Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile - extra 10GB/month of LTE data free (YMMV?)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 10:15 pm
May 8, 2016
275 posts
199 upvotes
Ontario
I was surprised to receive this offer given my plan is the old Promo Everywhere 50. I won't leave this plan because it still offers the most value for roaming & US travel [ not that I'm currently travelling to the US... :rolleyes: ] Only received the offer for 1 of 3 lines though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5257 posts
1234 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
rymbooth wrote: Can someone who received the text please post a screenshot of the text they received from Freedom?
Still editing

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1471 posts
799 upvotes
eebest wrote: Can anyone who uses Freedom outside of city areas attest to the quality you receive?

I'm thinking of switching but not if the quality is terrible.
Roaming is far better coverage than IN the cities

The WORST places are border zones
Freedom network tries to block roaming and you can't connect to a Freedom tower
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 13GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4744 posts
1401 upvotes
Ottawa
My grandpa wind prepaid plan has 5gb/mon, I pay $90all in for a year.
Apr 2, 2018
461 posts
276 upvotes
Edmonton
sonyHdr12 wrote: My grandpa wind prepaid plan has 5gb/mon, I pay $90all in for a year.
wow how can you get that? I would love to get one for my parents as well
Koodo $35/10GB 3 lines, Rogers $42/20GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/20GB, $45/20GB
Sep 4, 2019
27 posts
8 upvotes
holy hell I actually got this. was feeling fine with 8GB but now 18 I'm carefree.
gonna try and get in contact with Loyalty(you need to ask to be transferred) so I can reduce my rate instead below $40
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4744 posts
1401 upvotes
Ottawa
User772911 wrote: wow how can you get that? I would love to get one for my parents as well
I got it 8 years ago, it should not include data, but it does give me data , maybe for loyalty. :)
Jan 1, 2017
168 posts
83 upvotes
Did anyone get this by contacting Freedom Mobile?
I’ve contacted a few times and reps keep saying that I’m eligible for this 10gb data offer that they’re sending me a text but it’s automatically generated one so they won’t be able to create or send one on their own right away.

Edit: typo corrected test to text
Last edited by Migaloo on Oct 3rd, 2020 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9977 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
WRIGHT828 wrote: I live an hour or so north of GTA in a small town outside of Barrie and short of the few dead zones which I know everything works swimmingly. In fact, my work phone is with Telus and I get far better reception with Freedom than I do with Telus in this area. I've been with Freedom for a little over 2 years and the complaints are few & far between. The issues are predictable and I can live with it for what I'm paying.
Outside of gta like Barrie should be even using free m need a dependable provider of the big 3
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
May 8, 2016
275 posts
199 upvotes
Ontario
akito925 wrote: Outside of gta like Barrie should be even using free m need a dependable provider of the big 3
I travel frequently for work - Bancroft, Owen Sound, Sudbury... as I said, no concerns. Outside Barrie it switches to the Nationwide network but the connection is often LTE/LTE+. I take both phones everywhere - Freedom and Telus and frequently find better signal with Freedom Nationwide over Telus network. Freedom service is dependable enough for the savings over the big 3 bandits.
Jun 23, 2019
4 posts
Markham, ON
RyanJ52506 wrote: I just contacted Freedom to see if I would qualify and was not able to apply any free data; however, I was given $5 off per month for 4 months
I am on the old everything 50 plan and fnf 35% off. They cannot give me any additional bonus data, only give me the $5 off for 6 months, 🥺🥺. My total data is 11gb+1gb nationalwide / us data
Nov 2, 2018
31 posts
20 upvotes
Like the guy above me, I'm also on Promo Everywhere 50 + 35% off + 5GB bonus... they wouldn't budge. Oh well!
Sep 24, 2017
91 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I checked with Freedom Customer care about how the customers are getting selected for these offers? I was told the following:

Those customers with tab expiry from August to December has already gotten notification starting 8/21/2020.
Those customers with tab expiring in September to January starting receiving tests from 9/17/2020.
May 2, 2017
91 posts
111 upvotes
I never did anything and Freedom texted me to say I got extra 10GB on top of the existing 10. Both of my lines with identical plans got the offer. I'm on Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 10GB activated in Nov 2019. So basically the total of my monthly bill is $100 for 2 lines, 20GB/month each. This still may not be enough to hold me because I know there're better promos atm.