Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile - Nationwide Talk + Text + 1.5GB Data - Prepaid $19 Monthly for 12 Months

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2022 2:48 pm
[OP]
Mar 31, 2008
691 posts
371 upvotes
Edmonton

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile - Nationwide Talk + Text + 1.5GB Data - Prepaid $19 Monthly for 12 Months

All on Freedom Nationwide which means when you are out of the Freedom Zone it will connect to one of the big 3 cellular companies with no extra pay per use charges. So basically Canada wide service.

This is normally $24 but it's down to $19 until August 3, 2022. New activations only. Unsure if the discount would continue after 12 months.

Unlimited Canada-wide calling
Unlimited global text, picture, and video messaging
1.5GB data

If you want a little more data you could go with Phonebox deal for $6 more.
Last edited by tsgee on Aug 9th, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
98 replies
Jul 3, 2017
235 posts
672 upvotes
How does this work? Is this Only $19 for this month, or is it recurring?
Aug 9, 2013
383 posts
329 upvotes
Mississauga
I waited for this for my wife.

Now she has to make a decision of giving up pay-your-way-2000 and going with this for a year.
[OP]
Mar 31, 2008
691 posts
371 upvotes
Edmonton
SamuelNapper wrote: How does this work? Is this Only $19 for this month, or is it recurring?
From Freedom website: You will receive a $5 discount of the monthly price of the plan for 12 months as long as you remain active, in good standing, and subscribed to an eligible plan.
Dec 4, 2021
17 posts
3 upvotes
seems interesting but not sure if 1.5gb is enough for me. does anyone comfortably use that little every month?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5295 posts
4479 upvotes
Toronto
So is this a $29 plan or $24, because it lists the price as $29 before the discount.
3. Digital Discount

Digital Discount is a $5/mo. discount off the regular price of an eligible, in-market rate plan.

How do I activate Digital Discount?

Activate a new Postpaid or Prepaid service on one of our eligible in-market rate plans

Set up Auto Pay (pre-authorized payments); and

Redeem the “Digital Discount” promo code.

Note: Activating a new service automatically registers you for My Account and all its helpful self-serve tools.

For new customers (or existing customers switching to an eligible plan at a Freedom Mobile retail location or through Customer Care)

For existing customers switching to an eligible plan through My Account (or new customers who didn’t get set up for Digital Discount at the time of activation)

Visit our Support section to find out how to set up Auto Pay payments and how to redeem the Digital Discount promo code.
17. Prepaid Limited Time Offer

Offer is available for a limited time and is subject to change or cancellation without notice. Applicable taxes extra. To be eligible for the $5 discount for 12 months, you must activate a new Prepaid line on an Eligible Plan (Freedom Nationwide Talk + Text + 1.5GB/2GB). The credits will start to be applied as a bill adjustment before tax on your 2nd bill. You will receive a $5 discount of the monthly price of the plan for 12 months as long as you remain active, in good standing, and subscribed to an eligible plan. The promotion may not be combined with any other in-market offer, with the exception of Digital Discount. All services subject to Freedom Mobile’s Terms of Service, Internet Traffic Management Policy, Fair Usage Policy, and Privacy Policy.
$5 off lasts for 1 year according to this.

I'm guessing one of the $5 discounts stay around, but the other is removed after 1 year?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5295 posts
4479 upvotes
Toronto
I talked to an agent online, their SIM ordering process is a little odd. They take your personal details and send a SIM for free, new activation is $10 once you receive your SIM card. However it takes 5-7 business days for that SIM to arrive, if this expires August 3rd you may not get the SIM in time to be able to activate with this offer?
Nov 13, 2017
193 posts
305 upvotes
Vancouver
alwinhuynh wrote: seems interesting but not sure if 1.5gb is enough for me. does anyone comfortably use that little every month?
I usually use data for surfing FB/news on the go, no streaming, with Data saver on (Samsung device) and 1.5 gb should be enough.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7842 posts
3419 upvotes
zentro wrote: I talked to an agent online, their SIM ordering process is a little odd. They take your personal details and send a SIM for free, new activation is $10 once you receive your SIM card. However it takes 5-7 business days for that SIM to arrive, if this expires August 3rd you may not get the SIM in time to be able to activate with this offer?
They say 5-7 business days but I ordered a SIM a couple of weeks ago and it came the day after I ordered it in Toronto.
Jul 14, 2007
204 posts
186 upvotes
This isn't a bad deal, but if you're patient it gets better.

I signed up a few months ago but with 25 GB of bonus data. Since the bonus data bucket lasts for a year, it works out to 3.58 GB of data per month plus unlimited talk and text for $19/month. There was a $10 activation fee, but I also got $25 back from a refer a friend.

I've seen Freedom offer bonus data every other week or so. It's a good idea to check back before signing up.
Freedom Mobile, Voila, Koodo, Simplii, and Tangerine user.
Jul 14, 2007
204 posts
186 upvotes
zentro wrote: I talked to an agent online, their SIM ordering process is a little odd. They take your personal details and send a SIM for free, new activation is $10 once you receive your SIM card. However it takes 5-7 business days for that SIM to arrive, if this expires August 3rd you may not get the SIM in time to be able to activate with this offer?
When I ordered a SIM card online, the agent put a note on my account so I could access this offer after the expiry date.
Jul 14, 2007
204 posts
186 upvotes
alwinhuynh wrote: seems interesting but not sure if 1.5gb is enough for me. does anyone comfortably use that little every month?
It's possible if you're careful. If you have an iPhone, there's a data saver feature. As I've posted below, sometimes Freedom offers bonus data on top of this $19 offer.
Nov 23, 2017
617 posts
426 upvotes
This is only for 12 months and then back to $29/month if you don't autopay or $24/month if you autopay. OP could be better titled.
Dec 11, 2010
681 posts
532 upvotes
Have been on this plan since last year. Perfect for WFH workers.
There are signals on TTC and have no issue with cellular reception so far.
Also, it survived the Rogers outage.

I'm in GTA for reference.
You'll Never Walk Alone.
Jan 11, 2020
467 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
This is a good deal. I'm locked in for the next 2 years unfortunately, but I always wanted that $100 for 6 months with 2 GB data deal.
Feb 14, 2014
30 posts
152 upvotes
Spartan2013 wrote: I waited for this for my wife.

Now she has to make a decision of giving up pay-your-way-2000 and going with this for a year.
If she has the grandfathered pay your way with "unlimited income calling" (and now free texting), keep that forever!
Dec 12, 2009
441 posts
300 upvotes
I do. No streaming whatsoever and I don't even get above 1G/mth although I am more of a light/medium user.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3684 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
I wish they brought the $10 add a line with 1Gb missed it earlier this yr.
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
997 posts
432 upvotes
GSD wrote: I wish they brought the $10 add a line with 1Gb missed it earlier this yr.
Yea after coming on rfd I heard about that sadly I wasn’t with freedom and either way the deal was gone, but there seemed to be a time where they did offer it again and then another 1 or 2 times for only a handful. But Earlier this year?! When???? Are you talking about someone posting that there loblows was doing it? Urgh I’ve been waiting for long now, with how things are I don’t expect it to come back rip.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)