• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2022 10:30 pm
[OP]
Jun 2, 2009
697 posts
824 upvotes
Ontario

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile holiday plan 15 GB for $35

This is a BYOD plan. No new phones to come with it.

This deal is not yet on the Freedom Mobile special offers website. May be it will show up as we get closer to Boxing week.
https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/special-offers

However, it is advertised in store (Freedom Mobile, Bestbuy, the Mobile Shop). The catch is getting someone who is willing to waive the $45 activation fee. Based on the reps that I spoke to, they were able to waive this on Black Friday, not now, but likely they can waive the $45 activation fee during Boxing Week sales.

The good news is, I went to the FM website, used live chat with an agent, and got it done - $35 plan with 15 GB and $45 activation fee waived.

Even though they don't have the $35 plan (15 GB) on the website, they are able to offer it. At first, the agent didn't think they could waive the $45 activation fee. But I mentioned the store told me they could during Boxing Week. The online agent checked and then was able to waive the activation fee - this is of course YMMV.

My order was set up in about 10 min. It was a $50 plan (original plan) for 15GB data. After the $5 digital discount (autopay by credit card), the regular price for the plan is $45. The holiday discount is $10 off per month for 24 months. Activation fee is waived according to the online agent. No cost for SIM card. It will be mailed to me in a few days.

Don't forget to ask a friend to set up refer-a-friend, see the rules here. They need to first register, send you a link, you then need to use their link to enrol before ordering the new service.
https://refer.freedommobile.ca/common/rules
Both you and your friend will get $25 one-time credit.

Reminder: to keep this thread open, do not request or solicit referrals.
Images
  • 5E1BD65F-1FE8-47AA-BCF7-298550EE65B8.jpeg
Last edited by ikeny on Dec 4th, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
150 replies
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
22 posts
10 upvotes
New Brunswick
How’s the coverage compared to public mobile or fido
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
4787 posts
10662 upvotes
Kitchener
Hoping boxing day is 20gb for $35
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
May 31, 2009
57 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Is this just a data plan or does it include voice/text?
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
22 posts
10 upvotes
New Brunswick
pcampan wrote: Is this just a data plan or does it include voice/text?
Yeah please tell me to I’d like to know
[OP]
Jun 2, 2009
697 posts
824 upvotes
Ontario
pcampan wrote: Is this just a data plan or does it include voice/text?
Data FREEDOM: 15GB (Fast LTE).
Talk FREEDOM NATIONWIDE: Unlimited calls to Canada; Unlimited incoming calls
Text FREEDOM NATIONWIDE: Unlimited global text, picture and video messaging
Included Features

Eligible for Digital Discount ($5/month off rate plan price) when paying by Auto Pay (pre-authorized payment).

Learn more at
freedommobile.ca/digitaldiscount. Plan includes: Voicemail+, Call Control & Freedom Wi-Fi Access.
[OP]
Jun 2, 2009
697 posts
824 upvotes
Ontario
KovexTech wrote: How’s the coverage compared to public mobile or fido
It’s generally regarded as less reliable compared to the big 3 telecom. Usually it is OK within the city.

It helps that their plans include wifi calling. So you can still make and receive calls when you’re inside buildings with poor cell signal.
Jun 19, 2010
329 posts
442 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I assume no nationwide data included ? Unless you are always in a big city, without nationwide data included, freedom plans are not worth at all.

And for a while now, their phone subsidies are tiered based on your plan price, so a 50 dollar plan will only get you the lower tier of phone subsidies.
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
22 posts
10 upvotes
New Brunswick
ikeny wrote: It’s generally regarded as less reliable compared to the big 3 telecom. Usually it is OK within the city.

It helps that their plans include wifi calling. So you can still make and receive calls when you’re inside buildings with poor cell signal.
Can u use wifi calling on iPhone 11
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
17357 posts
5046 upvotes
Scarberia
does anyone know if the promo 50 canada everywhere plan has free global sms texting? thx..i wanna try to send sms to my 3hk number in HK, thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 12, 2019
48 posts
26 upvotes
Dang I just ported from Freedom to Fido to reduce bill from $55 to $35, which costed 8 credit score points.

One thing I noticed though is that Fido coverage is waaaaay better than Freedom in Southern Ontario at least. Works inside department stores, my basement, rural roads and many other places my Freedom line used to drop off immediately.
[OP]
Jun 2, 2009
697 posts
824 upvotes
Ontario
marineking wrote: Dang I just ported from Freedom to Fido to reduce bill from $55 to $35, which costed 8 credit score points.

One thing I noticed though is that Fido coverage is waaaaay better than Freedom in Southern Ontario at least. Works inside department stores, my basement, rural roads and many other places my Freedom line used to drop off immediately.
For sure. Fido has better reception and their $35 for 12GB was a great Black Friday deal. But none of the local stores in my area offered it. They only had $40 for 15 months then $50 after. Similar situation with Virgin Plus. Neither offered the discounted plans online.

I much prefer to do this online over chat than lining up in-person. Finally, Freedom offer eSIM option, with I could use with my $0 Fido tablet plan at the same time.
Dec 3, 2021
2 posts
Vancouver, BC
I tried to get this deal online today chatting with a web agent. They maintained (after talking to their supervisor) that the AF waive was a code emailed to past customers, and not something they could do today. I said I'd wait until closer to Boxing Week to just get the deal without the AF.
Jan 25, 2009
989 posts
847 upvotes
Call pacific mall freedom mobile. I believe they are offering it. Someone at work was talking about it at work and I overheard.
Dec 3, 2021
2 posts
Vancouver, BC
raviji wrote: Call pacific mall freedom mobile. I believe they are offering it. Someone at work was talking about it at work and I overheard.
You mean Pacific Centre in Vancouver? With the AF waiver?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1388 posts
1894 upvotes
Waterloo Region
newuserhere wrote: Can I combine any iPhone offer with this?
I've got the same question. I waited weeks for Freedom to run a true Black friday promo, they didn't, i got my colleague to pull the trigger on a pixel plus iphone for their son, and then this promo comes along. You bet i'm going to get them to call in and see if Freedom mobile can add the $10 discount for 24 months, or i'll convince them to return both phones and wait a month for Boxing day.
Jan 25, 2009
989 posts
847 upvotes
etho55 wrote: You mean Pacific Centre in Vancouver? With the AF waiver?
Pacific mall in Markham, Ontario.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)