Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Mobile offering some customers 5GB of free monthly data

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 8:42 am
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11362 posts
5785 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:18 pm
Lol I'm sure they've had plenty of people calling that have been members since inception like myself that have multiple lines and threatened to leave, it doesn't seem like they really care as they know they're getting more and more customers everyday that are paying more.
While yes, you are correct, I was told the promotion is still on going. And the same goes for any service provider, Rogers, Bell, etc... Since this is the last line that we have with Freedom, my idle threads are real! lol
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2970 posts
2082 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:26 pm
While yes, you are correct, I was told the promotion is still on going. And the same goes for any service provider, Rogers, Bell, etc... Since this is the last line that we have with Freedom, my idle threads are real! lol
Idk if you're following the thread about the Fido pixel 2 debacle but someone who's been a Fido client with multiple lines for years also got screwed over like the rest of us and as far as ik got the exact same ' treatment ' as the rest of us new or old customers so I'm not entirely sure these guys care much as loosing a longtime customer with many lines like that isn't something you just shrug your shoulders and move on.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11362 posts
5785 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:33 pm
Idk if you're following the thread about the Fido pixel 2 debacle but someone who's been a Fido client with multiple lines for years also got screwed over like the rest of us and as far as ik got the exact same ' treatment ' as the rest of us new or old customers so I'm not entirely sure these guys care much as loosing a longtime customer with many lines like that isn't something you just shrug your shoulders and move on.
I ordered and provided feedback in that thread, just unsubscribed this AM. No telecom cares about losing a customer. I'm just sharing in the toasty bread like everyone else. If I manage to pull something off, I'll share that too! And await your comment.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2970 posts
2082 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:37 pm
I ordered and provided feedback in that thread, just unsubscribed this AM. No telecom cares about losing a customer. I'm just sharing in the toasty bread like everyone else. If I manage to pull something off, I'll share that too! And await your comment.
Lately it's been looking like these telecos are caring less and less about customers, it's quite odd.
Jan 20, 2012
472 posts
306 upvotes
LONDON
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:41 pm
Lately it's been looking like these telecos are caring less and less about customers, it's quite odd.
In the grand scheme of things, not really odd. For every lost subscriber, 100 probably sign up and flock from other Big 3 companies. Or they go to their sub-brands like Koodo, Public, Virgin, Fido, you name it. So really, these guys aren’t losing money, and customers mean nothing to them.

Yes, it sucks for consumers. But at the end of the day, you gotta go with the game, or go to a subscriber that’ll hit them right in the nuts. If freedom is a company that would work for you, that’s probably the one company that’ll eventually hit the Big 3 hard if Shaw doesn’t eventually turn into one of them.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Nov 10, 2003
100 posts
52 upvotes
New Westminster
Promo everywhere 50... just got the 5gb added to my account now. Chatted with the main line —-> supervisor—-> loyalty.

Had a good chat with the supervisor and when he transferred me to loyalty the guy did it right away.

Supervisor did offer the digital discount $5 for 6 months and I declined asking to speak to loyalty to possibly cancel.
Mar 13, 2012
818 posts
389 upvotes
Near You
Anyone have success getting this add-on on the Big Gig plans? I'm new with Freedom, so I don't think I have the option to threaten to cancel.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11362 posts
5785 upvotes
Toronto
abridges wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:54 pm
Promo everywhere 50... just got the 5gb added to my account now. Chatted with the main line —-> supervisor—-> loyalty.

Had a good chat with the supervisor and when he transferred me to loyalty the guy did it right away.

Supervisor did offer the digital discount $5 for 6 months and I declined asking to speak to loyalty to possibly cancel.
Called in yesterday, was told that I had to wait. Didn't offer any credits. Wasn't very helpful.

What exactly did you say to get it?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke