Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile offering some customers 5GB of free monthly data

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 8:42 am
Oct 25, 2010
161 posts
99 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 12:56 pm
Can you explain why it's the best plan Ever?
Old $50 promo plan from a couple years ago. Includes 8gb home data and 1gb away data (also works in USA !!!).
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2968 posts
2082 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 1:10 pm

i think it gives u free 1gb usa roaming data not sure, its great for peeps who travel near the border usa
bbcspaceman wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 1:18 pm

Old $50 promo plan from a couple years ago. Includes 8gb home data and 1gb away data (also works in USA !!!).
That's a very good deal, $11 more than my plan which I think is the same but with 5gb home instead of 8gb. If I can get a CSR to give me the 5gb bonus data then @ 10gb data for 39 I think it will be a pretty incredible deal
Mar 9, 2012
170 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Have the Promo Everywhere 50 plan and called in. Rep said the same thing as others have been told - being sent out in waves randomly and that the rep himself is also waiting for his text as well.

He then offered to look into any other promotions that were immediately eligible for my line and gave me a 2 GB add on.

Couldn't get it for my other two lines on the 8GB promo everywhere plan with the 1GB US data.
Mar 9, 2012
170 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
bbcspaceman wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 1:18 pm
I tried to get this back when it was in market, after I committed to the Promo Everywhere 50. I started a tab for an iPhone 8 and they wouldn't let me switch plans due to my tab having been started.

I could really use the 1GB US data...Unamused Face
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3619 posts
1065 upvotes
Parry Sound
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 12:56 pm
Can you explain why it's the best plan Ever?
In Freedom zones:
8GB LTE
Unlimited calling to Canada and US
Unlimited global text, picture, and video messaging

In Nationwide zone or in USA:
1GB LTE
2400 minutes to Canada and US
Unlimited global text

If you travel outside of Freedom zones often then you really can't beat this plan.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
May 24, 2008
398 posts
93 upvotes
We chatted about that briefly and it's mainly because of the ability to call the USA and it's included. Now you have to have the add on
Using the awesome Blackberry KEYone. Used to have BlackBerry PP SE, Z30, Z10, BOLD 9900, 9000, Playbook 36gb
Nov 19, 2009
12 posts
canada
I had 2 gig for 24 months, changed to 3 gigs perm by one rep over a week ago - they actually stated that I should try calling back in if I do not receive a text. I tried calling a few times more a week or so after when I saw people were getting 5 gigs with my plan, but wasn't able to be transferred to loyalty when I asked. Just told my plan wasnt one of the plans that would get that bonus. Im on the promo 50 everywhere. When I asked if I could get a text about this bonus. The associate told me that I probably wouldn't. And now I wonder if its because I have the 3 gig bonus. I do have notes on my account now for calling in. So that probably doesnt help.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2968 posts
2082 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 1:53 pm
In Freedom zones:
8GB LTE

1GB LTE
Unlimited global text

If you travel outside of Freedom zones often then you really can't beat this plan.
So that's pretty similar to my plan with the differences being I have 5gb instead of 8gb and I have unlimited US roaming for 39.

I'd benefit more from the 50 plan for the extra data but if I can somehow get the extra 5gb added that's going around it'll be a pretty epic plan.
Mar 16, 2018
253 posts
222 upvotes
Hamilton
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 1:53 pm
In Freedom zones:
8GB LTE

1GB LTE
Unlimited global text

Love my Promo Everywhere plan - it sounds really basic, but it's so nice to be able to go for a weekend trip to the USA without having to think about another thing to switch on or setup. Just grab your passport and go; everything works! 1GB is plenty to even be able to use Snapchat, navigate, and use a little music for the car ride.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3619 posts
1065 upvotes
Parry Sound
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 2:29 pm
So that's pretty similar to my plan with the differences being I have 5gb instead of 8gb and I have unlimited US roaming for 39.

I'd benefit more from the 50 plan for the extra data but if I can somehow get the extra 5gb added that's going around it'll be a pretty epic plan.
I don't think you get any nationwide data/calling/texting.... nor do you get US calling from Freedom zones.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3619 posts
1065 upvotes
Parry Sound
ownthesky wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 3:09 pm
Love my Promo Everywhere plan - it sounds really basic, but it's so nice to be able to go for a weekend trip to the USA without having to think about another thing to switch on or setup. Just grab your passport and go; everything works! 1GB is plenty to even be able to use Snapchat, navigate, and use a little music for the car ride.
Since Freedom isn't a nationwide network, it helps to have nationwide roaming included for the times you want to leave the city or if you're traveling between Freedom zones.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2968 posts
2082 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 5:33 pm

I don't think you get any nationwide data/calling/texting.... nor do you get US calling from Freedom zones.
It includes unlimited talk, text (including mms) and data in the US. Unlimited Canada-wide talk, text (including mms) and data.

I'm not sure of the specifics beyond that but this plan has been more than useful for the years I've been on it, between WhatsApp call and WiFi calling everything is covered and them some.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3619 posts
1065 upvotes
Parry Sound
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 5:50 pm
It includes unlimited talk, text (including mms) and data in the US. Unlimited Canada-wide talk, text (including mms) and data
Yeah, you get US roaming and Freedom zone call/text/data. You don't get Nationwide call/text/data nor any US calling.

Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 27th, 2019 5:50 pm
I'm not sure of the specifics beyond that but this plan has been more than useful for the years I've been on it, between WhatsApp call and WiFi calling everything is covered and them some.
If you don't travel around Canada or make calls to the US then this is a fantastic deal for $39. Some people have even gotten the F&F 35% discount on it to bring it down to $25.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7310 posts
3558 upvotes
North York
I just called and the agent doesn't have any idea what I'm talking about :(
Tried to convince me to change plan ...

Went to online chat and was easily able to get extra 5 gb on all my 3 lines.
Freedom Mobile Update: You have now been subscribed to Loyalty 5GB Bonus Freedom Data. We hope you enjoy this feature!

Thanks OP!
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
600 posts
231 upvotes
Freedom should give free 5gb promotion to all users of Promo Everywhere 50 plan, so there 8gb will become as 13gb, this will be a right marketing strategy to compete with Koodo, Public Mobile and Fido.

Upvote this post if you want Freedom to add free 5gb' to all existing Promo Everywhere 50 plan users