Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile - extra 10GB/month of LTE data free (YMMV?)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 10:15 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile - extra 10GB/month of LTE data free (YMMV?)

Just received this text:
Freedom Mobile Special Gift: Thank you for being a Freedom Mobile customer! As a special gift to you, we added an extra 10GB/month of Freedom Fast LTE data to your line so you can do more for less with your wireless service! There is no action required, the data was automatically applied to your line. You will continue receiving this free bonus data, as long as you keep your current plan or upgrade. Check out MyAccount to see your total data allotment and monitor your usage.
Seems like mobile providers are throwing free data out left and right; at this rate, might not need home Internet lol

EDIT: I'm on the F&F $45/month 10GB plan (freedom-mobile-f-f-offer-big-gig-unlimi ... e-2324961/) and have the 1GB $10 add-on line (freedom-mobile-freedom-10-1gb-add-line-deal-2354189/) on my account.
Last edited by chadw01 on Sep 18th, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
95 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
That's a big YMMV, nothing on any of my 4 lines.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2613 posts
779 upvotes
huge YMMV. but like @d1ulove3 i am on 15gb + 35% F&F + $0 phone for 2 lines. LOL
Apr 13, 2008
289 posts
453 upvotes
Bancroft
Can anyone who uses Freedom outside of city areas attest to the quality you receive?

I'm thinking of switching but not if the quality is terrible.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
chadw01 wrote: Just received this text:

Seems like mobile providers are throwing free data out left and right; at this rate, might not need home Internet lol
What plan are you on?

Doubt I would get this as other above with 35% FnF lol
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
what plan are you on OP? Screenshot?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
eebest wrote: Can anyone who uses Freedom outside of city areas attest to the quality you receive?

No issue using it on a roaming,
Aug 22, 2019
116 posts
67 upvotes
Nothing added for me either so huge YMMV, I'm on the Promo Big Gig 50 plan so that could be why
Mar 4, 2019
102 posts
70 upvotes
I just contacted Freedom to see if I would qualify and was not able to apply any free data; however, I was given $5 off per month for 4 months
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eebest wrote: Can anyone who uses Freedom outside of city areas attest to the quality you receive?

Since you won't be actually on Freedom's network, the service should be pretty good.
It's when you're actually on Freedom's own native network where service sucks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Kkhan15 wrote: What plan are you on?

Doubt I would get this as other above with 35% FnF lol
updated op

hopefully others get this bonus offer too
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
RyanJ52506 wrote: I just contacted Freedom to see if I would qualify and was not able to apply any free data; however, I was given $5 off per month for 4 months
was worth a shot, but at least you saved $20 just by coming to this thread
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
I'M on a 65 Big Gig + Talk 10gb may be because of I already receiving 4gb and 130GB bonus.
Jul 4, 2019
42 posts
22 upvotes

Let me tell you my story.
My house is in the city (Edmonton). The neighborhood is pretty new which means it is kinda far from downtown. I see freedom towers and all the other main towers on the map of my neighborhood like crazy so I thought i wouldn't have issue of reception.

I usually use wifi based apps to call and text. In the beginning I only got calls from scam callers and I had no issue so I thought it was good. When finally someone important called me I couldn't hear shit. Some calls come through and some calls not at all. And quite often texts fail to send. What a fking joke is this? I contacted freedom and what they tell me is to turn off phone, take out SIM card etc useless BS. I am using WiFi call thing and it is still not fking doing anything. Now im talking to fido to port my sorry ass and I cant even give them a call back number cuz sure as hell I know I wont hear shit. When the neighborhood was brand new I had no such issue with rogers!!!!! Dont get fooled by how many or how close freedom towers are to your place. Unless ur trying to use freedom to get porting number promotions, dont even think of using this as a reliable service provider. I HATE FREEDOM I HATE IT GAAAAHHHHHH

-Ok im done venting.. for now-
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Dooboo wrote: Let me tell you my story.
My house is in the city (Edmonton). The neighborhood is pretty new which means it is kinda far from downtown. I see freedom towers and all the other main towers on the map of my neighborhood like crazy so I thought i wouldn't have issue of reception.

I usually use wifi based apps to call and text. In the beginning I only got calls from scam callers and I had no issue so I thought it was good. When finally someone important called me I couldn't hear shit. Some calls come through and some calls not at all. And quite often texts fail to send. What a fking joke is this? I contacted freedom and what they tell me is to turn off phone, take out SIM card etc useless BS. I am using WiFi call thing and it is still not fking doing anything. Now im talking to fido to port my sorry ass and I cant even give them a call back number cuz sure as hell I know I wont hear shit. When the neighborhood was brand new I had no such issue with rogers!!!!! Dont get fooled by how many or how close freedom towers are to your place. Unless ur trying to use freedom to get porting number promotions, dont even think of using this as a reliable service provider. I HATE FREEDOM I HATE IT GAAAAHHHHHH

-Ok im done venting.. for now-
May be it is your WiFi setting.
Did you QOS VoIP?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Aug 10, 2018
81 posts
57 upvotes

Example. Boyd park in Woodbridge. All my friends in Rogers, Bell, Public mobile had the voice and lte(3G for PM) data there, except me in Freedom. I've just switched to Virgin all my lines. I got tired after about 7 years with Freedom.
Aug 26, 2014
73 posts
102 upvotes

I'm in the Northwest end of the GTA. Anything north of Major Mac and things start getting patchy haha. Best be ready for unreliable service if you do take the drop.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2008
1064 posts
355 upvotes
Woodbridge
I am on BIG DATA 50 plan, didn't get any offer
Jul 4, 2019
42 posts
22 upvotes
May be it is your WiFi setting.
Did you QOS VoIP?[/quote]

It has nothing to do with Wifi. I just lose reception. With or without wifi on.
Like I said I never had this issue with rogers from a few months ago. I went out of city a little and no service at all instead of going to roaming.
Im sure each person may have different experience based on where you are but you wont feel what i feel till you use freedom. I didnt believe what ppl said abt freedom before i ported to it...
I never imagined myself walking up and down stairs, standing by staircase during a phone call to get a better reception in 2020.