Alberta
Boomer23 wrote: I do. Try driving up the 400 and see how many times it drops to no service or 3G. Have band 13 and 66.
What device on Freedom? did it stay on LTE during calls?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1082 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
pjw918 wrote: What device on Freedom? did it stay on LTE during calls?
iPhone 11. I have LTE and VoLTE enabled. When it drops to 3G it’s pretty much unusable. Price was good, but I think paying a little more is worth it for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1005 posts
1614 upvotes
Alberta
Boomer23 wrote: iPhone 11. I have LTE and VoLTE enabled. When it drops to 3G it’s pretty much unusable. Price was good, but I think paying a little more is worth it for me.
Well the Freedom iPhone 11 is certainly VoLTE capable, which would have given you access to (extended range) band 13, if it was provisioned in the area. I'm assuming you had VoLTE generally, there can be a glitch were it doesn't actually activate on the line even though provisioned. I know around 15 ON sites were upgraded with B13 between the end of Feb and beginning of July, but from what I can see they have a ways to go before all ON sites that would benefit get the upgrade, unlike BC/AB where the rollout seems complete.

If Freedom doesn't work where you need the service (with a fully compatible device), then it doesn't work. You were fortunate to have the EPP option with RBT.
Nov 30, 2016
811 posts
1004 upvotes
Mississauga
Quentin5 wrote: ... How does this help lower prices from Rogers/Bell?
Not trying to start a beef or anything, but this post on a recent Bell Hot deal caught my attention and I felt it was worth pointing out. Other networks are taking notice of Freedom Mobile's growth, even if not everyone is able to take advantage of Freedom's offer or Bell's offer.