Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile Bonus Data Plans

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 3:56 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16868 posts
6082 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Not trying to start a beef or anything, but this post on a recent Bell Hot deal caught my attention and I felt it was worth pointing out. Other networks are taking notice of Freedom Mobile's growth, even if not everyone is able to take advantage of Freedom's offer or Bell's offer.
How did they know this person went to Freedom?
A post cancellation "retention" deal is not common marketing, but its not unheard of, whether they went to Freedom, Rogers or wherever.
It may shock you to know that Rogers and Bell have always had promotions.

I am happy to see competitors, but if they can't keep their customers happy then they are hamstringing themselves.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1009 posts
455 upvotes
pjw918 wrote: Well the Freedom iPhone 11 is certainly VoLTE capable, which would have given you access to (extended range) band 13, if it was provisioned in the area. I'm assuming you had VoLTE generally, there can be a glitch were it doesn't actually activate on the line even though provisioned. I know around 15 ON sites were upgraded with B13 between the end of Feb and beginning of July, but from what I can see they have a ways to go before all ON sites that would benefit get the upgrade, unlike BC/AB where the rollout seems complete.

If Freedom doesn't work where you need the service (with a fully compatible device), then it doesn't work. You were fortunate to have the EPP option with RBT.
I had one line that took over 12 months (I could have been more diligent) to get past level 2 techs and get my FM issued iPjone XR really conected to VOLTE AND WIFICALLING. The other line connected from the beginning on iPhone 8. My advice if your device is fully FM eligible is to persist with tech support snd escalate. And get those switches pushed or pulled to make your specific device active on your specific account. Tech reps were telling me that those services showed as being enabled and active on my line. It makes a world of difference with VOLTE and WIFICALLING.

I really didn't want to give up my 8GB PROMO EVERYWHERE plan with 35% F&F.
Nov 30, 2016
798 posts
946 upvotes
Mississauga
Quentin5 wrote: How did they know this person went to Freedom?
That's a really good question. My guess is that they can track where the port out request originated from. A second person has confirmed that they were told this deal was specific to people who ported out to Freedom, so I guess it's safe to say there's some truth to it.
Jul 23, 2009
525 posts
339 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Quentin5 wrote: How did they know this person went to Freedom?
A post cancellation "retention" deal is not common marketing, but its not unheard of, whether they went to Freedom, Rogers or wherever.
It may shock you to know that Rogers and Bell have always had promotions.

I am happy to see competitors, but if they can't keep their customers happy then they are hamstringing themselves.
The way porting works, the carriers have ability to tell what provider you are coming from and what provider you are going to. Heck technically they can check any numbers status anytime they want.