Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile iPhone SE Discounts

  • Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2020 7:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1516 posts
478 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile iPhone SE Discounts

128 gig SE
Retail Price (MSRP)
$670.00

MyTab Device Savings
-$238.00

MyTab Charge
$432.00

Due: $18 a month for 24 months.

This is on the $50 a month plan that gets you 8gb's on their network and 500megs nation wide.

iPhone SE
Capacity: 64GB
Colour: Black

Retail Price (MSRP)
$600.00

MyTab Device Savings
-$240.00

MyTab Charge
$360.00

Due Today

$0.00

Due Monthly
$15.00/mo

Your total MyTab Charge will be $360.00. It will be split evenly over 24 months until paid in full and then your bill will go down by $15.00/month!

This is on the $50 a month plan that gets you 8gb's on their network and 500megs nation wide.

A one-time connection fee of up to $20 will apply for each new line activation in-store.

Does Freedom have no reception in Montreal?
31 replies
Sr. Member
Oct 8, 2006
565 posts
350 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
jg123 wrote: 128 gig SE
Retail Price (MSRP)
$670.00

MyTab Device Savings
-$238.00

MyTab Charge
$432.00

Due: $18 a month for 24 months.

This is on the $50 a month plan that gets you 8gb's on their network and 500megs nation wide.

iPhone SE
Capacity: 64GB
Colour: Black

Retail Price (MSRP)
$600.00

MyTab Device Savings
-$240.00

MyTab Charge
$360.00

Due Today

$0.00

Due Monthly
$15.00/mo

Your total MyTab Charge will be $360.00. It will be split evenly over 24 months until paid in full and then your bill will go down by $15.00/month!

This is on the $50 a month plan that gets you 8gb's on their network and 500megs nation wide.

A one-time connection fee of up to $20 will apply for each new line activation in-store.

Does Freedom have no reception in Montreal?
I asssume that if you cancel after say 2 months, the amount paid on your tab of $15 per month would be subtracted from the full $600 and you would owe $570 not $30 deducted from the $360 tab and owe $330??
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1516 posts
478 upvotes
happy camper wrote: I asssume that if you cancel after say 2 months, the amount paid on your tab of $15 per month would be subtracted from the full $600 and you would owe $570 not $30 deducted from the $360 tab and owe $330??
I am guessing there is some minimum period you have to stay with them. But if the service sucks I would like to just pay off the phone and move to another provider.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4753 posts
2822 upvotes
When is the iPhone 12 and other models announcement coming?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Jr. Member
Aug 5, 2017
111 posts
66 upvotes
Sejad wrote: When is the iPhone 12 and other models announcement coming?
each year at september. iPhone 12 oled low cost should be a better deal than this SE.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
3594 posts
2315 upvotes
Vancouver
2-year term on an iPhone SE... heck no.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
3735 posts
998 upvotes
Calgary
happy camper wrote: I asssume that if you cancel after say 2 months, the amount paid on your tab of $15 per month would be subtracted from the full $600 and you would owe $570 not $30 deducted from the $360 tab and owe $330??
Yes. Why do you think otherwise? This is why Koodo changed their policy and made it even worse.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1026 posts
1683 upvotes
Alberta
happy camper wrote: I asssume that if you cancel after say 2 months, the amount paid on your tab of $15 per month would be subtracted from the full $600 and you would owe $570 not $30 deducted from the $360 tab and owe $330??
casperr wrote: Yes. Why do you think otherwise? This is why Koodo changed their policy and made it even worse.
No.
ECF is (Retail Price)/24 for each month remaining.
In this case, 600/24= $25/mo.
If you cancel after 2 months you'd owe $550, not $570.
Each month you pay $15 and Freedom pays $10 toward the device balance.

If you pay something up front ECF = (RP-UF)/24 per month remaining.

All providers calculate ECF this way now.
Last edited by pjw918 on May 10th, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1516 posts
478 upvotes
pjw918 wrote:
No.
ECF is (Retail Price)/24 for each month remaining.
In this case, 600/24= $25/mo.
If you cancel after 2 months you'd owe $550, not $570.

Each month you pay $15 and Freedom pays $10, toward the device balance.

-
If you pay something up front ECF = (RP-UF)/24 per month remaining.

All providers calculate ECF this way now.
Thanks, that makes sense. Anyone here that can chime in on the service in Richmond Hill and the GTA in general?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4753 posts
2822 upvotes
frenk927 wrote: each year at september. iPhone 12 oled low cost should be a better deal than this SE.
Wow, I didn't think it'd be a better deal than the SE V2 model.

