Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Locked: Freedom prepaid $99/year talk & text & 50GB LTE data! (no data $89/year)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2022 10:47 pm
Nov 20, 2017
885 posts
1163 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom prepaid $99/year talk & text & 50GB LTE data! (no data $89/year)

DO NOT DISCUSS REFERRALS IN THIS THREAD

Regular $99/year dropped to $89/year. (no data)
Currently $99/year plan include 50GB LTE data/year.

By The Year 50GB + Talk Text ($99/year)

Talk
FREEDOM: Unlimited calls to Canada; Unlimited incoming calls
NATIONWIDE: $0.05/min. for incoming and outgoing calls to Canada

Text
FREEDOM: Unlimited global text, picture and video messaging Text; Unlimited incoming messages
NATIONWIDE: $0.05/message global text, picture, and video messaging

Data
FREEDOM : 50GB for 12 months

Additional Features(Freedom nationwide):
Voicemail+
Call control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)

New activations only. But not new customer only. Existing customer also can open a new line for this plan.
Images
  • $99-PLAN.JPG
Last edited by Tony98 on Dec 3rd, 2022 11:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thread Summary
New activations only. But not new customer only. Existing customer also can open a new line for this plan. Some users reporting success in either getting 15GB added to their plan when threatening to port out, or being able to forfeit their remaining prepaid time for this new plan.

You do not go into the store, you can buy this online. If you ask Freedom chat to ship you a SIM, the promotion will be saved for you for 14 days if you write down the order number. You must remember to keep your order number to take advantage. This is a good option if you need to stall a few days on your old plan as well. Some users reported that reps would not honour SIMs received after promotion ended in the past though, so YMMV.

$10 activation fee, provincial taxes apply. Some third party/non-corporate stores are charging a made-up $10 SIM fee - this is because there is low commission on Prepaid sales, so stores will charge for otherwise free SIMs to at least earn additional profit/commission. This can be avoided by going to a corporate store. Make sure to leave a bad review for the kiosk/store on Google to help ensure that future customers are warned about this unethical business practice and their double dipping.

Freedom retail outlets (includes Walmart/TMS/Best Buy): https://locations.freedommobile.ca
Locations listed as offering Warranty and Repair service are Freedom corporate stores.

Unlike the Big 3 budget brands, Freedom does not restrict access to desirable features -- full-speed LTE, VoLTE, WiFi Calling (free globally), eSIM support, international SMS & MMS, premium voice mail, are all made available to every Freedom plan.

For an optimal Freedom network experience, a phone that supports both LTE Band 13 and VoLTE is a must.
On Freedom working VoLTE is required to access their 700MHz 'Extended Range LTE' Band 13.
=> Device Compatibility Check <=

Coverage Map

Do not set up autopay on this annual plan. The billing system is designed for monthly pre-authorized debits. There is no autopay discount on annual plans.
Calendar a reminder to top up a couple weeks before your annual renewal date.

If you exceed your 50GB before renewal, there are 30-day data add-ons of 5GB for $25, and 1GB Nationwide for $15.
To manage your yearly allotment, on the device set a monthly warning at the 3GB mark, with a mobile data suspend at 4GB.
To check your current usage quickly and easily from the phone, dial -
*123*1*1*2#
You'll immediately see your real-time data usage (and renewal date). Program it into a new contact 'Data usage', give it a speed dial.

There are thousands of Shaw WiFi hotspots in AB & BC, freely accessible to Freedom users.
When setting up your device for Shaw MobileHotspot or Passpoint access, set the WiFi EAP method to AKA (not AKA').

Freedom mobile bands:
3G UMTS Frequency Bands
B4 (1700 MHz)
4G LTE Frequency Bands
B4 (1700 MHz)
B7 (2600 MHz)
B13 (700 MHz) (extended range)
B66 (1700 MHz) (Freedom's primary band, usually fastest)
B71 (600 MHz) (deployed mainly in Ottawa region, extended range)

Check your cell phone bands:
https://www.frequencycheck.com/
Band status check app (Android): (Regarding RoughRunner's post #616)
LTE Discovery
Network Cell Info

WiFi Calling website has expired security certificate, so registration will need to be done on desktop instead:
https://myaccount.freedommobile.ca/dash ... gistration
https://vowifi.authenticateme.ca/
https://www.google.com/search?q=enable+ ... freedompop

