Freedom Mobile

Freedom Winback 35$ 15Gb (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2021 4:17 pm
[OP]
Aug 17, 2021
4 posts
4 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom Winback 35$ 15Gb (YMMV)

Got a winback offer for 35$ for 15 gb that you keep for as long as you remain a freedom customer.
spoke with an agent and was told that if the merger with rogers went through, youd retain the offer.
Images
  • Untitled.png
  • asdas.png
25 replies
Oct 1, 2020
880 posts
2133 upvotes
dang this rogers / telus fight is heating up. I still hate rogers for trying to buy up shaw. Big telecom cartel doesn't need to get any bigger.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2021
4 posts
4 upvotes
I would love to switch, but honestly, the nation wide coverage sucks too much, even if I rarely go outside of the GTA, also I'd stil have to pay the activation fee, while Fido gave it back as credit.
Mar 14, 2016
180 posts
166 upvotes
Ontario
Been dealing with Freedom for a week now in relation to the Telus winback. Let me just say that I am so glad to be not with Freedom (horrible reception - many calls disconnect even with 3/4 bars, basic things like credit card top up randomly stop working without anybody being able to tell why so you have to go to store, chatting with reps takes 30 mins for a 5 min query and to top it off, each rep seems to give out a different set of information). Granted this might be unique to me and almost everybody would have had the same with the big 3 at some point - but, I haven't dealt with this kind of experience with any provider thus far.

Canadian telecom situation sucks and maybe Freedom is a victim of that in this unfair fight, but the infrastructure sucks.
Qui Tacet Consentire Videtur
May 22, 2009
631 posts
1214 upvotes
Canada
Paulie1RFD wrote: Check BestBuy for same deal. New sign ups. No "win back" needed.

best-buy-mobile-best-buy-freedom-mobile ... p-2505912/
It is not the same deal. that deal is $35 for 15 months then $45 for 9 more. After that $45 a month . This is $35 as long as you stay with freedom
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1239 posts
872 upvotes
QuinteWest
pwned.u wrote: It is not the same deal. that deal is $35 for 15 months then $45 for 9 more. After that $45 a month . This is $35 as long as you stay with freedom
My bad... I stand corrected!
Apr 16, 2013
564 posts
581 upvotes
Surrey
endvyy wrote: Got a winback offer for 35$ for 15 gb that you keep for as long as you remain a freedom customer.
spoke with an agent and was told that if the merger with rogers went through, youd retain the offer.
LoL, The Rep can tell you anything you want to hear. History has shown from Past Mergers going back to late Nineties that Plans will eventually change sooner or later. Even if the plan said 'This is Valid for Life'.
Nov 2, 2018
39 posts
26 upvotes
The only thing that's for certain is that Rogers has said that they will not raise Freedom prices for a guaranteed 3 years after the deal goes through. So we're looking at 2025 at the earliest.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1239 posts
872 upvotes
QuinteWest
Its guaranteed prices will change and not likely for cheaper price.
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
MattF90654 wrote: The only thing that's for certain is that Rogers has said that they will not raise Freedom prices for a guaranteed 3 years after the deal goes through. So we're looking at 2025 at the earliest.
Considering what happened to mobilicity this might not be that bad. I know people who are still on the 6gb unlimited voice and text for $25
Jun 15, 2019
68 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Why rope former customer back while neglecting current subscribers? DV for me
Dec 7, 2007
329 posts
222 upvotes
I won’t go back to them again:
1. Their signals sucks.
2. The Fido, Virgin, Koodo plans are similar , there is no reason to choose them.
3. Their customer service messed up my bill and hard to understand, don’t know how to resolve the issue.
4. The system programmed Only can use IE, otherwise you have to restart again, and cannot show their representative a good view what the plans in it.
5. The store employees always do the trick to their customers.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1720 posts
164 upvotes
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: I pay $10 for 1 gig lasts 3 months unlimited calls texts
Are you on prepaid or post pay? How do you get this? Thanks
Jun 24, 2013
236 posts
284 upvotes
Any roaming data or all Freedom network?

How about calling/texting off the Freedom network?
Aug 4, 2019
523 posts
236 upvotes
ONTARIO
jattdesi wrote: LoL, The Rep can tell you anything you want to hear. History has shown from Past Mergers going back to late Nineties that Plans will eventually change sooner or later. Even if the plan said 'This is Valid for Life'.
Well the city fido plan was unlimited and they were forced to keep it for many years after Rogers bought fido.
Even though they lied to customers and said you have to switch your plan.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2165 posts
2327 upvotes
pwned.u wrote: It is not the same deal. that deal is $35 for 15 months then $45 for 9 more. After that $45 a month . This is $35 as long as you stay with freedom
The moment The merger is approved sometime in 2022 (and it will, this horse and pony public hearing is just for show) between Rogers and Shaw the moment Freedom/Shaw mobiles gets gutted. Just like Mobilicity when it got bought by Telus. All the existing customers are forced to migrate at some point and all the discounts are gone. So enjoy while we can.
Feb 29, 2012
504 posts
194 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: The moment The merger is approved sometime in 2022 (and it will, this horse and pony public hearing is just for show) between Rogers and Shaw the moment Freedom/Shaw mobiles gets gutted. Just like Mobilicity when it got bought by Telus. All the existing customers are forced to migrate at some point and all the discounts are gone. So enjoy while we can.
Rates will remain unchanged for at least 3 years.
By 2025, the market for plans may very well be different.
Plans have been trending better, not worse, here...
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10799 posts
848 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm surprised at all the Freedom hate here. I've been using Freedom for over 2 years now, and I've had no problems at all. I live on the outskirts of the GTA, and I used to frequently commute to Toronto and work downtown with no issues. I've travelled to Vancouver where I also had no issues. I'm surprised.
4chan melts your brain.