My only concern is that I have a Friend and Family discount 35% code applied. I have heard that when I am done paying off my tab with my XR that I can get a new phone on the same plan. BUT, I have to make sure the reps don't accidentally remove my F&F 35% code when I am getting a new phone. Curious if there's any truth to this.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Member
User avatar
Aug 10, 2011
377 posts
97 upvotes
EAST YORK
Sejad wrote: Wow, I didn't think it'd be a better deal than the SE V2 model.

My only concern is that I have a Friend and Family discount 35% code applied. I have heard that when I am done paying off my tab with my XR that I can get a new phone on the same plan. BUT, I have to make sure the reps don't accidentally remove my F&F 35% code when I am getting a new phone. Curious if there's any truth to this.
went into don mills freedom store pre-covid and picked up an iphone for my wife's plan with 35% f+f discount on one of our Promo Everywhere 50 plans. No difficulities...just added a tab to her plan...still get the discounts
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 18GB($32.50 - 35% F&F + 50GB big binge ) X2 plans
Freedom 17.5GB $24.25 ( $5 digital discount and 35% F&F + 50GB big binge)
Freedom 1GB addon line 10$ + 50 GB big binge
Bell Gigabit Fibe $59.95
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4753 posts
2822 upvotes
bakayaroh wrote: went into don mills freedom store pre-covid and picked up an iphone for my wife's plan with 35% f+f discount on one of our Promo Everywhere 50 plans. No difficulities...just added a tab to her plan...still get the discounts
Can it be done online or is it better to do in store/on phone?

Thanks for the info btw!
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1590 posts
440 upvotes
Canada
jg123 wrote: 128 gig SE
Retail Price (MSRP)
$670.00

MyTab Device Savings
-$238.00

MyTab Charge
$432.00

Due: $18 a month for 24 months.

This is on the $50 a month plan that gets you 8gb's on their network and 500megs nation wide.

iPhone SE
Capacity: 64GB
Colour: Black

Retail Price (MSRP)
$600.00

MyTab Device Savings
-$240.00

MyTab Charge
$360.00

Due Today

$0.00

Due Monthly
$15.00/mo

Your total MyTab Charge will be $360.00. It will be split evenly over 24 months until paid in full and then your bill will go down by $15.00/month!

This is on the $50 a month plan that gets you 8gb's on their network and 500megs nation wide.

A one-time connection fee of up to $20 will apply for each new line activation in-store.

Does Freedom have no reception in Montreal?
the freedom website shows $50/10GB. where are you seeing the 8GB plan?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Member
Aug 15, 2018
416 posts
699 upvotes
Vancouver
So if I get this today and want to cancel in 2 months how would the process work.
Member
User avatar
Aug 10, 2011
377 posts
97 upvotes
EAST YORK
Sejad wrote: Can it be done online or is it better to do in store/on phone?

Thanks for the info btw!
sorry I have only done this once....but when i check pricing online it says out of online stock and contact a store (for iphones anyway) however you are able to upgrade I would always like to talk/communicate with someone confirming that your f+f discount still will transfer just to be safe
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 18GB($32.50 - 35% F&F + 50GB big binge ) X2 plans
Freedom 17.5GB $24.25 ( $5 digital discount and 35% F&F + 50GB big binge)
Freedom 1GB addon line 10$ + 50 GB big binge
Bell Gigabit Fibe $59.95
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1516 posts
478 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: the freedom website shows $50/10GB. where are you seeing the 8GB plan?
I am in Ontario and I see 8 gigs for $50
Member
May 2, 2010
288 posts
121 upvotes
bakayaroh wrote: went into don mills freedom store pre-covid and picked up an iphone for my wife's plan with 35% f+f discount on one of our Promo Everywhere 50 plans. No difficulities...just added a tab to her plan...still get the discounts
Can you still get the F&F discount? If so, how? Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13699 posts
3763 upvotes
Scarberia
this is 15$ per month tab for 2 years? hell no!might do it for the iphone xs max
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1516 posts
478 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: this is 15$ per month tab for 2 years? hell no!might do it for the iphone xs max
The total you pay is only $360, xs Max is like $1,200
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2004
779 posts
153 upvotes
Spinner wrote: 2-year term on an iPhone SE... heck no.
Can you imagine the battery after 2 years on that phone!!!

Top