Expired Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile - YMMV $30 For 15GB Unlimited ($50 - $20 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2022 12:19 am
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4521 posts
2066 upvotes
Parry Sound
880syy wrote: Talked to loyalty yesterday. Since I have 12 months left on my tab, couldn't get the offer
One of my lines has a 12 month tab left and I was given the deal without question. Like you said, it depends on who you're talking to.

Your plan comes to about $1.67 per gig which is cheaper than this deal ($2/gb) so you still have a good deal either way.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Sep 15, 2019
439 posts
1475 upvotes
High
MayorOfToronto wrote: One of my lines has a 12 month tab left and I was given the deal without question. Like you said, it depends on who you're talking to.

Your plan comes to about $1.67 per gig which is cheaper than this deal ($2/gb) so you still have a good deal either way.
That’s cause you’re the Mayor of Toronto lmao
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9890 upvotes
Toronto
StormJG wrote: I don’t know the case why you guys couldn’t pay 5$ too change the plan the day you did it, I did it cause I was scared since I knew the plan wasn’t supposed to be given I told him right there I want to start immediately hehe
What? Scared of a cell phone plan?? I hope that you actually take some time for self reflection to determine what's really important in life. Perhaps you can talk to a therapist.

No one should be freaked out of cell phone plans or this OCD in trying to obtain the best deal, basically $5 less... Take care of yourself.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
850 posts
397 upvotes
Lol if you where in my situation you wouldn’t know I wasn’t allowed to get this plan some guy finally gave it too me so I said I’ll pay 5$ bucks nd change it now lol
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
850 posts
397 upvotes
dam wel played if you do that then these agents are sneaky lying about the system if you literally got it on a 12 month tab that makes no sense Literally everyone knows you can’t change a plan you got on a 2 year contract so if this was possible stacking discounts is possible lol
Dec 4, 2020
6 posts
7 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: One of my lines has a 12 month tab left and I was given the deal without question. Like you said, it depends on who you're talking to.

Agreed. Still a solid deal. It really does come down to who you're talking so there's no point fussing over whether or not you end up with a good agent. Great that you got it though!
Mar 20, 2020
84 posts
31 upvotes

So you did not pay off your phone tab balance before getting this plan applied to your account? Assuming they gave you this plan to your other line which has no balance at all? Am I right?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4521 posts
2066 upvotes
Parry Sound
KingKongZilla wrote: So you did not pay off your phone tab balance before getting this plan applied to your account? Assuming they gave you this plan to your other line which has no balance at all? Am I right?
Yeah so initially I changed two lines without tabs to this plan.

The line with the tab was on a similar plan called "Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 10GB Care" for $40.

So I contacted them the next day and basically just said it doesn't make sense that I'm paying more for a lesser plan on this line. The agent agreed and without hesitation they did it for me.

My bill came out the next day and the tab is still there being paid off monthly.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1164 posts
337 upvotes
Richmond Hill
got the plan without any issues over chat support, but wasn't able to get any additional discounts over x months after asking if they can apply the digital discount.
I'll try again when the plan appears on my next bill
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2010
5089 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
To all those doubters, here ya go. Billing date was 10th not 15th, so facepalm on my part.

Digital discount and $10 for 24months is on there and so is the $20 off. I guess they bundle it together.

$10 mytab is for a phone I got recently because in order to be eligible for $10 for 24, I needed to get a device.

Hopefully this helps those. Again, didnt have to spam me, I was eventually going to hone up to my promise and post it so you can try your luck.
Images
  • 4FB6DB5C-83CE-4732-B7A9-1EB39683D35E.png
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
850 posts
397 upvotes
Balanar08 wrote: To all those doubters, here ya go. Billing date was 10th not 15th, so facepalm on my part.

Digital discount and $10 for 24months is on there and so is the $20 off. I guess they bundle it together.

$10 mytab is for a phone I got recently because in order to be eligible for $10 for 24, I needed to get a device.

Hopefully this helps those. Again, didnt have to spam me, I was eventually going to hone up to my promise and post it so you can try your luck.
Well now don’t you look at that lol well that’s great we can see if we can do it now thanks in advance
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
850 posts
397 upvotes
Balanar08 wrote: To all those doubters, here ya go. Billing date was 10th not 15th, so facepalm on my part.