For existing prepaid line users, you can transfer balance between any two prepaid lines. (The transfer takes effect immediately.)
Method 1:
On the transfer out line dial: *136*transf amount*transfer in number#
Method 2:
On the transfer out line dial: *123#, then:
choose (3)Transfer $$ from my own credit
choose (1)Transfer to another customer
Enter phone # to top up
2542 replies
Feb 27, 2007
736 posts
278 upvotes
damn, just renewed my 99/year, the 50gb of data is huge, thats over 4gb a month
Jan 8, 2010
285 posts
75 upvotes
I have an account with freedom so I guess I won't qualify ☹️
Jan 24, 2015
601 posts
94 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Tony98 wrote: Regular $99/year dropped to $89/year. (no data)
Currently $99/year plan include 50GB LTE data/year.
Freedom network only.
What's the meaning of Freedom network only? Only certain areas which Freedom covers? Thanks
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Too bad this doesn't apply to the $129 Nationwide yearly Talk / text plan, that would be scorching hot. Being limited to the Freedom zones isn't great.
May 2, 2019
723 posts
1866 upvotes
Bloody bell that’s a killer deal. 4.1gb/$8.25 per month if I didn’t sign up for new iphone 11 plan I’ll be all over this.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
ChristineY wrote: What's the meaning of Freedom network only? Only certain areas which Freedom covers? Thanks
Yes, you can't roam outside the Freedom towers. Unless you never leave the big city, this plan is pretty useless.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
Perfect! Thanks for sharing OP, take care.
Jan 24, 2015
601 posts
94 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I am currently on $99 plan. Is it possible to switch to this one?
Nov 20, 2017
885 posts
1163 upvotes
ChristineY wrote: What's the meaning of Freedom network only? Only certain areas which Freedom covers? Thanks
Only Freedom network coverage. If out Freedom area still can talk but $0.05/min. Text and data charge extra.
Nov 8, 2013
642 posts
476 upvotes
whats the difference between Freedom Network vs Freedom Nationwide

edit:
Freedom
Our Freedom network provides access to the data, talk, text and features included with the Freedom portion of your plan. Your phone will display ‘Freedom’ when in this area. You may be connected to 3G, LTE or Extended Range LTE networks depending on your location and device capabilities. Pay-per-use rates may apply. Visit My Account to learn more about your current plan.

Freedom Nationwide
When you travel outside of our ‘Freedom’ network in Canada, you’ll be connected to a partner’s network. Your phone will display ‘Nationwide’ when in this area and may also indicate that it’s roaming. You’ll have access to the ‘Nationwide’ portion of your plan or, if your plan does not include a Freedom Nationwide data allotment, pay-per-use rates may apply. Visit My Account to learn more about your current plan.
Last edited by GNKRFD on Nov 29th, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 18, 2022
17 posts
4 upvotes
Hi new here
How do we find a coverage map?
Sep 5, 2007
324 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
ChristineY wrote: I am currently on $99 plan. Is it possible to switch to this one?
No, new customers only :( I'm on the $99 plan as well.
Nov 20, 2017
885 posts
1163 upvotes
Only Freedom network coverage. If out Freedom area still can talk but $0.05/min. Text and data charge extra.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
c9gunner wrote: No, new customers only :( I'm on the $99 plan as well.
You should be able to add a new line with this new plan if you want. Ask in store.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2387 posts
17484 upvotes
Lava hot deal for those that primarily stay in the city. Would pair this with a $44 35 GB 3HK eSIM for out-of-Freedom coverage which uses Rogers.

~$144 for a year of combined 85 GB of data - 50 GB within Freedom cities, 30-35 GB outside. Only downside is talk being $0.05/min outside Freedom cities, but VOIP calling like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc is so popular now anyway.

For those asking about Freedom coverage: best unbiased way is to check a map of towers - shows the literal locations of each tower in every city:
http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/canc ... s=o&pid=39

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1726 posts
723 upvotes
hot hot hot
Dec 12, 2018
460 posts
1181 upvotes
Damn, nice catch OP. This is essentially 4gb a month for $8.25.

I only use 2-3GB a month max on my adventurous months.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7470 posts
1459 upvotes
Ottawa
Is the 50GB permanent or a one time bonus for the first year, also can you add a line and qualify for it as new customer?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
rivet wrote: Is the 50GB permanent or a one time bonus for the first year, also can you add a line and qualify for it as new customer?
For the first question, no one really knows.. Keep in mind that there is a lot of talk / controversy about Freedom potentially being bought out by Rogers.

As for the second question.... This will likely work but you'll have to ask the staff at your Freedom store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)