StormJG wrote: Well now don’t you look at that lol well that’s great we can see if we can do it now thanks in advance
Im going to do it tomorrow if I have time, and I hope we all can get it goodluck with freedom csr
Mar 20, 2020
84 posts
31 upvotes

You are soooo lucky my friend. I guess you have a very easy to cooperate with supervisor that you chatted with and maybe that supervisor is higher up in the "rankings" if ever there is a tier for these supervisors at Freedom's customer service end. The supervisor that I chatted with cannot apply the digital discount on my account. Also when I did HUP in a Freedom store, the sales rep manager can't also apply the $10 off per month for 24 months ($240 total loyalty credit) on my phone tab to lower my monthly plan for phone so in your case you got the "super duper mega galactic" discount that a person could probably get with this loyalty plan with a device upgrade. Congratulations brother. Happy for you and jealous at thesame time. Lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4521 posts
2066 upvotes
Parry Sound
Balanar08 wrote: $10 mytab is for a phone I got recently because in order to be eligible for $10 for 24, I needed to get a device.
I don't understand. Your bill says $25, meaning without the $10 mytab discount you would pay $35.

So what benefit was it to get a device just for a discount that only cancels out the cost of the device and nothing else?

I mean, unless you needed a new phone... but you said you got the phone only so you can get the discount lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2010
5089 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
MayorOfToronto wrote: I don't understand. Your bill says $25, meaning without the $10 mytab discount you would pay $35.

So what benefit was it to get a device just for a discount that only cancels out the cost of the device and nothing else?

I mean, unless you needed a new phone... but you said you got the phone only so you can get the discount lol.
Like I stated in my previous post, I needed to upgrade in order to get the 24 months $10 credit. So in this case, I was able to get a phone and only pay $25. Phone financing isnt free bud. I mean would you pay $30 for the plan OR $25 for the plan and the phone?
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
850 posts
397 upvotes
Now I’m lost so all together you paying 35$?
Mar 20, 2020
84 posts
31 upvotes
Balanar08 wrote: Like I stated in my previous post, I needed to upgrade in order to get the 24 months $10 credit. So in this case, I was able to get a phone and only pay $25. Phone financing isnt free bud. I mean would you pay $30 for the plan OR $25 for the plan and the phone?
I think you missed to include in your calculation the extra $10 for your phone tab so: ($30 big gig plan) + ($20 - $10 credit phone tab) - ($5 digital discount) = $35 for phone and data plan plus tax. You are paying extra $5 more for phone and plan as opposed to only $30 for the plan only. All in all, a very good deal.
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
850 posts
397 upvotes
Balanar08 wrote: Like I stated in my previous post, I needed to upgrade in order to get the 24 months $10 credit. So in this case, I was able to get a phone and only pay $25. Phone financing isnt free bud. I mean would you pay $30 for the plan OR $25 for the plan and the phone?
KingKongZilla wrote: I think you missed to include in your calculation the extra $10 for your phone tab so: ($30 big gig plan) + ($20 - $10 credit phone tab) - ($5 digital discount) = $35 for phone and data plan plus tax. You are paying extra $5 more for phone and plan as opposed to only $30 for the plan only. All in all, a very good deal.
Sorry for asking just making sure you got the phone through freedom csr it’s weird already that you where able to get the 5$ digital discount then the 20$ mytab which you get to keep and a 10$ discount whoever that was we all are jealous of you and happy 50/50Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2010
5089 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
KingKongZilla wrote: I think you missed to include in your calculation the extra $10 for your phone tab so: ($30 big gig plan) + ($20 - $10 credit phone tab) - ($5 digital discount) = $35 for phone and data plan plus tax. You are paying extra $5 more for phone and plan as opposed to only $30 for the plan only. All in all, a very good deal.
I think you got your calculations wrong. Not sure why you added $20 when its suppose to be $50-$20.

$50 - $20 = $30 care plan.

-$5 digital discount

-$10 ($10 for $24 months)

+$10 for device tab

= $25 monthly

$15 without device but I didnt have the opportunity
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
850 posts
397 upvotes
Jeez holy whoever that supervisor was I think he made a mistake like my agentFace With Tears Of JoyLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face I’m sure they can’t do this they’ll be losing money